Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vicblister
Msg: 1
no kidsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Are there any adults out there that don't have or want or care about hearing about kids? I can't seem to find any logical people out there that don't believe in procreation or overpopulating the Earth. I'd really like to find a group of people to talk to where kids are of no part of their lifestyles. I can't stand it anymore!
 oddandy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 7:30:35 PM
I intend to remain child-free.
 Byrd
Msg: 3
view profile
History
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:33:44 PM
I never gave birth to children...I had a whale once though I sort of adopted did the foster thing..I don't think I was mean't to be a father we have enough serial killers in the world now..At least that's what Mamma says....
 AdvanceMan
Msg: 4
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:46:33 PM
Makes no difference to me either way. Whatever happens happens. I don't think it's something you can really plan for, unless you get a vasectomy or your tubes tied.
 Ezzee
Msg: 5
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:54:41 PM
Hey, if's your choice to repopulate or not. Personally, I plan to have at least two kids, enough to replace myself and my wife. Is it possible we will have three? No clue. Not planning that far out.

You know, I do subscribe to a great theory though about how to control over-population. It's real simple. Increase the death rate.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 6
view profile
History
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:54:53 PM
Get yourself "fixed."
Start estate planning now. Prepay your funeral and burial costs, because without kids, you can't be sure who will take the responsibility. Let prospective SOs know that all your money will go to your dogs (or wherever you plan to send it), to avoid being taken advantage of.
Get used to being alone? Try not to become too isolated?
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 7
view profile
History
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:02:46 PM
Not me. I need someone to take care of me in my old age.
 Vancer
Msg: 8
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:30:34 PM
I'm not going to have children.
But that doesn't mean I'd prefer to avoid being around them.
Children are a blast. I just am not responsible enough to be anything more than a peer to them.

*Earth's children gather around Vancer and sing/dance/cheer*

Weeeee!
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 9
view profile
History
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:40:20 PM
I can't seem to find any logical people out there that don't believe in procreation or overpopulating the Earth.

OP -- I think you need a reality check and quick. I also think you should take the edge off your level of smarm.

So by your definition, those that want kids are now deemed "illogical" and destined to "overpopulate the Earth"...said in such a way that we all have some agenda to accomplish just that end?

Wow. Just...wow.

You have a right to an opinion, but to cast such a huge stone of ignorance and unjustified blather makes you seem weak at best. Even implying or insinuating that those that don't want kids are somehow the "logical" ones among us is just...pathetic at the highest level.

Maybe next time before you blurt, take a moment to run a thought through your "logical" head and think before you type.

Just sayin'...................................................

Some people's kids...unreal.
 Concertina
Msg: 10
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 10:34:18 PM
I'm completely against having children. I've thought about it in depth, and in my mind it's a selfish thing to do. As you mentioned, the world is overpopulated. If you care so much to have a child, adopt one. This whole fascination with, "I want my child to have my genes" is extremely egocentric.
 rune3
Msg: 11
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 10:42:41 PM
I don't plan to have children. Five reasons off the top of my head:
1) Overpopulation (environment)
2) Pregnancy (does not look fun)
3) Childbirth (looks like hell)
4) Babies (don't like 'em: too noisy)
5) Responsibility (it doesn't get heavier than this)

The main reason is (1).

The responsibility thing probably implies I am irresponsible, but it's more a case of being over-responsible. I see the responsibility for new life as being something immense that I know that I, being human, would fail at constantly (because to be human is to fail constantly) and it's more devastating to fail in some ways than in others.

I have always held these views, since I learned how life could be created. I have never heard anyone say they want their own biological kids because .... and that reason not be a selfish reason: it is always about what they want. I know it's the genetic imperative but I think the more people who look at the current state of the world and the damage caused by there being too many people living unsustainable lives... the better.

However... if I became pregnant due to contraceptive failures, I doubt I would be able to consider abortion as an option: I'd feel wrong about it, though I can't exactly explain why: in general terms I don't think it's morally wrong, I just think I'd feel it to be a wrong thing for me to do.

