Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Clicking with someone--what does it REALLY mean????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nd300
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Clicking with someone--what does it REALLY mean????Page 1 of 1    
We meet people all the time that we think we'd like to date or be in a relationship with. After a date or two we hear from them that "we're just not clicking".
What really does this mean???? Is it simply lack of instant physical attraction---aka the 10 second rule(insert your favorite time frame)??? Or is it something deeper felt or not felt that says"No,not this guy/girl. He/she isn't the one I'm looking for."
I'm simply curious............................
Thanks in advance for all replies.
 0wiseone
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Clicking with someone--what does it REALLY mean????
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:31:21 AM
Well, I'm sure you could find a lot of opinions on this topic doing a forum search, but I will tell you that in my opinion "clicking" is an ambiguous term that means different things for different people. It can mean chemistry, ideas, opinions, lack of traits one considers a turn on, too many traits one considers a turn off... take your pick.

Consider it a nice way for a woman to tell you that you're a nice guy, but just not for her and she doesn't want to insult you with a list of (many times petty) reasons why you're not perfectly perfect for her. Just keep dating and having fun while you're at it.
 iyamnot
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:38:22 AM
Be glad that the wrong one doesn't waste both your time. It gives you the chance
to indeed go find the right one. They are out there, for sure. Some just take a bit
longer to find, is all. Well worth the wait !!!
 english lass
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:56:14 AM
it depends

but basically i think it means just not connecting in some way, often physically/attraction-wise but it could also mean that you don't 'get' eachother - not enough shared interests/outlook

and in the end, it means it's not going to work out
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:13:53 AM
Clicking with someone in the early stages to me means neither of us struggle to talk, the conversation just flows naturally. We are both excited to see one another. We both feel some sense of underlying chemistry that needs to be investigated. There are not clear and present red flags.

If one of these things is off kilter, it wont work out, and I will say it is because we did not click.
 liquid405
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/20/2009 9:15:49 AM

Clicking with someone in the early stages to me means neither of us struggle to talk, the conversation just flows naturally. We are both excited to see one another. We both feel some sense of underlying chemistry that needs to be investigated. There are not clear and present red flags.

This sums it up really well. However, I would like to add that girls I 'click' with I am totally comfortable around.
 ArrowSparrow
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/20/2009 12:26:29 PM
It bothers me sometimes when people rationalize the "She was a waste of my time" mentality. Waste of time... ? No one wastes my time. I waste my time. No one has control over my time unless I let them, and no one is to blame for me "not clicking" with someone.

Clicking with someone is when things just fall into place. You want a girl who doesn't smoke, but you settle for a girl who does. Then when the girl who has a great smile, laughs at your jokes, and genuinely cares for you comes along... you know you click well when she doesn't have any cigarettes in her purse.

It's that sudden realization that her energy is compatible with yours, and it feels good.
 lelathecat
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/20/2009 12:28:09 PM
Op obviously you have met people you didn't click with. What are the reasons you didn't click with them?
 pinciperro
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/20/2009 3:51:00 PM
For me I know when I click with someone it is like I have met a friend. Someone with whom the conversation is so very easy, the laughs are genuine, and the smiles are unabashed.
 clasact
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:20:05 PM
It can mean that you have conversation that just flows so easily it's like you've
known them for a long time.

When you are comfortable around them just to be yourself and that it feels like you've been there before or belong there ........just a comfort zone.

When there's silence but it's not awkward.
 kpooks
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2009 5:05:30 AM
I think it means a gelling of physical sexual attraction, thoughts and emotions-!
 SeanBreslin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2009 11:23:55 AM
Mental connection = Friendship
Physical attraction = Lust
Friendship + Lust = Romantic attraction.

If both people are romantically attracted to one another... Click.

That's my personal opinion on it. I'm sure there are many.
 jammy111
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/22/2009 11:51:28 AM
Be grateful it never took three and a half years of your life to be told it
and clicking immediately does not mean clicking long term
Chat talk date love its like a circle phew it would drive ya to lol
good luck buddy
 akimmbo
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2009 12:37:02 PM
really mean?
I think it means different things to different people.

mostly, it's a feeling...just an easy feeling. Think of a few friends you know...that you knew rather quickly that you would be friends......and other acquaintances, where it just never got off the ground., for 'whatever' reasons.

Same thing.

yes , it can be the 'No, this isn't the guy/girl I'm looking for".....however, if someone is able to tell that in 10 seconds....they're most definitely not the ones I'm looking for either.

hey, you can't click with everyone, then how would we know what the special ones felt like?

KImbo***********************************************
 BowLove
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/22/2009 1:35:31 PM
Do you think you can dribble a football ?

No, it just want click

" To click " you got to have things in common , so that your friendship snaps together.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Clicking with someone--what does it REALLY mean????