Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why does this guy keep calling me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LACali
Msg: 1
Why does this guy keep calling me?Page 1 of 1    
Men are so weird. And even at my age I'm clueless. There's this guy from Quebec that I met online last summer so it's over 8 months now. We talked and realized that he would never move to California and I would never move to Florida (he asked although he didn't invite me to live in Canada ) and I told him in December there was no point in continuing to talk-I didn't hear from him for two months then he started up again. He still emails and calls me every Sunday afternoon (even though I no longer answer not that I answered him very often before either) Why? Is this some weird personal thing (i.e. bored/lonely) or is it a man thing-since we have nothing to offer each other why is he still calling? And yes I did ask him the last time I spoke to him and he said "You are my best friend in California" since I'm his only friend in Cali I guess I must be his best friend here too....Men are bizarre.
 pbear511
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why does this guy keep calling me?
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:19:05 AM
yeah, he's an odd duck..but you do have "talk/e-mail" as what you're after here. if you really don't want to e-mail back and forth but would rather meet someone and go out, etc. then you might consider changing that on your profile.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:20:43 AM
He's hooked on you.

It could be that he's hoping he might someday whittle down your resistance, and make you move for him...

Or he is just obsessing.

If you've no interest... then don't respond. If he keeps calling, you can always block his number.
 funone571
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:43:54 AM
Did you tell him you no longer want to be friends? The frequency of his calls is odd even to the point of being slightly overboard.......could his actions be simply that of a friend who he hasn't talked with in a while and he want's to see how you're life is going? Chances are he's a little whacked but who knows?????
 Lion_of_Ireland
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:49:56 AM
Maybe he is looking to burn some of his roll over minutes and your the only person he knows in kalifernia?

Try reverse psych on him. Call him every Saturday and hang up everytime he answers or leave him a really hot message on voice mail for someone named 'Hank'
 LACali
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:50:55 AM
Actually I didn't meet him on here and I'm no longer looking for anything. If it happens fine but it'll have to be in real life-not online. And this guy, he never invited me to Canada and we discussed the fact that our lives are in completely different places and our paths will never cross I have no idea what he wants. I'm sure he has friends he can talk to in Canada and Florida. Maybe it's not a man thing maybe it's just him.
 funone571
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/19/2009 11:23:15 AM
No cosmic science involved here OP......it's just him
 eeeee9
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 1:26:02 PM

Men are so weird. And even at my age I'm clueless. There's this guy from Quebec that I met online last summer so it's over 8 months now. We talked and realized that he would never move to California and I would never move to Florida (he asked although he didn't invite me to live in Canada ) and I told him in December there was no point in continuing to talk-I didn't hear from him for two months tThis allows you to quote a previous post.

maybe he likes u on a friendship level. what a crazy guy!
 edgyplanet410
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/19/2009 1:35:13 PM
Keep up the good work.
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/19/2009 1:52:56 PM
He's just that into you!
 LACali
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:49:24 PM
"maybe he likes u on a friendship level. what a crazy guy!"

Hmm, maybe. But I behave the same way with my male friends as I do my female ones and I don't send kisses to my female friends, don't tell them how beautiful/sexy they are etc. I suppose it's the mixed messages I'm getting that have confused me over and over. Since it was him who made it clear that he had a life that was going in a different direction from mine. I agreed and told him to take a hike then and I stuck by it. Men say women can't make up their minds but I've found them to be way worse.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Men are bizarre.
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:55:00 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's not a man thing maybe it's just him.
I'm thinking business just picked up for the guy who sharpens skates in hell.
 HungarianGirl
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:59:16 PM
Oh my God this story sounds so familiar. I had this before, similar to it. I think he wants u to chase him. :) He can't stand that u let him go sooooo easily and u don't care about him anymore. Simply said, he's shocked how easily u moved on and so it bothers him. Must be a pride or ego thing. He might also find this to be extremely attractive for maybe this is a new experience for him, so yeah, he's into u. I wouldn't be surprised if he would start stalking u doesn't matter if u wanted to see him or not and would go south to see u. Girl, be careful with this one if u really really don't want nothing to do with him anymore. If u stop taking his calls and he knows ur address, and he is one of those ku-ku ones, I'm almost sure he will pay u a visit without u knowing.
 Gorbzy
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/19/2009 9:24:43 PM
First of all, women can be as weird to guys as guys to gals.