I think that men who are 100% against ever having children are on dangerous ground unless they never have sex. It has even been the case that 2 sterilised people can get together and end up with a baby. I find it amazing how few people writing on the forums seem concerned about pregnancy when they have sex -- just assuming that contraception is 100% or that abortion will be seen as an acceptable option by every woman-? Maybe just not thinking in terms of possible consequences -?

One day, my partner and I might foster or even adopt. We've talked about it several times and I have always liked the idea but would not have considered it whilst I was on my own. Is it something you ever feel truly ready for? I suspect not. Like I said: a very heavy responsibility and the people who don't see it as such scare me.
 Selima
Msg: 12
no kids
Posted: 4/17/2009 10:53:35 PM
I agree that the world is over populated and the decision to not have biological children is an intelligent, thoughtful decision. However, that doesn't mean having children is illogical or unethical. All of my married friends have children, but they have small families. I like the idea of a couple having only one or two children. I also very much like the idea of a couple adopting as a choice, either in addition to the one or two kids you have biologically, or as an alternative. Where I now live, Austria, they have minus population growth. This is the circumstance in several European countries. It appears, given data, that education has a lot to do with population growth: the countries with a higher degree of literacy have a lower population growth. It is in the poor countries and 3rd world countries especially where people continue to have large families; they also happen to be countries with a lower literacy rate.

The world is overpopulated. I don't think people should stop having children, but I think it would be good for more people to be educated about the need to limit famiy size. In the end, a smaller family not only helps control the overall population, it leads to a better quality life for the family. Parents with two children can spend more money and time on each of those two kids as opposed to having 3 or 4 or more kids to deal with.
 serenityCW
Msg: 13
view profile
History
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:23:35 AM
i don't believe in overpopulation either, but i do love kids, especially 12 and up. at age five, i made the decision to adopt. it seemed "illogical" to me, at that young age, to have more children when there were so many w/o parents. i didn't see it as "mine" or "yours". i had no need to pass on genes, just what i thought was my brains. i believed every child had potential and i just needed to feed some knowledge and love into them. 45 years later, i adopted my teens. i had considered giving birth also at a younger age with my first husband, but then got divorced. it was not a major issue for me to not give birth. just at that time, i couldn't see having kids on my own. now, i know that was a false assumption on my part. i could have adopted and gotten child care assistance.

i do undertand the feeling to create one's own, because it was recently explained to me. i guess being an only child, non birth friendships substituted for family, so why not extend that concept to parenting? and i just didn't have the physical need to be pregnant. although, i often felt the wanting to be made pregnant by my ex. it was more of a sexual thing, however, than a motherly thing.

i supposed i would be bored with moms sitting around and talking about babies. perhaps that is what's getting to you. i have a grandson now who is cute as a button. but, i'm glad it's my who's daughter doing all the baby work. teens, on the other hand, are interesting to me.

just wondering, what do you like to talk about? by your profile, you seem to be down about a lot of stuff, not just kids. are you having the 40's blues about thinking your child rearing days will soon be menapaused away or that your close friends are in relationships and with kids? i've always had a mix of friends and i enjoyed the full range of stories from all their walks of life.
 NoBushLover
Msg: 14
view profile
History
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 7:15:20 AM
There's no future in not believing in procreation
 Golfer38
Msg: 15
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 7:55:38 AM
Maybe find the Christian Science Reading room or the Computer Math Club as I would be willing to bet people in those places have never been laid, so no chance of kids being in those conversations! Having one or two kids isn't overpopulating the Earth. haing kids is a rewarding lifelong experience, I am sorry to hear that you are not into it.
 toyoux
Msg: 16
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 8:16:26 AM
Vancer, msg. 8: Amusing response..........thanks for the giggle!!

