Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Standing by your man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MalaSam
Msg: 1
Standing by your man?Page 1 of 1    
Taken from Sky news
Just days after their reunion in Miami, Rihanna and Chris Brown have returned to Los Angeles.The pair touched down in a private jet together yesterday.
They had patched things up while on holiday at P Diddy's mansion on Star Island over the weekend.The couple are understood to have reconciled after Chris was arrested on a felony criminal threat charge following a pre-Grammy event in LA three weeks ago.
He later apologised for the incident, but further controversy was sparked when TMZ leaked a photo of a woman, alleged to be Rihanna, looking bruised and battered with cuts on her lips and forehead.According to inside sources, Ri and Chris are now "definitely together", and Ri's father Ronald Fenty has spoken out in support of the decision, saying: "Whatever road she chooses I'm behind her."

Am I the only person screaming WTF? Get out, get away from him! Your a role model for young girls, show a bit of backbone lady and walk away!
I am not a fan of Danielle Lloyd, but i have to say i found a new respect for her when she revealed that she had been beaten by her ex, and she followed threw with charges against him.

Do you think its a case of every man deserves a second chance?
 *kath*
Msg: 2
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:08:40 AM
Do you think its a case of every man deserves a second chance?

No.

If you relent just once then you are effectively giving him the green light to continue the abuse.

It is a sad situation to be faced with,the lady in question is young,naive and in love.She probably thinks she can fix him,she is wrong and I expect she will at some point in the future regret the day she ever went back to him but if thats what it takes to make her realise that love can be blind then on her head be it.I hope for her sake she has a strong network of family and friends.
 MalaSam
Msg: 3
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:15:32 AM
I have to agree with you there *kath*, any woman that returns to an abusive relealionship has to accept that they are slighly at fault too. Im not saying by any means that a any woman deserves to be beaten, but if she returns to him, knowing full well what he is capable of she has to take some responsibilites for the end result.

Fool me once shame on you,
Fool me twice shame on me.
 *kath*
Msg: 4
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:21:25 AM
I agree though to be fair to the abused woman,the manipulation usually happens before the first signs of violence,this type of man will control the woman,pinpoint her weaknesses and pick away at her self esteem until she herself believes that she is only worthy of the bad treatment he dishes out.

By the time he does physically strike her ,she is that low that she will keep going back time and time again because she believes she deserves it.
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 5
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:23:19 AM
Men who beat up women aren't just animals who can't control their tempers, they are quite often very skilled at being super manipulative as well.

He's probably done a right job on her mentally as well as physically. I wouldn't blame a woman for going back to a man who has beaten her because I know how complex those kinds of situations are...

Anyway, what do we know of their actually story, the two of them....and if Rhianna fails to be the best role model for young girls, at the very least, if the story of her relationship with that bloke who beat her up enfolds how we all would expect where he continues to hit her and possibly even end up fatally injuring her...well then the young girls who are easily influenced by the goings on of celebrity life will have learnt what we all know about men like that anyway.
 dub08
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:24:49 AM
Personally I think she is an idiot. Her fate is being played out in public and she still cant see it. I hope someone looks out for her because he will do it again.
 jlo007
Msg: 7
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/5/2009 3:04:47 PM
ITs sad that her dad is giving a green light and his blessing to this relationship, she may be blinded by love, but whats his excuse, at the end of the day he can,t make her do anything but u'd hope he would show more care for his daughter's wellbeing.
 thenewlife
Msg: 8
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/7/2009 3:43:04 AM
Logic and reason is not her big thing obviously, I guess she likes the emotional roller coaster. Her choice.
 junkyard dawg
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/8/2009 2:58:49 PM
There comes a time, when you stop being a victim and become a volunteer.When you accept abuse, you are a volunteer.The abuser learns he can abuse and it will be tolerated and blessed with makeup lovemaking.Sometimes after the make -up, the girl will get pregnant and bring a helpless child into the crazy mix.The women are in love and dont want to end the relationship, its that simple.So they turn a eye of denial to the fact that if someone loves you, he will not beat you up.

If you had a dog in your house, that bit you and attacked you at regular intervals, how long would you tolerate him in the house.You would have him put down, as he was dangerous.So why tolerant it in a human.These men are like dangerous dogs.Shows the importance of taking the time to know someone before getting emotionally involved.Emotions if you dont have control of them, cloud issues and result in bad choices.

We have had so many women murdered by male partners this year in Ireland e.g the Reilly case the other day, that women should be clued up about abuse, the signs and the necessity to get out early.Abuse should be treated with zero tolerance, one strike out.I agree abusers are manipulative, controlling and can break down self worth.Their abuse is about them and their fears and insecurities but they convince their victims otherwise.I feel Chris Brown is intimidated by Rihannas beauty, success and talent and wants to control her.I cant believe her Dad has colluded in this. Perhaps that tells us, why she has gone back.Maybe Chris is like dear old Dad.

The worst thing about spousal abuse is that kids are often present , terrified and watching their mum being attacked. How harmful is that.They often get abused them selves as well.Women should leave for the sake of their kids health and safety if not for their own.If a woman put her kids first instead of some abusive brute, less kids would issues.Staying letting your kids endure that is reckless and selfish.I love him is the cry, well he does not love you, if he is breaking your nose my dear.Wise up Rihanna, before he ruins that pretty face or kills you.Abusers do not change.
 ehmkay09
Msg: 10
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/9/2009 6:04:55 PM
I agree. Many people stay with their abuser because they still love them or want to fix them. Some are scared to leave. Individual's reasons differ but there comes a time when you have to save yourself and/or your children and get out. It's not easy but it's the bravest thing to do. If someone abuses you it's out of an abject lack of respect for you as a human being and possibly comes from lack of self-respect also. Once someone stops respecting your humanity...get out. That desire to control others around you coupled with loss of self-control just spirals downwards. One day it's a bruise, next it's a break. It's sad, on both sides, but she should get the hell away from him, whoever they are.
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 11
Standing by your man?
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:21:35 AM
His name should tell you something. Chris Brown-Bobby Brown. This is another case of Whitney Houston all over again. What comes next the drugs? You get an idiot that destroys who you are to what they want you to be. She should run as fast as she can. Just ask Donna Summer, Tina Turner. There is no excuse for a man to hit a woman, PERIOD. Being intoxicated or on drugs is NO excuse. Be a man and either walk away or resolve the issues. Women are meant to be a blessing from God.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Standing by your man?