Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Are you willing to relocate?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 huntingals
Msg: 1
Are you willing to relocate?Page 1 of 1    
I think it is funny how many women have contacted me from outside my local area, but when I mention anything about my not being willing to relocate, that ends all discussion. I've gotten to the point that is one of the first things I bring up.

Why dialogue with someone out of your own area unless one of you is willing to relocate if you hit it off?
 sahasrara1000
Msg: 2
Are you willing to relocate?
Posted: 3/24/2009 6:11:27 PM
I think it depends on how interested you are.

A guy emailed me from Sacramento and told me that I seemed like the perfect girl. If I am so perfect, why wouldn't he travel to see me? It's not that far! I wasn't even remotely interested in him, but it was funny how finding someone "perfect" means nothing.

Why waste the email and me taking my time to read it? I'm not that bored.
 sassy_scorpio
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/25/2009 12:08:54 AM
Relocating was a deal breaker for me. I knew there was no point in emailing with anyone because I would never leave my kids or my new grand baby. I knew it narrowed down my possibilities because I live in the middle of nowhere. I did meet a great guy in my town, and it's worked out perfectly for both of us.

I agree with you, there is no point in starting something with someone unless you know you are willing to relocate.
 quilter54
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:40:16 PM
Well, now that would all depend on the nature of the relationship. I think if I met someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, hell ya, I'd relocate. I have friends and family in this area, but I'm still young enough to travel to visit them. Plus, I've always wanted to live in the country instead of the city, so maybe finding someone of the same mind, I'd be willing to find a mutually acceptable place. I can't say that I'd be willing to move all the way across the country, because I'm originally from the east coast and there's a reason I now live in Oregon. I'm just not going back there.
 Kat0108
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/6/2009 9:01:20 PM
The first question I usually ask of men if things look even remotely intersting is if their kids live with them or with their mom's. Cause I know for fact I wouldn't ask a guy to leave his kids behind if he only gets em on a partial basis as is. For me it's different. My kids don't have donars who care if they stay or go. It'd just justify their cause of "she keeps my kid from me" which I hear on a regular basis.

What's weird though. I'm not sure what it is. But I have a hard time with the idea of relocating within 50-100 miles but when it comes to far far away as in another state it doesnt bother me as much. I'm really not a complicated person. I swear. Maybe I figure if I'm going to stay close to home I might as well just stay home. I love my little farm.

Here's another question that fits the first. Would you travel any great distance if you weren't really confident they were the one? Do people fly 1500 miles "just to see"?
 Rydethere
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:29:34 AM
Okay, so I understand this is a dating site. But I have met some pretty amazing friends on here... and just because neither of us can relocate, how does that end a friendship?!

sahasrara1000 I agree that if he thought you were the 'perfect girl' he should have driven up to at least sit across the table from you for coffee.... I have to ask, was that his first email to you (Just wanting to see WHAT doesn't work ;) )

I think people are foolish to fall in love or assume someone is perfect with out ever looking into their eyes. Nothing starts until you meet.

So, who wants to relocate for me

~Ryder
 majiczone
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/14/2009 12:10:39 PM
For the right person and for the right reasons . It wouldn't be a problem. No matter where you live, down the street, up the river, across town , or in another state, if two people decide to have a realtionship there is going to be some sort relocating going on .
 Ima_goofball
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/5/2009 8:01:36 PM
I'm relocating for myself! I was on another dating site and got very few replies, sooooooooooo I deleted my profile and made a new one with a new photo of me, and listed my location as portland.

I got tons of responses!!!! I mean a big big difference from when my profile said La Pine!

Central Oregon sucks if you're single.
 Kowboi
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2009 8:36:09 PM
Hehe...I used to live in Portland, I didn't get anymore responses there then I do living here in Burns. Of course dating sites are different for men then it is for women, if you check favorites lists you'll see women are generally in double digits and men are in single digits. In Portland I was a little to redneck for the status quo, in Burns, like La Pine, not a very big pool to choose from. What dating I've done, since I've moved here, has happened in Bend 130mi away.
 Ima_goofball
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/5/2009 8:40:45 PM
OH geeeeeeeeeeeeze Kowboi!! Say it ain't so!!! But given my luck I'd move to portland and hear from guys in Bend.
 riley creek
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/7/2009 9:27:54 PM
Hi
I have wondered how you can put miles on how far one would travel? If iImet the love of my live I would travel to the ends of the earth!
 cynicaljynx
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 8:04:20 PM
Am I willing to relocate to be with that "special person"?

Yes...

...with some conditions.

I think there would have to be a long talk first about what both of our expected roles would be, in the relationship and at this new location. Household bread winner? No problem... what is the job market like there? House husband? Odd... but I'd be willing to give it a try, what are your expectations? I would need to have a PLAN. Not necessarily set in stone, but at least a solid direction and a "Well that didn't work, how about I/we..." backup.
 wehold
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/4/2009 8:12:25 AM
The babe that initiated with me back in June, and who I hit it off with wonderfully, is moving to my area in about 3 weeks.

She is a gift from heaven. No joke. It's like all my life I've waited for a woman like her: beautiful, fit, spiritual, old-fashioned values, loves her kids, loves the outdoors, loves the physical side of a relationship. All of it.

So yes, women do mail first, even on pof. This one did and we are madly in love and talking of marriage. I was previously on this site as-- huntingals-- and -- wildoutdoorguy.

I'm keeping a minimal profile on here now so I can continue to interact in the forums. Marie is fine with that. Good luck.
 camping06
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2010 3:58:44 AM
I am from florida semi-retired and i am trying to find a women willing to spend some time or even relocate in florida so she can stay away from the cold and snow and the dangerous icy roads,I may not be at the right place in my search.

I do speak french
If you or you know someone that would be interested to chat it would nice to know
best regards to all
 camping06
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2010 4:02:29 AM
I am from florida semi-retired and i am trying to find a women willing to spend some time or even relocate in florida so she can stay away from the cold and snow and the dangerous icy roads,I may not be at the right place in my search.

I do speak french
If you or you know someone that would be interested to chat it would be nice to know
best regards to all
 coastalkari
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2010 3:36:26 PM
A lot of people aren't willing to leave their families and move so far away that visiting frequently would be difficult. I think as we get older, it's more difficult to pick up and move and leave family and friends.
 hedon2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2013 10:08:49 PM
Based on what you're saying, they ) the women expected YOU to relocate. My question is why wouldn't they consider relocating ?
 FaithfulBrunette
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2013 2:52:17 PM
No relocating is def a deal breaker for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Are you willing to relocate?