Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women/girls prefer to be refered to as cute or sexy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Retrosoul
Msg: 1
Do women/girls prefer to be refered to as cute or sexy?Page 1 of 1    
Do women/girls prefer to be referred to as cute or sexy?
If a guy was to complement you which compliment would you prefer? Cute or Sexy?

I haven't posted in the forums before just curious to find out what you all think

Ok so this has to be 200 letters long so I must type some bs here! I like singing ladididadadadadadi doop doop ok that should be about 200 letters cos I'm not counting way to lazy for that.

Look forward to hearing from you

Happy Easter Eggs
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do women/girls prefer to be refered to as cute or sexy?
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:48:53 AM
My guess, is that a woman would prefer to be complimented honestly.
If you think they're cute, say so. If you think they're sexy, say so... but remember that such a comment can easily be taken the wrong way. You don't want them to think that you're just seeing them as a piece of meat.

If you tell a woman she's stunning, just make sure you mean it. Empty compliments, or false praise just to butter someone up is a bad move.

Be honest, be respectful... and you'll do fine.
 IlovePOF
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:56:47 AM
both are fine. We aren't allergic to the word cute like you guys are. But there are times when one is more appropriate than the other.

When we're dressed more casually, like to go for a walk, or out shopping/lunch etc, "you look cute" would be nice..

When we have clearly put some effort into looking extra-smoking hot, "you're looking sexy" is good.

The best part about a compliment is that it is sincere, so say what you're thinking when you think it. So if we come in from the garage covered in mud and grease, wearing baggy old pants, hair all messed up, and this is looking pretty good to you go ahead and tell us we look sexy!
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:59:05 AM
Hmmm...sometimes neither apply.
You can also be cute, but not sexy...and
You can be sexy, but not cute....and
You can be attractive, but not cute or sexy...etc.
 DosHermanas
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:01:11 AM
Most women/girls prefer to date a man who has a vocabulary with more than two adjectives to describe her.
 Retrosoul
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:05:00 AM
Ok I need to make a post, the choice of words is cute and sexy I am not talking about over elaborating I am not talking about trying to woo a woman and I am not looking for advice. I am talking about when you may be having a conversation and you begin to describe someone and you use either the words cute or sexy which of those words would a woman find more complementary? How would she prefer to be thought of?
 Lori922
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:06:41 AM
Every woman is different an will have a different opinion. I would prefer that you call me cute
 _Icon_
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:06:49 AM
I don't really CARE what other people think of me.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:07:25 AM
Be honest and genuine and dont worry if one woman likes to be called cute versus sexy. There are many more words to be used! Just use the words that really express your own thoughts.
 24DegreeAngel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:16:07 AM
sexy and cute are different.... so is beautiful, gorgeous and ravishing... each have their own particular moment that they are best used. Variety is always nice. Sometimes the very best complements are just WOW or that i'm-too-lost-for-words-because-there-is-no-blood-in-my-brain look.

I typically am a cute girl... and although I take being called cute as a positive, there are many days I'd rather be considered a sexy or stunning woman and not a cute girl.

If I wore a lacy red teddy to bed as a surprise and was told I was cute I'd be a bit hurt... because I'm cute when I put on fleecy PJs and put my hair up... and it is less effort and much more comfortable.... so why bother? If I was called sexy every day I'd probably wonder if you saw me as a whole person.... where as being called cute a lot I know a great deal of that is my attitude and personality mixed with my looks and is often more holistic when they call be adorable or cute.

OE - if you call me cute you'd be like everyone else... so it's not that special to hear it.... because of that I prefer sexy if those are the only options.
 GottaJustGetEachOther
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:21:34 AM
If we are just "hanging out" watching a movie, driving somewhere, joking around......cute would work great.

If we were dressing up or just cuz you really thought it at any point.....beautiful works

If we are heavily making, about to, having, just had sex then sexy works wonders.

Say what comes natural to you and how you really feel at that moment. If you mean it, you shouldn't be taken wrong. Well there are really messed up, picky people out there who have insecurity issues and no matter what you say, it will get twisted around.
 dunlsj26
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:22:16 AM
I actually just had this conversation with a guy friend. I really think it all depends on how well you know the woman and sometimes the setting. I personally dont like being called hot or sexy when it comes from someone I barely know. I think beautiful and gorgeous are more heart felt. I especially like beautiful because it is physical and internal.

However when you have been dating someone for awhile whispering you look sexy or hot whether dressed up or not can be very flattering, even a bit of a turn on.

As for cute, it's always nice and it always makes me smile. But can send more of a friend vibe .

Just thought I'd share, good luck!
 Retrosoul
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:25:35 AM
cool I'm getting some really interesting and intelligent responses, thank u. You are all very cute n sexy!
 SugarFreetea
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:29:38 AM
Neither, I am many things but most of all I am a woman %100 pure woman. I refuse to be pegeonholed in such terms as cuteness and sexiness!

Oops forgot to add the winky smilie :wink: the irony lost so quickly...

and it was my opinion OP just because you don't like it....

happy Easter to you too...x
 Retrosoul
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:32:20 AM
then why bother posting to this thread? leave your attitudes at the door it's just a simple question
 _Icon_
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:37:09 AM
You can post a stupid question on Ask A Girl, but you can't control who responds to it or how.

Learn that one simple lesson and your experience here will be that much more pleasant.

bklynrebel
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:39:56 AM
Just call me gorgeous.
 Abbicci
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:43:26 AM
I prefer smart, considerate or wicked funny.
 GottaJustGetEachOther
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:45:15 AM
I'm 100% woman and lady......I still love it when my SO calls me beautiful, sexy, cute.....it's a sign of affection, like a hug or kiss that can be whispered in someones ear instead of a public display of affection which I am sure you would be against as well. "rolls eyes"
 Retrosoul
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/13/2009 11:49:19 AM
I would never question the % of woman u are, thanks for your reply.
 tarantino_fan
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:01:25 PM
Why are you limiting it to just cute and sexy? Why not tell her she's beautiful, or amazing, or that she has the most gorgeous smile you've ever seen. Compliments are supposed to be honest, so tell her what you honestly think.
 *VanillaCupcake*
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:06:55 PM
Sexy is wrong unless you've either met her or know her. Unless you're referring to specifics.

Cute is for kittens.

Try pretending you're actually interested in her mind. *genius*
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women/girls prefer to be refered to as cute or sexy?