Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Southeast Missouri Get-Together      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mokat
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Southeast Missouri Get-TogetherPage 1 of 1    
Hey all you POFer's from Southeast Missouri.......Is there anyone out there that would like to get together this Spring and try to start having parties down here each month? If you would be interested then we need to find a place and get people to volunteer to help with it. We will be needing a host and co-host to start off with. We have to have somewhere to begin and this is it...............We would even welcome people from other states that are close by like: Southern IL, Northern Arkansas, Western KY, and Western TN. Everyone would be more than welcome!!
Yes. I'd like to see a get together started in southern MO. How about Cape Girardeau?
 mokat
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Southeast Missouri Get-Together
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:27:31 PM
Well it looks like a lot of people are checking out this forum but nobody is posting. Come on you guys and help out here. I've been to some of these get togethers and they can really be a lot of fun. I just need someone to help me get one organized. I think the Cape area would be a real good place to have one.There are more hotels for overnighters and there are a lot more places there to get together. I don't want to have to drive all the way to St.Louis or Memphis to party. Come on S.E. Missourians and let's party!!
 imbelievn2ru
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 8:54:41 PM
Personally tried to get one started over a year ago as I have helped with the ones in St Louis.
Here are the problems:
Finding a location that will allow us to follow the POF rules of engagement
NO CHARGING ATTENDEES OR PAYING FOR FACILTY

Finding a location near hotel accomodations for those that travel from outta town.

Willing to assist in planning if that is what you are looking for also.

Shoot me an email
Donna
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 5:39:28 PM
you all could start out small ~ doesn't have to be a huge event like STL or surrounding areas..pick a time, place and post a "Southeast Missouri Weekends" thread..get more folks involved in your areas, who may be up to something fun, be it a sporting event or a night out on the town, movies, etc..and go from there.

Once you have a few people interested in what's happening around your area (post weekend happenings for area bars for dancing, area arenas for sporting events, etc.) on the weekends thread and you may end meeting more and more folks as the time goes by. Having a few, anywhere from 2-20 or more or less inbetween and getting to know them, is sometimes better than a huge event like our parties up here.

You could incorporate folks with birthdays in a particular month and have a seasonal party and include those with bdays in that month....just come up with some ideas and see what happens.

Donna is a good planner, organizer of events, if she's willing to assist, you should contact her as well
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/22/2009 7:56:30 PM
Yeah, what Denise said, I think most bars would be more than welcoming to having a group of single people come in... They may even offer some drink and appetizer specials... (Be sure to ask for them as well)
Harleykat is one of the main organizers and host in the St Louis area here and she always says, "Post it and they will come, that is the POF way."
I think one that would be fairly simple and a draw would be a Kareoke Night at some bar. I am betting there are bars in the area that already have them and would welcome many more. Just be sure as a rule of thumb the place can handle at least 100, some would say, at least 200... It is nice if there are hotels close by but not neccesity, we have some parties that the hotels are as far away as 10 miles. Sometimes they (the hotels) have courtesy vans you can inquire of how there use policies are set up.
Great fun is in the parties and it adds a greater dimension to what POF has to offer!
 meoowzie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 8:13:34 PM
in kc area, we have smaller, mid-week dinners. we meet in a restraunt. try to call ahed and tell them you may expect a larger crowd if necessary.

they are nice more peaceful type venues
 mokat
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 9:21:28 PM
Thanks for offering to help organize a get together here. Check your emails.
 mokat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 9:27:31 PM
Thanks so much for all the input and ideas on organizing a get together down in our area. If there are any more ideas out there to help us please post them. I had tried to get these started last summer. The first get together was a lot of fun and successful. I think there were about 15-20 there. Since that time the bar where we had the last one has changed hands and I have not heard anything too positive about it. I was wanting to try to get a new place to have the next one. Since the bad weather is over and people are wanting to start getting out more,I think we will work hard to get one together real soon. Thanks again all for the information. If anyone else would like to help in the organizing phase please email me or post it here.
 meoowzie
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 11:26:48 AM
with the weather breaking, you can set up a picnic at a local wood or river veiw park.

we have doen this a number of times over the years and they have been great fun. we have had "spring fling" you can maybe get a group together to pot luck, cook out and help with a neighborhood clean up. it's a blast
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:03:06 PM
mokat, change your email settings and send me a note, I have other ideas

~Denise
 mokat
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:40:33 PM
Hi Denise. Thanks for offering more ideas. I tried to contact you but I never could get to you. I changed everything I could change on my profile but still yours wouldnt take it. Maybe you could think of another way to get through to me.
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:49:55 AM
Did you change it to where women can contact you?
 mokat
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 1:51:19 PM
I did change it to where women could contact me but then women wanting dates started contacting me. Sorry but I'm not into the woman to woman relationship except for friends. Maybe we'll be able to get together to figure it all out soon. Thanks.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:36:12 PM
hey girl if you change it to 'any can message you' and leave it that way til tomorrow night (8 or so), I can email you..I have my settings set on friends only..maybe that's why you can't get through.
 mokat
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 11:03:19 PM
I just got home and got your message.I'll try it again and change the part you said to. I'll leave it that way for a couple of days.thanks
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:14:36 AM
mokat,
I just sent you a quick note.
Talk to you soon!

Denise
 single60inpb
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/31/2009 8:10:29 AM
There are probably a few organizer types in the Cape area. I have been to the Elks and Eagles there, both have sizable ball rooms. Someone hop in and help us out. I will check Poplar Bluff, but we may be a little too far off the I-55 to interest people. Can we get this posted on the email inbox page to call attention to it?? garry
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2009 4:42:57 PM
single60inpb, normally before an event is linked on the main page, it's after all the plans are set up in motion; at this point there's a sign up page for folks to decide if they can attend or not.

I sent Mokat some info via email last night.
 mokat
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2009 5:14:24 PM
Thanks.I got all your info and I'm sure it will come in handy.Thanks again.Kathie
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Southeast Missouri Get-Together