Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked? or deleted Account?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sterno
Msg: 1
Blocked? or deleted Account?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've been chatting with a woman for about a week and today her account disappeared along with my sent messages to her. The messages from her are still in my inbox, but the account name is missing there as well. I'm fairly sure this indicates a deleted account but would like to confirm that this isn't what being blocked looks like.

Thanks
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Blocked? or deleted Account?
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:24:41 PM
If her name is off the messages in your inbox her account is gone. Do a user search. If she closed it then it will state the date she did etc... If she was removed from the site then all trace is gone. It sounds like she deleted her account to me.

Cowboy
 Sterno
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:54:05 PM
did a user search as you suggested and yep, she closed her account today.
Thanks Cowboy. I figured as much.

oh well.
 L8NITE54
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:10:24 PM
I have been on the site now for about 3 weeks. Prior to this I was on about 4 years ago without incident. I followed all the rules posted & never received any warnings. All was good. I tried one night to sign in & my account was gone. I have just recently got back on again , but , I have to re register every 2 days to a week. My profile keeps disappearing after getting to know quite a few people. Why does this happen? My settings are as requested but , I have to keep re registering ( it's been about 9 times in the last 3 weeks). This is very annoying & it makes me look like I am not a reliable person. I think they need actual people that we can register complaints with rather than the automated system now in place. My profile is up once again so if there are any suggestions , please message them before my profile disappears yet once again! Thank you................L8NITE54.
 breath~
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/31/2009 7:20:24 AM
^^ do you continually try to have a "non head shot" picture as your primary picture?
that might be it.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2009 7:34:50 AM
^^^^ breath. No a non face pic as a main pic would get his pics deleted but not his account. He almost has to have two accounts with the same email or have content in his profile forbidden if it keeps getting deleted.

Cowboy
 venusflytrap
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:05:30 PM
If you are rude to someone and get multiple complaints, your IP will be flagged and you will automatically be deleted from POF for any account you make from that computer. It takes from 24-36 hours it seems (I know someone who was rude on the forums and his profiles regularly got deleted).
 Garry1963
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/23/2009 2:02:23 PM
Hi everyone,

about four years ago, I was in regular contact with a user on here. We got on great. For various reasons I had to come off Plentyoffish (even though i was still single, and one of them was I got a job abroad). There was no time to inform this user and I didnt unfortunately get her e-mail or contact number. I arrived back in Britain at the end of last year.

I re-signed up to POF in February this year. I immediately looked her up and was thrilled to see her still on here. I sent a message but noticed that the message did not appear in the outbox. underneath the mesages sent there was a line which said "messages to deleted users will not show here". I clicked on her username and she is still there! if she had closed her account thn it would have said "User closed account on *****" and there would have been no pic, no profile, no anything.

Have I been blocked?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2009 2:46:28 PM
^^^^ Possibly. But I would suspect other problems.

They have tight filters here on first contact messages.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3133546.aspx

Read through this huge long thread paying extra attention to posts from ticketoride and trappedonbayst our mods as they referance the links from the FAQ's . The filters lighten up after a first contact message. Send her another and keep it basic. A short email and dont put email or phone numbers or anything of that sort.

get a reply back and you will probably be OK. Always watch the sent messages to be sure it sends

Cowboy
 ChecMark
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:29:27 AM
I have been on POF for several years now. As of April 18th I am no longer receiving any emails from anyone or any notifications that I have new messages. I have double-checked my POF mail settings and they are fine, plus POF is in my safe senders list on Hotmail. Any idea why I suddenly appear to be cut-off? Is there a way for me to check the status of my account? Is there a way to send myself a message to check the system?

Thanks.
 blondblueyed
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:02:23 AM
^^^ Since you have restricted mail to females only and those under your own age you probably will be blocked from sending yourself a message, unless you take them off just to check. Do you have anyone you are in contact with that also has an outside email account to help you check? You could try emailing one of the Mods…Trappedonbayst is good about helping people with their email problems.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 7:01:18 AM
Chekmark:
have been on POF for several years now. As of April 18th I am no longer receiving any emails from anyone

I'll send you a test message to help you but go remove all your restrictions for now until we verify your profile can receive mail.

I will help you verify that your profile can receive mail here if you wish.

Cowboy
 lovinlifein2010
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 9:00:42 AM
Sorry 1st timer here I'm trying to ask a question about deleted/blocked profiles, but couldn't find anywhere to "post a new question" or something similar. Anyway I hope someone can help me here. I have been e-mailing someone for the past 4-6 weeks. We've been going back and forth, e-mails all fine and good, haven't met up in person yet due to scheduling conflicts. Anyway, I sent him an e-mail yesterday with my phone number in it and also my personal e-mail. I know, I know that's not allowed, but I didn't know that. NOW update to today. I log in , and find that when I tried to e-mail him today, it says "You have been blocked by this user." I'm trying to find out if he blocked me - although I don't know why he would have - or if POF blocked me for putting that stuff in my e-mail. I can't put him on my favorites list either. But his profile is still up. Can anyone help? Thanks.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 9:05:24 AM
He blocked ya. Maybe by accident but who knows??

You cant put your email or phone in your PROFILEe but you can send it in private messages here. I mean how else could you meet and date etc...

They filter out some website addresses but emails and phone numbers should be all good in a private message.

Cowboy
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Blocked? Or Deleted Account?
Posted: 4/26/2009 11:45:18 AM
I can't put him on my favorites list either.

That's all part of being on someone's Blocked Users list. They get removed from your Favorites and you can't add them back.

If he did block you by accident, perhaps he will look at your profile and see your Forums post as this is your only one. If not by accident, well, all I can say is I wish I wasn't a smoker.
 r90sboxer
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 4:32:19 PM
How do I find out why I acan reply to a forum but cannot submit a new thread?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 4:43:20 PM
^^^ More then likely your ability to start threads has been suspended by forum moderators for repeatedly creating threads breaking forum rules/guidelines.

Contact a moderator.

Cowboy
 r90sboxer
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 7:44:24 PM

Contact a moderator.

Any in particular or do they all weild the same powers to absolve or chastise?
 r90sboxer
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2009 5:49:37 AM
Will a moderator please contact me!!!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 9:22:46 AM

Any in particular or do they all weild the same powers to absolve or chastise

I think we may be down to just one moderator right now. So lets just assume he has super powers as fas a moderator here goes anyway. His member name would be trappedonbayst.

If someone has broken forum rules of conduct you should simply report them in the proper place. At or near the top of this forum a thread in Bid Red Letters titled "Admin Forum Rule Report Violations Thread".

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts898384.aspx

Cowboy
 MsEclectic
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/5/2009 8:43:24 PM

was removed from the site then all trace is gone.

I'm curious how difficult it is for someone to get deleted...a guy I had on my faves list, and who was on my faves list dissappeared. I searched for the username, and it came back blank...

So, it looks like he has been deleted. I have his number written down, but now I wonder if I should even contact him, because he must have done something...unsavory?? Any thoughts?
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:12:23 PM
or he hid his profile ?
 scooby1965
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:19:10 PM
He probably just met someone and removed his profile? I also read where enough complaints will get you 86'ed..
 MsEclectic
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:26:38 PM
If he had removed his profile his messages would not vanish - it would say something like 'user deleted profile', I believe....

So I guess I won't be calling him.
 sexyryan82
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/15/2010 11:47:14 PM
i want my account deleted please
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked? or deleted Account?