I'm not responsible enough to be the one "in charge" either. We'd be up all night drinking coffee and eating fruit roll-ups.
 RainbowValley
Msg: 17
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 10:45:56 AM
I have no kids, i'm 44 and probably won't meet a woman around my age who wants them so i'm 90% resigned to never having any. You never know though,some young lassie might take pity on me.
 StillUnraveling
Msg: 18
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 10:48:56 AM
Child-free here but not prejudiced against those that choose to have kids. To say somoene is "illgical" is a very judgemental statement. What other people do is none of your business. I have been told "what is wrong with me that I don't want kids" another judgemental statement as well.
 Snapington
Msg: 19
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 10:55:35 AM
No breeders please too much drama dating a mama. I have avoided this aspect of human life by practice and some finger crossing at times. There are enough kids in the world with me helping. I like only worrying about my own lack of responsibility and it affects me only.
 soisaid
Msg: 20
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 11:24:03 AM
OP Maybe the reason you can't find any "logical people out there that don't believe in procreation or overpopulating the Earth" is because that is NOT logical!
There are a small percentage of people who do not want to or can not have children and that is there life, but to say that those of us who want to have and raise children are illogical, is pretty much over the top, especially if you consider the ramifications if we all just stopped having kids!
And there is a big difference between having two kids which equals zero population growth, (or at least our little bit of contribution to it) and overpopulation! sheesh we are not all octo moms!

Something else i find sort of illogical in stand is that you have two dogs! ( well pictured with two dogs,, ) according to the following, YOU helping to overpopulate the world with dogs!

From Wiki Answers.com

What is the dog population size in the world?

there are 3000 dogs born every hour 2000 cats and 45 humans
 shipoker58
Msg: 21
no kids
Posted: 4/18/2009 11:57:13 AM
well, I only have sex with a condom, I had a vasctomy in 1976 and I am an old fart. So no kids for me, now. And I wouldn't entertain dating someone with kids around all the time.

...JMO
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 22
view profile
History
no kids for you
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:43:51 PM
I agree that overpopulation is a problem in places like Africa, where starvation and very high early childhood mortality rates are the norm, but the United States isn't overpopulated, not even close. Europe isn't overpopulated, either, nor are most industrialized cultures.

I think that having more than two children per couple may be a problem in some densely populated areas; in those parts of the world, a universal program of birth control would help, but those institutions that could be of the most influence promoting birth control are the same ones that oppose such methods as abortion- that is, right-wing idealogues and fundamentalist religious groups. China has a law that each couple is allowed only one child, and that measure has been successful there in limiting population growth, but very unpopular elsewhere, because it's considered to be too authoritarian.
 Integra1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
no kids for you
Posted: 4/18/2009 4:29:28 PM
I don't have kids and it's fine with me. I know some kids I like but I have to say that, overall, as a group, I find parents to be some of the most inconsiderate and socially clueless people going. It's like they expect the world to celebrate the delight that is their personal offspring.

Last night, I was buying a DVD at the store and the woman standing behind me had a kid. While I was dealing with my debit card at the cash, the kid was literally reaching around me to get to candy and other DVDs. The mother did nothing. I finally told the kid to back off and wait her turn. I thought the mother was going to swallow her tongue.

Today, I was out walking my dogs on a river path and there was a family there who had just left bikes, scooters, strollers and other kid related crap strewn all over the path while they went down to the river. If my hands weren't full of leashes, I would have moved all of the crap into the bush.

I don't mind well behaved kids but I wish parents would keep them under control and out of other people's space unless it's obvious that the person in question wants to meet and interact with their kid.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 24
view profile
History
no kids for you
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:03:28 PM
^^^^That's two sets of inconsiderate parents out of a world population of over 6 billion. Hardly enough evidence to convict and condemn the rest of us.
 pinciperro
Msg: 25
no kids for you
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:33:01 PM
AWWW come on guys!
I chose to have two children and I have loved every age that my god has allowed me with them. What an experience and I never knew how much love I was capable of giving.
If you all choose not to have kids, that is your choice.
But, please do not bash those of us who cannot imagine our lives without them.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > no kids