Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > singles events in regina,      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shawnsense
Msg: 1
view profile
History
singles events in regina,Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
hello there, i see there is the occasional event hosted, not sure how not to discriminate.but it would be nice to meet people within my own age category.just wondering if anyone out there would also be interested in something like this,and organizing it would also be another issue i am sure but could be done if enough interest was shown any feed back would be apreciated thanks
 magic_mist
Msg: 2
singles events in regina,
Posted: 3/17/2009 11:06:25 AM
i agree but i am not sure how to go about organizing one. does anyone have any advice ? any ideas? age range?
 forevercute28
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/22/2009 6:15:29 PM
Please Organize one. Maybe somewhere that has a private room? Labodegas, the rack, brewsters? Or what about Bowling?
 magic_mist
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/22/2009 6:33:27 PM
how about a evening in april?
 shawnsense
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:27:46 PM
yeah i would think bowling would be fun? not sure where to start though
 sunshineeee
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/26/2009 5:30:32 PM
anyone know about any singles dances? if you do what are the rules, so to speak, dress clothes? no hats for men? etc etc.

thanks
 shawnsense
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2009 3:51:11 PM
one is being planned for the end of april,just working out some details, bowling at a place with a lounge, does that sound interesting? not sure how to get the word out, any more input feel free to let me know
 SCOTTISH_SOUL
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:32:59 PM
trash76 now that you have some people interested you need to just take the bull by the horns and create a thread for your event. You decide when and where to hold the event. To create an event, At your inbox you will see a a link in black "local events", click on this and it will take to another link "host your own event and rules for hosting. PLEASE these rule s so your event doesn't get deleted. Once you read the rules I am sure you will confident enough to create YOUR event.
 Just Jacks
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:30:24 AM

anyone know about any singles dances? if you do what are the rules, so to speak, dress clothes? no hats for men? etc etc.

Contemporary Singles (in Regina) holds a monthly singles (as in not married, not dating, not seeing anyone) dances. The age range is generally +50. No dress code, whatever you feel like shaking your groove thang in.

If you google Contemporary Singles Regina you will find their website, it has dates and locations but other than that it's a pretty bunk site.
 shadowskeeper19
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/30/2009 10:33:23 AM
I know of the group contemporary singles and they do have a dress code and they do not just have +50....It is a good time for those who are not into the big party / bar scene it is a relaxed and laid back atmospher ...and yes there is a web site it is posted under the regina contemporary singles at that so no offence but unless you attend one of these dances don't knock then....It is not fair to any group and as I said we are all singles and it is a place to so and have a good time dance and have a few drinks and also a meal at midnight

Just Jacks I have not ever scene you at one so I am not to sure how you can run them down as POF members go there and they have a good time and also that is one of the places they go for New YEars as you can still talk and not have a bunch of drunks around and have to stand like in a bar which is a meat market the bars that is
 Just Jacks
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/31/2009 12:02:39 PM
Well I'm not sure by what you mean by 'I have not ever scene you at one ...' because bad grammar filters past my pea brain. Also, being strangers, it's more than likely you haven't noticed me. I've been to the dances, so I can "run them down" if I want. Not all opinions have to be in the positive side.
 shadowskeeper19
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:52:49 PM
well just jacks I am sorry you feel this way so I do and have you been to the new address then as it is a good one....I feel it is a better place for people who do not want to go to the bar scene and be able to still talk and do some dancing as well...After all you are to be able to talk to get to know the person and being able to socialize is important.....and everyone has different tastes so they do..... I would like to post a get together with the pof as a night out on the town but maybe you will come and then maybe not but we have lots of fun at these things the get togethers that is.
 Just Jacks
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/8/2009 9:09:56 AM
i'll come to a regina pof event when it's not held at a dive bar or seedy hole or a rip off of another group event.
 shadowskeeper19
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:22:28 PM
so exactly what is a good bar to you something like JD's as that is not a good bar that is a dive and the ones on the strip well not good either they are all meat markets so to speak
 Just Jacks
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:43:49 PM
call me crazy, or a logical thinker, which ever works but would plenty of fish not be a meat market? after all it IS a dating site geared for singles to meet other singles?
 shadowskeeper19
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/14/2009 9:41:46 AM
well when you plan a get together you are in another venue and it is not plenty of fish I am saying is the meat market I am aware it is a sinlge's site it is the bars that are noisy and meat markets so they are and there is very few places in Regina that people can meet and have the allowing of being able to still talk and not have to deal with all the drunks and stuff some people are not into that so we have to be fair and considerate of all
 Li Xia
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:29:15 AM
Despite the negativity to this thread, has there been any update to anything happening for an event? I vote for something in June if there are still people interested.
 sk1960
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:21:58 PM
I agree about the negative vibe Li Xia - I know last fall there was a bbq organized by a group in Moose Jaw area - unfortunately I couldn't go as I was out of town.. then recently there was something about a bus trip to Winnipeg to hook up with the Wpg group .... not sure what happened to it... Would be interested in something if there is enough interest.....
 socksinthecity
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/27/2009 8:33:50 AM
Thanks for pointing out the Contemporary group. From the event photos on their website it appears that there is a range of ages who attend and that it isn't too formal (although they do costume events, meh). They also have sporting events.

