Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do you use your partner's name during sex? Does your partner use you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kayliecat
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you use your partner's name during sex? Does your partner use yours?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This might seem like an odd question if you've never thought about it...

I never use my partner's name during sex. "baby" "oh god" all good... But his name? No. For me, I think it's somehow even more personal, more intimate, to use his name... (I have issues expressing emotions verbally)

The other night my guy used my name several times "Come on, Kaylie, ...blah blah..." or "That's it, Kaylie, blah blah..." except he didn't say Kaylie of course. LOL since that's not my name in real life. He was,um, encouraging me to take pleasure, shall we say? LOL

It really affected me. In a good way, of course. I liked it. But I realized when he did it how rare it has been for me to hear my name from a guy during sex or for me to say a guy's name during sex.

I wondered how common or uncommon this is. And why. Why would we not use a partner's name. Do we only do it when with someone we are in love with? When the relationship has progressed to a certain level of intimacy? What does it mean that we don't?

Is it like kissing - that some of us always kiss when having sex and some of us don't kiss much unless it's a LTR?

I took a very informal poll of the unmarried guys around work. 2 sexually active currently, 2 not. And of them? Only 1 uses a partner's name during sex. They were all male b/c I don't have unmarried female friends at work TO ask. LOL Actually not outside of work either.

They didn't know why they didn't say her name though. And the one that did didn't see it as a big deal to use her name.

So out of 5 of us, 4 male, 1 female, 1 of us speaks his girl's name during sex and the other 4 of us don't... I was the only one though who said I didn't because it felt too intimate, too much like exposing my feelings before I was ready to...

So what about you all????? This isn't a poll... Just want to try to figure this one out. If I"m an oddity or what? And if I"m not, why on earth wouldn't we do it?
 Samantha44
Msg: 2
Do you use your partner's name during sex? Does your partner use yours?
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:21:56 AM
I love hearing my name when having sex and I in turn use his name....for me it heightens the arousal...not sure why it just does ( perhaps more intimacy)
 Site_Stalker
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:24:53 AM
my ex partner liked being called a slut and being choked
 aiyana61
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:27:27 AM

Do you use your partner's name during sex? Does your partner use hours?
If I had a partner, I wouldn't be here.....
 deerdog1
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:29:30 AM
Oh Yes Kaylie ....do that again baby

just kidding Doll...when I was much younger and kinda playing he field ...so to speak ..I was afraid I would say the wrong name by mistake ,,,
like the redneck rodeo joke ...you get on.. call your wife by her sisters name and if you can hold on for 8 seconds you jump off and throw your hat in the air ....

seriously those days being gone ..the only time I normally call my wife by her name is when there is other people there ...and its not obvious that i am referring to her ..other times when we are along ..I use a variety of endearments ..or pet names ...or sometimes obscenities ....whether we are shagging or washing the dishes ..but I may well try this just to shake things up a bit ..or just to show her that I still remember her name ...
 Connor_T
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:31:03 AM
It depends on the name- some don't go very well with grunts and moans, so little slut will just have to do.
 groovychick67
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:00:51 AM
In the early stages of a new relationship I definitely wouldn't say their name.......what if in the heat of the moment you say the last lovers name? LOL Best to stick with "oh baby" or "ummm......honey" and then yes of course you should always reward him with the elevated title of "OH GOD"!

When its exclusive and intimate, then yes I will say his name.
 urinemyway
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:04:46 AM
All the women I have sex with call me John.
 kayliecat
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:30:41 AM
Ok, but urine/john... do you say her name???
 TooShadows
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:46:51 AM
It's very rare for either my girlfriend or myself to say one another's name during sex. We're also more inclined to say "Baby" or "Oh God!",or something else.
 whytwater
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:48:41 AM
I use her name to get her attention, get her to focus on what I'm about to say, and I suspect that's true for most of us.
But if we're the only people in the room, or within earshot, if Allah is at all merciful, it shouldn't be necessary to preface my message (which is probably gonna be one of the urgent kind) with her name .
Likening use of his/her name to intimate kissing seems strange to me. More often, I would only use her name when I wanted to close a gap (distance, attention, whatever), bring her attention back to me.
Maybe your lover thought you had drifted off to some other place, and wanted you all there. Lol.
But, you got my attention when you say you liked his using your name. Gotta scribble that down, somewhere.
 grizzelda
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:51:58 AM
I have to agree with Deer. Usually the only time I will use someone's name is when there is more than one person in the area or to catch their attention. Since its just me and him, I dont think I need to point out who I am talking to...this would come across as odd to me, like I wasnt in the room and he was more talking to himself then me...
 god_of_rock
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:52:22 AM
I usually do call her by name, (in a LTR) and she calls me by name

maybe some people don't for reasons mentioned..afraid they will use the wrong name, either an ex-lover, a fantasy lover, or one of several current lovers..?

as Led Zeppelin put it:

"It's the way
you call me by another guy's name when I try to
make love to you. I try to make love but it ain't
no use."

