Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > TVs in bedrooms      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 1
TVs in bedroomsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Last night I had a handyman looking at painting my bedroom walls, and he said, "I don't think I've ever seen a bedroom without a TV in it." He was shocked--shocked I tell you! I have never had one, nor did my parents, in that particular room.

I guess I like my boudoir entertainment to be more old-fashioned.
Books. I meant books!

The burning question of the day: Do you have a TV set in your bedroom?
 pazoozoo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:36:51 PM
I have a tv in every room of my home including the baths. My poor late hubby would have felt completely deprived if he had missed a single second of any sporting event on television.
 yna6
Msg: 3
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:37:48 PM
Got one...never turned it on, or even plugged it in.
Used to have one back when I was single...got caught up in the news etc until I fell asleep....just "background noise" I guess.
Perfectly acceptable type of thing in North America...probably considered "decadant" elsewheres though.
 Ralleac
Msg: 4
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:45:28 PM

I have a small t.v., an Xbox 360, and a computer in my bedroom. I also have a lot of books in here, and a ferret.

In my old apartment I didn't have any electronics in the bedroom, but now that I live with a roommate I spend most of my time at home in my room. I'd be perfectly happy living by myself in a studio where everything is in one big room. I don't need a lot of space as long as I get the privacy.
 charminC
Msg: 5
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:11:44 PM
no tv but a simple 20 inch flat screen hooked up for movies only

weekends in my bed snuggling with the kids watching movies are golden
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 6
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:18:19 PM
Same here, teapot - I love sleeping with the TV on

sequoyah61
Msg: 7
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:21:02 PM
I'm with litltpot. I turn it on when I snuggle up in bed. It helps me fall asleep by overriding all those meanderings my mind is wont to do.

Sequoyah

P.S. And my dogs don't mind it at all!
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:46:01 PM
I'd never had a TV in my bedroom up until about 4 years ago when I found I could not sleep no matter how tired I was. I mean working 12 hours a day for 7 days a week for a couple of years straight, just could not go to sleep and I was exhausted! I bought this little TV because if I couldn't sleep I might as well watch something, funny thing is I found as soon as I started to watch a show, I fell fast asleep! Worked like a charm almost every time, and thank goodness for sleep timers so I didn't have to have the thing on all the time.

Now that I live with my kids, there are 4 TVs in the house but it's nice when they are here to be able to go to my room and watch it when I want. But I read myself to sleep much more often than I watch TV. Every once in a while I'll still do the sleep timer thing when I can't sleep, but reading usually puts me out, along with Melatonin.

I've heard all kinds of studies that said a TV in the bedroom causes sleep problems and relationship problems but not for me.
 Jim978
Msg: 9
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 3:00:08 PM
I have one in my bedroom. It isn't hooked up to anything but it's there. It resides in my RV during the summer months and I bring it in the house and put it in the bedroom for the winter just in case i happen to get the flu or something and I don't feel like getting out of bed for a few days.
 joanne1357
Msg: 10
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 3:58:35 PM
am probably the only one in my circle that does not; if I want to fall asleep to TV I sleep on the couch. However I enjoy reading in bed occasionally on those early summer evenings when the neighborhood is quiet; & the birds are singing
 Ezzee
Msg: 11
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 4:11:13 PM
I have a tv in my bedroom, in the office, the living room, and the laundry craft room. Most of the time I have it on for back ground noise, and/or to go to sleep.

Personally, I had always fallen asleep with the radio on, usually talk radio, but when I moved in with and married my wife, she used the tv to go to sleep, so now it has become habit for me too.
 Phalarope
Msg: 12
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 4:12:48 PM
This is one of my 'things'. I don't feel that the bedroom is a place to have a TV. The bedroom has a bed in it and it is made for two things that I'm aware of and watching the zombie tube isn't one of them for me. Never regarded watching it so highly that it was able to join me there.

I did store a television in my bedroom at one point if that counts?
 Sepia777
Msg: 13
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 5:27:24 PM
No Tv in the bedroom... just in the office and the living room..

