Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Chat Not Working      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mvirginia
Msg: 1
Chat Not WorkingPage 1 of 1    
For the past day, I cannot get chat invites to go through. I open up a chat window and it apparently connects -- but the user on the other end is not receiving the request. I verified this with someone -- they said they never got the request (i.e., no chat request came through on their end). Is anyone else having this problem?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
 Brian-1
Msg: 3
Chat Not Working
Posted: 3/2/2009 3:07:08 PM
I have found that if you close the chat window, then click the link to open it again, you may have better luck.

The chat feature does experience connection issues from time to time.

One way to reduce issues is to verify that cookies are enabled (not just to sites you click to, but fully enabled).

Also check that popups are not blocked.

If everyone did that, then I'm hoping that these connection issues will resolve themselves.
 pecunia
Msg: 4
Chat Not Working
Posted: 1/8/2013 6:34:36 PM
I experienced the same problem as posted by MVIRGINIA above
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 1/9/2013 6:36:12 AM

I experienced the same problem as posted by MVIRGINIA above
What a shocker. That would mean the same answers apply.

Cowboy
 TravellingPopa
Msg: 6
Chat Not Working
Posted: 3/17/2013 9:14:11 AM
I think its POF not allowing or showing people on chat when in fact they are not
I have contacted several people and not one responds
Clayton
 mark1508
Msg: 7
Chat Not Working
Posted: 3/18/2013 2:06:12 PM
I emailed pof about this problem, here is their reply :

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to email POF.com.
Unfortunately, Adobe Flash is currently experiencing issues with its latest version. If you are using our Chat with this version, you may be noticing issues. If you have another browser on your computer, we recommend that you try the chat with that browser, as it may work correctly.
Adobe is currently working on a fix for this. We hope that you'll send a message using the traditional messaging system in the meantime!
Thank you for your patience. Chat will be back up and running smoothly again soon!

I don't know if it is true or not, but it would explain all the problems with it not working.
 xmissmoox
Msg: 8
Chat Not Working
Posted: 4/10/2013 3:33:55 PM
Hey peeps!

Just downloaded Safari as ive tried all of the other browsers like firefox, chrome, I.E etc and chat worked!

What you have to do is after you have downloaded Safari go to 'settings' (top right of the page) 'preferences' then 'privacy' and where it says 'block cookies' change it to 'never' then go to security and uncheck the box saying 'block pop up windows'.

Should work!
 olderandexperienced
Msg: 9
Chat Not Working
Posted: 4/11/2013 12:37:33 PM
yes, same thing for me...............very annoying!! wish this would get fixed!
 YOURSTRULY4766
Msg: 10
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/4/2013 5:21:43 PM
as of may 02,2013 my chat stopped working,i can click under someone who is chatting and it wont allow any windows to open,what is causing this to happen,i really do rely on this to talk to the person discreetly.i have been a user of this site for four years,THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME UNTIL THE OTHER DAY!WHAT IS GOING ON?
 Rusty6857
Msg: 11
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/7/2013 2:36:51 AM
Yes same for me, glad I'm not paying any money or I would be after a refund

Russ
 kiss69
Msg: 12
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/9/2013 7:39:35 AM
Not working for me - not even in safari with the fix stated a few posts above :(
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/9/2013 9:55:06 AM
That post was 4-10 of this year. The chat has since been disabled. See this thread
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16004761.aspx
Post 12 by the owner of this site.

Also see
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16016305.aspx
Post 3.

It is also the discussion in this post
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16013055.aspx
Don't look for it to return soon. Unless you want another unstable feature to return.
 mikeywolf1967
Msg: 14
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/10/2013 6:49:29 AM
Did it with what ya said about safari to get chat to work and nothing dont know what it is maybe the computer or just POF side thanks anyway...There a way to contact them POF and ask them about the situation was working for me couple weeks ago now nothing pops up when i click on the chat from one female i chatted with it just goes back to top of screen and no box.? Evow is the same as Pof and have no problem using there chat box there the same one they have on here...is it the Flash Player you think?
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/10/2013 7:39:55 AM
^^^Read my post just above yours.
Chat has been disabled by the site administrators. They tried to initiate a new chat system and it threw the entire site into one of its many tizzies. So they had to disable it. I’m not sure why so many don’t get it? Unless you are not actually reading all the posts about this.

You have posted in each of above threads yourself. Each of your posts are all basically the same comments.

Hopefully you would start to grasp the idea that chat is disabled here. Just possibly, just maybe, they tried the new version here first and decided that since they screwed things up so much on this site it just might not be a good idea to do the same elsewhere.

I will only post this reply here since answering your post in each thread would be redundant.
 kingofcressey
Msg: 16
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/26/2013 8:30:23 AM
im having the same problem and guess what no one replies to my emails either feel like pulling my hair out
 kingofcressey
Msg: 17
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/26/2013 8:32:16 AM
my chat window has not been working for over a month now and when i mail them about it they do not reply:modhammer:
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 5/27/2013 9:39:28 PM
dont pull your hair.
chat is disabled.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 19
view profile
History