Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How to end a fwb?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennbrun
Msg: 1
How to end a fwb?Page 1 of 1    
How does a man prefer a woman end a fwb type of deal? Is it better to say nothing and do the *poof*, not answer or return calls/texts? Say, "hey, it's been fun, but my emotions are coming into play, so we need to stop"? I would think that method, would leave us both feeling awkward and uncomfortable. I've never been in quite this situation before, and not quite sure how to handle it.
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 2
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:25:06 PM
Well, is it a FWB or a ****-buddy? I think the F part means Friend, Poof ain't the way to go.
 Navigator6
Msg: 3
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:25:09 PM
Well, if I understand the dynamics of the FWB relationship, neither party expects anything from the other, other than sex, right? So, why not just say that you don't want to have sex anymore. I mean, if you have to put that much thought into ending it and there are emotions involved, is it really just a FWB situation??

IDK, not having ever been in one, maybe my definition of FWB's is incorrect??
 SassySky
Msg: 4
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:25:13 PM
I am sorry this confuses me...
How would you end any friendship..This one just has sex attached.

Would you just Poof out on a friendship?

How would you want to be dumped from this type of relationship?

Be an adult and tell him been great but I am moving on hope we can maintain a friendship with out the sexual end of it.

This to me isn't rocket science sorry...IMO
 celts123
Msg: 5
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:26:58 PM
Unless this man was a complete jerk. Be upfront with tact. Just like you would when you are ending any type of relationship.
 hamango
Msg: 6
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:31:24 PM
Tell him before you have sex for the last time. Tell him it's the last time. See how long he tries to make that last time last. Then when he is done, and he falls asleep, get dressed, raid his fridge for beer, and head on out. He will wake up the next morning and go looking for a beer for breakfast and when he sees you took it he will suddenly realize what he lost.
 Mountain Geek
Msg: 7
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:32:40 PM

How does a man prefer a woman end a fwb type of deal?

Well, most men don't have a FWB to begin with -- unless I'm really mistaken, so it's a hard question to answer.

End it before his wife finds out -- me thinks she will be a might unhappy.

Wasn't the deal not to have emotions -- yea, better end this soon before someone gets hurt for sure.

I think that's why some FWBs don't work out -- someone always wants more.
 buckeyegal1963
Msg: 8
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:35:54 PM
Yes, just tell him, and chalk it up to experience.
 bklynrebel
Msg: 9
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:48:28 PM
Developing feelings for someone one has been fvcking? What a concept. Show some humanity and respect in ending the relationship.
 PizzoD
Msg: 10
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:51:03 PM
Tell him that he is uh... too large in the crotchal region, and that you just can't handle the pain any more. No real man is going to try to contradict you on that one.
 kirstie72
Msg: 11
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:57:03 PM
Does a FWB relationship end?

It's all semantics rather than "FWithBenefits "make it "FWithoutBenefits"

If you were never friends in the first place then "poof ", the friendship is gone, how does anyone prefer to be told your benefits are being taken from you? Why worry about the way he feels, its your emotions that you have to look after. Or maybe this is a tactical ploy to find out whether or not he wants more than FWB with you, as you say your emotions are coming into play, do you want more from him? Or do you want out?

Honesty is always the best policy, I find one person always wants out more than the other so just do what is right for yourself! Either way you'll find out he may declare thats he wants more than FWB or he may just say, fair enough and move on.

Well I hope you get what you want out of this, keep us posted!!
 Herding Cats
Msg: 12
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:02:11 PM
You have to tell him you have feelings for him and that this type of relationship isn't what you want. If he feels anything for you he will make a decison either to explore a relationship OR respect your feelings and allow you to distance yourself, OR be selfish and insist on keeping you close without acknowledging your feelings (possibly even trivializing them).

If it's the latter, the ball is in your court and you'll have to decide how much of the emotional toll you can live with.

All you have to do is be honest and then take his response to make your decision.

Ain't easy.
 Cherisiss
Msg: 13
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:15:10 PM
I never have understood FB or FWB.. to me they are the same. When it's done it's done...Yep just *Poof* he's history and you're out of there. See there is no friendship once there is sex because sex complicates things...
 Kaptain Obvious
Msg: 14
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:25:10 PM
Admit it....you really WANT to tell him how you feel in the hopes that he will figure out he has feelings for you too, don't you?? I'm not sure that your MO is actually TO end it. BUT.....it could very well end anyway if you DO tell him. And I think what you might actually be asking here is....."how do I be the one to end it before he does it to me first once I reveal myself, and still walk away without feeling any PAIN?"

Well.....you can't.... So, it looks like you're just either going to have to tell him the truth..... OR... You tell him that you've decided that FWB type things are no longer for you, and that you want to go find something with a little more depth and commitment to it......because, that last statement is NOT a lie.....it's the truth as well. It MIGHT be possible that he might come around if you tell him the latter......but don't get your hopes up. I've rarely seen an FWB relationship happen where it's always fun till somebody gets hurt....

best of luck
 Herding Cats
Msg: 15
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:30:45 PM
Look at it this way - you have everything to gain
or nothing to lose.
 tropicalfish09
Msg: 16
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:32:46 PM

So, why not just say that you don't want to have sex anymore

To me the moment someone says that, its the end of it meaning game over!
 ~RetiredNotDead~
Msg: 17
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:35:03 PM
O.P. Your 90, don't worry about it and enjoy while you can.
Now if I can remember who it was. J/K

O.K. You not that old, your here for the FORUMS.

It wouldn't be awkward for HIM, he poof.

Talk it out, if you can be a FWB, sure you would be able to talk, hey no more happy time.
 c_deacon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:35:10 PM
Does it not depend on the answer you want to hear or not hear?

You entered this with the understanding that you will remain friends and not get caught up in the emotions of the sex, and if you can not deal with that, you must decide which is more important.......his friendship, or your emotional connection now with the sexual side.

I am with cats on this one, and it is time to reveal your true feelings and allow the two of you to explore the possibility of more or not, and if not, can you withhold your emotions in order to stay friends, or can he do the same for you?

Just my opinion.......
 floatman
Msg: 19
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 4:03:29 PM
Simply say that you that your emotions are coming into play. If he's a gentleman he'll give you the space you desire. Otherwise, it's no good for you in the long run and you and he both deserve to enjoy your times together. When it's difficult for you, then stop, as he should do if it was difficult for him.
 NoQuarterGiven
Msg: 20
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 4:38:33 PM
That's odd, I was going to start a topic asking how to start a friends with benefits.

How to end it? don't answer his calls, I guess. He'll get the point after awhile.
 chrystalriver
Msg: 21
How to end a fwb?
Posted: 4/1/2009 4:45:29 PM
Just be upfront about it, its out of respect that you would tell him you dont want to continue and wish him well. if you value the friendship aspect than let him know. I think its always best to let the person know that you dont wish to continue - you dont have to give reasons behind it. Its out of respect that for him that you would just tell him instead of poofing - youll remain sane afterward too.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How to end a fwb?