Anyway, I think he just likes your company. Yea he's attracted to you and that just adds to the mix. So unless he gives you the stalker vibe, decide whether you mind just being friends with the guy. Obviously if he's hoplessly into you or is a stalker or something like that, continually talking to him would be worse for the both of you, so use your better judgement.
 SomeBabe
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 9:47:58 PM
OP: A few suggestions....hopefully he does not know your address and he's not filthy rich. If he doesn't...great. Start by changing your phone number. The stalking might not be too far off and it's better to be safe than sorry. Make sure you can't be Googled for your demographic information. You would not want him to have your phone number and be able to locate you by GSM. If he knows your address, get a very large dog and invest in an alarm system if you can afford it. Remember though....you are separated by a country and nearly a coast as well. I kind of missed something on the Florida thing? maybe? Anyhow, be very, very careful to whom you give your number. It could be that this is some wierd obsession where he's got a list of women that he calls in order every Sunday and he's just not replaced the one in Cali yet. Or maybe he just simply lacks that part of his English vocab...you know, the words Go Away or No, Please don't call me anymore (after all, he IS from Quebec, right?). No nasty e-mails please....I didn't mean that in any other way than his primary language is more likely French. Silence is golden....but in this case, knowing there's a vast continent in between you should be comforting, so it's really your call. Take it or leave it.
 kornbluth
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 5:46:06 AM

He still emails and calls me every Sunday afternoon (even though I no longer answer not that I answered him very often before either) Why?

First, you have to step back and consider how easy it is to do this. It's virtually effortless, and e-mail is dirt-cheap. If he fancies laying siege to your walls, he has all the ammo in the world. This is the same principle as spam. You have the option to block it, or put up with it and be grateful for the attention.
 *BehindTheseHazelEyes*
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:04:28 AM
hes just creeeeeeeeepy!!!... ok if you obviously dont pink up and dont answer back.. shouldn't he get the point by now.. most guys would just say screw it and forget about you.. but either he's a creepy obcessed guy or he just wants to have a friend.. but hes over-doing it with the creepyness aspect!... i'd say.. change your number.. make sure it stays out of phone books and internet tracing
ie: private name private number... or unknown name unknown number... safest way :)!... so symply he cant track you donw and he doesnt know where you are.. and seccondly... change your email adress :)!.. u wont be hearing from him any time soon :P!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:11:37 AM
Why havent you sent him an email with "STOP CALLING " in the subject line...and nothing else.

This reminds me of that movie with Paul Newman, where hes a Lawyer and a woman did him wrong, so they stop talking, but she calls him and he just listens to the phone ring and ring and ring...
 LACali
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:42:13 AM
I did tell him to stop calling but having had internet access for 15 years now I've learned that it's best to simply ignore people and I learned that from men. When they're done with you they're done and I've adopted that behavior. I didn't mean to make a big drama out of this and hope I didn't come off that way. I am truly curious and really don't understand. I don't think he's a bad person but I don't play games. Thanks to everyone who responded for the insight. The conclusion is that it's something personal with him and I think a little bit of a language barrier since we couldn't discuss things in depth. Oh well. Thanks again.
 kornbluth
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 7:35:26 AM

…and I learned that from men. When they're done with you they're done and I've adopted that behavior. I didn't mean to make a big drama out of this and hope I didn't come off that way. I am truly curious and really don't understand.

OK. Maybe you can find the song by Kevin "Bloody" Wilson of Australia, "Do You F*** On First Date?" It's about just strolling up to any woman and asking that, pointe-blanc. Last verse goes:

"Now this method of mine may not work every time,
but then again, no method will.
I've been spat on and slapped and kneed in the nackers,
but then I've had a few f***s as well."

So, regardless of the objective, that is the strategy.
 Brave Stranger
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:37:57 AM
If you told him not to call and he still does, that borders on harrassment. The guy does not know how to take no for an answer, which is scary.

The frequency of his calls is what is most alarming.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why does this guy keep calling me?