Has anyone heard of another group called Minus One? A friend mentioned it but thought it was for seniors. Googling "minus one regina" located a website which, aside from an event calendar, was uninformative.
 shadowskeeper19
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/29/2009 9:56:55 AM
socksinthecity the group minus one is mostly 60+ so it is...and aims at the older crowde so most of the plenty of fish people do not fall in that category if you like I can check around and get you more info on that and email it to you that is only if you like. and for the Winnipeg trip well they deleted it so missing link did not get enough people out there to go. and I am thinking of setting up a kareokee night in the south end of the city
 EhV8R
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/19/2009 12:25:47 AM
I wonder if something can be put together where, say, we just meet at say, Wascana Park. Do a BBQ thing where it's bring your own food/drinks, etc?

It's central, no cost involved with renting a facility....it's outdoors, come and go as you please, etc.

That, and it's simple to start off with.

I know June is over half over....what about something in July...like, say, Canada Day?
 New Quest
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/30/2009 1:38:33 PM
Great idea EhV8R, it will be very nice if we all get more time to organize or prepare for it. There is a Contemporary Singles Dance on July 18th...can I suggest we meet that same day in the park, have a wonderful BBQ and then later on go to the dance. We can make it a whole day of fun! I am all for it!! Hope we can organize something, at least one time this summer. Hope to see you all there, whatever that may be!
 Aidyl1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:01:17 AM
Perhaps it's a cast of a thread getting shot down by a gutted fish.

I, personaly would like nothing better than to see an event or regular activity right here in Regina that I could go to, to meet other singles, that did not involve massive amounts of liquar and noise levels so loud you have to yell at someone you just met to be heard.
Yes it is summer, and people tend to spend more of their days out doors rather than in front of their computers looking at date sites, but I am sure there must be some intrest out there in getting out and meeting other singles. Maybe what is needed is a thread that clearly lets others know a list of events that are going on. Location/Date/Time/Theme/Age Groups/Costs/Dress Codes and so on.
Events can be planned on any thread, but once one has been planned out, it needs to be place in a events forum.
Just a suggestion
 socksinthecity
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/31/2009 8:18:03 PM
You're absolutely right, Aidyl1. There'd be nothing better than getting away from the bloody computer. I imagine you're aware of the event on Aug. 29th. I've been to McNally's once and it was very loud and very crowded and it was a night of yelled conversation and getting bumped by drunks. On the other hand, the 29th could be fun. Who knows. Perhaps something along the line of New Quest's suggestion of a pre-event followed by hooking up with the Contemporary group for a dance. Count me in as an interested party. I don't know Regina very well in terms of venues, amenities etc but would be willing to help with putting something together.
 itsadventure
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/30/2009 10:57:15 AM
I'm not sure how to go about this....but I've grabbed the bull by the horns and have set up a forum telling about a POF social on Nov 21/09. It will be held at Queen City Pub on 9th Ave N.

Check out the POF singles social I posted!!!!!

I have no idea how to let all the singles from ages 35+ know about it, so if someone knows how to post it in the upcoming events....PLEASE let me know!
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > singles events in regina,