I used to have one in the bedroom but it was too much temptation to keep me awake all nite flipping channels.. I get a better nite sleep without it.. and my bedroom feels more like a place of solace and sanctuary without the mindless channel surfing and distraction...
 Scream1212
Msg: 14
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 5:34:13 PM
Yup, I have one and wouldn't want to be without it. News in the morning while getting ready for work. News at night while getting ready for bed. That's about all the commercial TV I watch, but I like it for that. It has rabbit ears and therefore only gets 6 or 7 channels, so that limits the appeal of flipping all night.

Also have a DVD player hooked up to it, but it rarely gets used.
 MrTwistedPersonality
Msg: 15
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 5:44:07 PM
Gave up cable. I still have a TV, but it mostly for DVDs when I have time to watch movies. I use my computer more often/head over to my friend's place if I really need to watch anything (usually it is every Monday for Heroes). I used to have it in my bedroom back when I was living with my sister and both of us were in college 5-6 years ago (mostly because I "disturbed her sleep " when I watched TV in the living room with headphones).
 geeleebee
Msg: 16
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:37:44 PM
No.

No television in the bedroom.

Our guest room has a really nice TV.
Living room has a large-screen television.

After being married for 20 years to the guy who had to watch TV in the bedroom, I decided that if I had a 'do over', there would be other kinds of entertainment in the bedroom, and NO television.

I'm likin' it just fine.
 allthatglittersisnotgold
Msg: 17
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:29:43 PM
I have no t.v. in my bedroom. Tried it once but never used it so I watch the telly in the livingroom. My bedroom is peaceful and quiet when I am single.
 TheIrishKnight
Msg: 18
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:30:06 PM
I've had a tv in the bedroom since I was about 8 years old or so, although that one was a hand-me-down to the fourth power, barely worked. I have a 32" LCD TV in my room with all the bells and whistles.
 keenosaabi
Msg: 19
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:22:15 PM
i have a stereo in every room, i do have a TV in here with my computer and single bed. since "ER" is over i guess i can blow this one up. wally likes watching motorcycle racing in here as opposed to the family room with the surround sound and big screen, funny cat. no TV in the living room, just an 4' x 8' window that looks out onto the river and mountains.
 mynamesnotjesus
Msg: 20
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:37:41 PM

Do you have a TV set in your bedroom?

No. The funny thing is I grew up with a TV in my bedroom. But then I moved out. And every time I've moved I've done it myself. I'm lazy. So I only have the one living room TV because they are too damn heavy to constantly move.
No books in my bedroom. I have a separate room just for books.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 21
view profile
History
TVs
Posted: 4/16/2009 10:58:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are precious few places I can go these days without being assaulted by a bunch of a-holes trying to sell me their crap, so I am certainly not going to invite them into my bedroom.
 Vancer
Msg: 22
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 11:24:25 PM
I've had a tv in the bedroom since I was about 8 years old or so, although that one was a hand-me-down to the fourth power, barely worked. I have a 32" LCD TV in my room with all the bells and whistles.

I've had a hand-me-down tv in my bedroom since I was about that age too.
And guess what size and type of tv I just bought for my room this january.
Plus if your first name is Sean, then I am your namesake too.
*twilight zone music*
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/16/2009 11:34:19 PM

No... No I don't... I live alone in what may aptly be described as a lair, with eight compartments commonly called rooms - bed, bath, living, dining, etc. - and no television set is to be found in any one of them...

And I extend my deepest and most heartfelt gratitude to all of you who watch TV so that I don't have to...
 RtRtowers
Msg: 24
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/17/2009 1:38:52 AM
Bought a small house a couple of years back and for the first time since I was a kid, no TV in the bedroom. I don't miss it at all and I think I get a better night's sleep (as I type on a computer keyboard at 4:30 am ... )

As prices go down I've considered a small, wall-mounted LCD type but why mess with a good thing?
 StillUnraveling
Msg: 25
TVs in bedrooms
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:43:10 AM

On the radio this morning a woman called in - her 12-year-old son has a 42-inch flat screen in his bedroom! He saved money and bought it himself. And they LET him!

So do I - more power to a 12 year old saving up money to buy his own tv! Why not?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > TVs in bedrooms