Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > what is your favorite dinner to cook for a date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 widowedmom
Msg: 1
what is your favorite dinner to cook for a date?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What is your favorite meal to cook for a date?

Mine are
brisket, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onions, with tossed salad, warm bread and butter, iced tea , fresh fruit

and

roast chicken, stuffing, jello with oranges and pineapple, tossed salad, warm bread and butter, strawberries dipped in chocolate

I need other ideas for dinners that are good tasting and easy to prepare ahead.
Thanks
 MizBexReturns
Msg: 2
what is your favorite dinner to cook for a date?
Posted: 3/20/2009 5:20:41 PM
Grilled salmon with blue cheese and warm spinich salad with toasted pine nuts and bacon. And of course fresh bread with a good bottle of wine. It's never failed me yet.
 Roseboot
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/20/2009 5:25:31 PM
Dinner:
Baked Ham..glazed with Dijon and brown sugar
Scalloped potatoes
Baby carrots
Broccoli
Salad of mixed greens with fresh mandarin oranges and vinaigrette
White wine

Dessert:
Fresh fruit salad over French vanilla icecream.
Tea or coffee

(If it's a winter lunch then a slow cooker full of thick home made meaty soup, served with a variety of crusty breads).
 Hawk8414
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:38:17 PM
My favorite is an old standby. Fried chicken,mashed potatoes, peas, biscuits, lots of iced tea.and dessert, cheesecake, or ice cream with hot fudge topping or pound cake.
 sanderick
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:07:46 PM
Wow Hawk, that sounds delicious! That is about the perfect comfort food dinner. WOW.....

For me, if it's summer time than I try to cook most everything on the grill. I love grilled Asparagus and/or Squash.. Just covered in olive oil and fresh salt and pepper.

The protein would be either homemade Carne Asada or Pollo Asada, or BBQ chicken, or if I had time, Indonesian Sate, with spicy peanut butter sauce.

It really depends on the time of year and what I cravings I think my partner needs satisfying.

I am loving Hawks meal right now....

brandonhandyman
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:41:11 PM
I try and find out what my date likes and take it from there. I don't want to cook something that she will not like or not a fan of. What I try and do is have things ready before, some thing that you can put into the oven and spend more time together.

Chicken Cordon Blue with stuffed baked potato's and asparagus cassorole is a good meal.

Being able to cook together is great too
 Explorerchick
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/22/2009 9:42:10 PM
I have this Cornish Game Hen with Cherry Sauce recipe that you actually make in the crock pot. Add a salad and a bottle of white wine and it's an wonderful meal that I don't have to stay in the kitchen and babysit. Plus, very tasty.
 Hawk8414
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/23/2009 11:09:21 AM
sanderick, thats what it's all about to me. I'll spend all day just working over a huge pot of collards greens, I'll trim each one with my hands and wash,wash,wash them while the seasoning meat is cooking,then I take the meat out, put the collard greens in the broth, adjust the salt and pepper taste, let the meat cool, shred it up, put it back in with the collards and let 'em cook until they're nice and tender. Grab a plate,the vinegar and some cornbread and let's go! LMAO!
I like being able to take my time cooking for somebody becuse I really do put love into everything I make. Everybody says I cook like your grandma. Maybe that's why my kids always want to me make their favorite fried chicken.
 Mtl_WI_guy
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/23/2009 12:00:45 PM
I'll either cook an Indian dish like kuorma or butter chicken, or a simple pasta dish.

Easy, fast and healthy.
 vanislewineguy
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 1:52:42 PM
Tough decision...I was gonna go with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but thought better of it...people have allergies.
So instead I'll give this one a go: Roasted carrot brie soup, grilled tenderloin medallions wrapped in prosciutto, served with roasted baby new potatoes with bacon bits, feta, roasted shallots and a balsamic / raspberry vinaigrette. It's all very simple to make and the soup always gets rave reviews. Serve with lots of bread (a baguette works well) and butter.
Cheers and good eating.

Scott
 ZenBeth
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/23/2009 4:50:21 PM
Since the family raises Angus beef I usually do Prime rib, garlic mashed potato dish, big California tossed salad, green beans from my garden and then rim pie for dessert.

Or home ground hambuger for grilling into big awesome burgers, then homemade steak fries, big fruit salad and beverages.

Or if we have been fishing I make trout, baked potato, grilled asparagus and homemade ice cream.
 Been there done that.
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:06:51 PM
Depends on the season, the reason and what looks good at the meat counter at the time.
 Whiskey Woman
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:35:06 PM
I wonder if Hawk like girls?
I just go into the supermarket and see what jumps out at me starting at the meat counter. Everything falls into place after that.
 yourstillhere
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:38:20 PM
Nachos.
She can help with some of the cooking, and the assembly part can be fun.