Hey fellas, have you heard the news? You know that
Annie's back in town? It won't take long just
watch and see how the fellas lay their money down.
Her style is new but the face is the same as it
was so long ago, But from her eyes, a different
smile like that of one who knows.

Well, it's been ten years and maybe more since I
first set eyes on you. The best years of my life
gone by, here I am alone and blue. Some people cry
and some people die by the wicked ways of love;
But I'll just keep on rollin' along with the grace
of the Lord above.

People talkin' all around 'bout the way you left
me flat, I don't care what the people say, I know
where their jive is at. One thing I do have on my
mind, if you can clarify please do,

It's the way
you call me by another guy's name when I try to
make love to you. I try to make love but it ain't
no use.
 Rushâ„¢
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:04:09 AM
I'm starting to wonder if my name being called out during sex, would even sound right.

"Oh yeah, India! Give it to me, baby!"

I guess I would have to hear it first, and then some.
 urinemyway
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:09:29 AM

Ok, but urine/john... do you say her name???

No, my payment entitles me to call them by any name I choose. Sometimes I use Camilla Parker Bowles, other times Ellen DeGeneres.
 j!!dub
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:10:14 AM

So what about you all????? This isn't a poll... Just want to try to figure this one out. If I"m an oddity or what? And if I"m not, why on earth wouldn't we do it?

Perhaps they haven't yet been properly introduced

And once or twice, the sex was so good I forgot their name...he11, damn near forgot my own.

I guess the only reason I would think to use their name is if there was an identity issue...IOW, more than one other in the room...or in their head. I wonder how many times guys use 'baby' or such because in their head they're getting it on with Jenna Jameson or Cytheria or their brother-in-law's sister or such. It's truly harder to focus and use the correct names in the proper context.

Queen of Awesome
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:13:00 AM
I never used to say names during sex, but recently I've started saying my man's name. I don't even know why, since I never used too, just one day "Oh Kevin" came out. But I like saying his name now, so I keep saying it. He doesn't say my name often, once in a while, usually after I've said his name, but I like to hear it.
 OutMind
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:17:15 AM
"Oh baby you are just awesome. Sarrah keep doing that, Oh my god SARRAHHHH that is so awesome. Sarrahh. Go, go. go. Ahhhhhggggshhhhhh."

(Silence, shortness of breath, a tricke of sweat.)

Girl gets up from the bed and throws his clothes out the window, then goes back to the bed and screams

"Who in the h ell is Sarrah!!?"
 ~rain~
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:17:23 AM
baby, master, Sir, mr happy head, big huge rock hard mountain of man meat! (giggles)

never ever ever...do I use given names!

hmmmm.....(ponders) He has used mine and it really does nothing for me!

call me a slut and choke me instead!! LMAO...just kidding!!
 kayliecat
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:21:18 AM
Rain...

Climbing up the "big rock candy mountain"? LOL

sorry...ur post made me think of the old song....LOL

So Rain, why not??? Why don't you?

K
 whytwater
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:27:18 AM

big huge rock hard mountain of man meat!

You actually said that to some guy!!???? Naaaahhhhh. Didjya? LOL.

LMAO...just kidding!!

Superfluous!!! Every one of your posts is "just kidding"!! You could probably solve this site's occasional overload problems single-handedly is you just left that j/k out. Lol. If you're ever actually serious, just add that disclaimer.
 ~rain~
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:35:19 AM
Not ALL of my posts end in "just kidding"!!

umm...

and yes I have used that,but it was with a grin on my face!!
 *mandrake*
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:41:27 AM
well, I would have used her name, but I forgot it!!

I have done that, but it was a long time ago. We both got turned on by using each others names...made it very personal!

and we weren't grinning like "rain"!!!!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 12:02:26 PM
I don't use given names... never have, don't think I ever will. I don't remeber any one using mine either... the odd "baby.. " and whatever..

As for why I don't use given names.. I don't know.. just never did it, never saw the point.
 god_of_rock
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/3/2009 12:05:20 PM
^^

I don't use given names... never have, don't think I ever will.

ohhh, it had to be 'given' names?

I rather like: "oh that's soo hot, Ms. Smith!" :)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do you use your partner's name during sex? Does your partner use yours?