Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does "I care deeply for you" mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 orchidgirl1
Msg: 1
What does "I care deeply for you" mean?Page 1 of 1    
Hello all,
I am in love with a lovely guy but I am afraid that my feelings might not be reciprocated. We have talked about it already but things don't get cleared up for some reason. He says that "he cares for me deeply". What does he mean by that? I know he's the one to ask but....
He also says that he has feelings for me but that he does not know what they are....
What do you think? Sounds like a he's just a friend, right?
Thanks!
 Mountain Geek
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What does I care deeply for you mean?
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:18:31 AM
If you are not sleeping with him -- you’re stuck in the friend / almost lover zone
If you are sleeping with him -- you’re a friend with benefits.

I don't like to say that you are being strung along, but is sounds like you are good company until MRS. Right comes along. This is strictly speculation as you’re the one involved.
 MarkSLC
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:19:48 AM
Well if I said that to someone then I'd mean I care about you but don't want a relationship from you. Perhaps this is what he's saying. Sounds like it too me.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:22:23 AM
He likes ya but isnt ready to say the "L" word. Does not mean he will, or he won't possibly in the future. But he isnt ready right now. Sit back and be patient or your going to scare him off.

Cowboy
 e*Musing
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:23:33 AM
Typically it means "the sex was / will be great, but I'm not sure I want to be making omelets for you every morning". It could mean he's still trying to get his head around the "omelet" thing and is trying to figure out where you fit into each other's life.

Upon further thought...naw...the sex was great, you're a blast, I care for you deeply and I'll be the best FWB you could have but don't expect me to be co-signing on a mortgage with you.

From the Guys-to-English dictionary, 2008 edition...buy one, it saves a lot of time.

MOTORCYCLEMAN4U
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:24:56 AM
Sounds like he is afraid of getting hurt or he doesnt want to ruin your friendship by risking more. You need to talk more and sort it out.
 orchidgirl1
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:29:22 AM
Thanks all for your feedback. I am pretty confused here. I nee d to wake up I think!!!!!
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:30:43 AM
Well, are you Bangin him or not?
 bicoastal49
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:40:53 AM
I think that some guys (particularly, logical/analytic types) have a hard time with the L-word - what does it mean to you, what does it mean to them, what will you think if he says it, what will you think if he doesn't. So confusing - better to describe intensity of emotion than to give it a name and be misunderstood.

So, maybe he's trying to be precise; maybe he's trying to be evasive or manipulate.. Whatever the truth of his intent, POF opinions are just POF opinions.
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:42:14 AM
One can care about another, be very attracted to them, enjoy them, respect them, and want them to be around........but......they might not be in love with that person.

There are many of us that have been hurt or damaged in the love area, to the point that we have shut that down, walled it up, bricked it, jailed it, and lost the key. It means that we are still in the long term process of being in love once again, and it will take time and effort to get us there.

Loving someone, or caring for them is much different than being in love with someone and how that affects your heart. Attraction, chemistry, and compatibility may exist, and all that flows with that will be there, just not the "in love" part that some demand in order to stay and enjoy that person.

My guess OP, is that this is where that man is at, and he can think of you as much more than just a friend, enjoy your body and your mind, care about you deeply and significantly, but still not be in love with you.

The question then becomes, what are you willing to accept and do about it? Can you stay with someone that makes you feel awesome, and that you enjoy tremendously, even love, but is not in love with you?

If all the other parts of this man and your relationship is all you want and can ask for, are you willing and wanting to end it because he can not feel the way you do, but still wants to be with you?

Damage control when it comes to love and the heart is as complicated as what caused the damage in the first place. May I suggest lots of communication, maybe even counseling, and just let life takes is course, and enjoy the one you are with, for as long as you can.

Just my opinion........
 MarkSLC
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:42:48 AM
I think that maybe he really likes you as a friend but doesn't want to take it any further. Kind of like saying "I care deeply for you and don't want to hurt you". Of course, that's just an opinion. The best thing to do would be to ask him, just say there's something on your mind you'd like to discuss.
 jakeya99
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:44:47 AM
He doesn't love you nor does he see potential for it. It's something you know at first... not something cultivated.

Sounds to me like he thinks of you as a friend, but doesn't want to hurt your feelings by saying nothing when you say "I love you".
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:54:28 AM
Well...let me just mention here that my "wife" cares deeply about me.
But we're getting divorced so who knows eh?

And you're already in love after being here less than two weeks?
Maybe the guy should be scared.
 Navigator6
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:00:42 AM
If you are not sleeping with him -- you’re stuck in the friend / almost lover zone
If you are sleeping with him -- you’re a friend with benefits.

I completely agree. It all depends on whether you're sleeping with him.

I have to say though, if you are sleeping with him, I just don't understand the inability to communicate feelings. Sounds like a BS cop out to me yet, there seems to be a never ending supply of women who put up with it. Why are women willing to commit the most intimate of acts with someone who they can't even get a straight answer from??

EDIT:
Wait a minute, I just read your profile. You're still married, advertising yourself as seeking men for LTR, and you have the nerve to come on an open forum and profess your love for some guy!?

You see, THIS is exactly why I will NEVER get involved with a separated woman. The logic behind their actions completely escapes me. Suddenly, the ridiculousness of the post makes total sense...

2nd EDIT:

I slept with him once.

And you're in love with him? What a mangled, tangled, and confusing web you weave.
So, why are you here? Do you think it's fair to ANY guy for you to advertise yourself as "available" (physically OR emotionally) on POF? Seriously, for the life of me, I don't understand your purpose or objective here.
 orchidgirl1
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:07:29 AM
I slept with him once.
 spew
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:09:21 AM
It probably means he would like u more if you weren't so MARRIED
 Write Time
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:27:16 AM
Sounds like he's just not ready to string together those three words yet. Could be he's scared. Could be he's shy. Could be that he just hasn't felt the spark yet. Whatever the case, no, it doesn't sound reciprocal, and you've got to decide what that means for you.
 orchidgirl1
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:40:03 AM
I am in the process of getting divorced. It takes a while, as you might know.
 orchidgirl1
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:58:27 AM
Navigator6, I am not asking you to comment on my private life or my profile. Many people lie on there anyway...At least, I don't.....
Thank you!
 Navigator6
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:04:27 PM
Navigator6, I am not asking you to comment on my private life or my profile. Many people lie on there anyway...At least, I don't.....
Thank you!

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. However, all of these "private" things are relative to the subject of your thread. You can't give limited, one sided information and expect to get quality input. Further, nothing I posted about was "private". I got all of my information from your PUBLIC profile.

I am in the process of getting divorced. It takes a while, as you might know.

I'm 45 minutes away from you in PA and my divorce took 3 months (consensual no-fault). The only way it would take longer (2 years) is if it was a non-consensual divorce. Meaning that one party doesn't want the divorce. If that's the way that yours is going and your husband is the one who doesn't want the divorce, that just adds more drama to the whole situation - drama that someone new is going to get dragged into.

Again, I have to wonder why you're on POF, looking for men, but professing your love and physical intimacy with one already? Lying by omission is still lying.

BTW: You do know that your forum posts are visible at the bottom of your profile, right?
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:06:48 PM

He also says that he has feelings for me but that he does not know what they are....
What do you think? Sounds like a he's just a friend, right?

You are asking for comment on your personal life.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does "I care deeply for you" mean?