For dessert we can take out a bowl of extra creamy coolwhip, add a tablespoon of vanilla extract, mix it up real good then spread it onto an angel food cake.

Top it off with some granola and/or nuts and have a scoop of ice cream on the side- Maple Nut flavor goes pretty good.
 sanderick
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/23/2009 7:02:41 PM

Fried chicken,mashed potatoes, peas, biscuits, lots of iced tea.and dessert, cheesecake

Now what man with any decent taste buds in their mouths wouldn't be drooling over that meal. I agree with Hawk. You can and do put love in your food and you can taste the difference.

When I cook for someone, I do tend to do what Whiskey and others do. I cruise the meat counter and the supermarket and see if something jumps at me. Now there are occasions where I will cook a traditional Indonesian meal, but that requires a special trip for all the ingredients.

But if it's not a specialty meal, I just get good ingredients and put lots of love in there.

Now if I could talk Hawk into giving me her Fried Chicken recipe, i'd be in 7th Heaven!!

rustygetsit
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/23/2009 7:42:05 PM
Hands down - it's a no brainer that never fails me. Steaks. Huge t-bones or porter house, marinated over night (secret marinade), broiled with a variety of mushrooms, peppers and onions; green salad; Caribbean rice; and pie ... If I can't, it will bring him to his knees ...
 pinkdanielle
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/24/2009 12:33:08 AM
my no fail dinner for anyone is lasagna. It's my best dish.
 fishermansdelight
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/24/2009 1:39:48 AM
My fav date meal is a beef stuffed tortalini with a cream and sundried tomato pesto sauce, its rich in texture and flavor and goes well with wine.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/24/2009 1:40:03 AM
I used already on the stove red beans and rice as a pick up line to accompany me home once and I have no idea why but it worked like a charm. Must have been the andouille sausage. She brought the Kentucky bourbon.
 mik1950
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/24/2009 3:27:13 AM

My fav date meal is a beef stuffed tortalini with a cream and sundried tomato pesto sauce, its rich in texture and flavor and goes well with wine

umm...ok...what exactly IS a cream and sundried tomato pesto sauce?...is this a new invention?...
 joanne1357
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/24/2009 8:15:46 AM
I enjoy making lasagna, fresh green salad; garlic toast
or beef roast, mashed potatoes, veggie & salad

or a chicken dish with baked/mashed potatoes or bisquits (sp)

no one is into dessert much anymore, inc myself, but I like to finish with a "sweet"; fruit tart for 2, brownie, cannoli, something small to share. In the summer a nice fruit salad is good too

Scott- that sounds delicious- when can I come over for dinner???
 Hawk8414
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/24/2009 1:08:46 PM
Sorry whiskey, I don't like girls. I'm straight wired, all the way. LMAO!
Sanderisk, I gave a fellow on POF my fried chicken recipe , he never knew how to make it.After so many failures, he finally confessed that he was overloading the fryer.lol. Its not hard. I just use Peanut oil for frying, heat it up to 350 degrees, and I use legs and thighs. I season it with onion powder, not alot, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, celery salt, a little bit, and maybe sometimes some Old Bay seasoning.rub the chicken allover, get everything coated good. I will use Boddie-Mills fried chicken breading mix. sometimes I'll just use the same seasoning in the breading mix. Just kinda give it something,you know?
I just put the mix in a plastic bag, season the chicken, make sure the oil is hot enough, put a few pieces in the bag at a time, shake it up good, take it out, let rest so that it gets a good coating on it,like a paste almost, (that's key!) drop the pcs in the fryer and let 'em fry up until you know they're done. Take them out, set 'em on paper towels, do the same thing with the rest of the chicken pcs and just keep at it. Don't overcrowd the basket.
And just fix whatever else you're gonna have with it.
That's it, not hard, just simple
But my kids rave about it. My daughter wants me to fix it all the time when she comes home.lol.
 Naughty_Zippy
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/25/2009 3:17:44 AM
Glazed Salmon on a bed of warm Egg Nodles, served with a Pak Choi, Shitayki Mushroom and Ginger Stir-Fry. Simples :)
 junipermoon
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 5:47:37 AM
i like to do my chicken in a dark and mysterious sauce, accompanied by green beans done in olive oil with plenty of thyme, a loaf of french bread, followed by crepes with creme anglaise and seasonal fruit.

a nice dry merlot goes well with this meal.
 Naughty_Zippy
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:49:05 AM
Not trying to sound pedantic, but Merlot, or indeed any fine red wine is best had with red meat...try a Chillean Chardonay it will accompany the chicken better :)
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > what is your favorite dinner to cook for a date?