Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > We should ALL admire George Bush      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheOnlyMan
Msg: 1
We should ALL admire George Bush Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Everyone hates Bush, but actually he is a role model to everyone.

It shows that anyone can become president and become successful regardless of skills, but with the right persuasive and speech skills.

I truly admire Bush, it is indeed a miracle that he stayed in office for 8 years. Obama elected president, big deal, it had to happen someday, but Bush it truly a miracle.

Don't you agree?
 red_relaxed
Msg: 2
We should ALL admire George Bush
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:51:25 AM

It shows that anyone can become president and become successful regardless of skills

I agree with this statement, completely.
 daynadaze
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:56:52 AM
Well not anyone, you have to have a Daddy that is paying your way in.
 redneck176
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:02:14 AM
Oh, but I think what we have here is more than just a miracle. Bush makes it happen for 8 years, followed up by who? Obama? Most Americans had never even heard of the guy. Before all that it was the Clintons, and before that it was Bush and before that.......This way Dems and Reps can point fingers for all eternity. What a joke. In America we all get a vote but for some reason I think it never ends up how we would have liked it. Every election we can just pray that the chosen one doesn't destroy what so many have worked so hard for.
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:39:34 AM
First off, not everyone hates Bush. I don't

I may not have agreed with everything he did, but he stood in there taking hits and stood his ground in what he believed in.

I sort of think that if you want to knock Bush, just knock him, why hide behind these words?

It shows that anyone can become president and become successful regardless of skills, but with the right persuasive and speech skills.

I truly admire Bush, it is indeed a miracle that he stayed in office for 8 years. Obama elected president, big deal, it had to happen someday, but Bush it truly a miracle.

I'm not a big Obama fan, and I will likewise voice what I don't agree with, with his policies. But I don't hate him, and only wish he would reconsider some of his ideas.
 misshoney1981
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/18/2009 2:53:32 AM
Definitely not!!!!!! The man is evil in it's highest form.

Obama, I'm skeptical about, he's just blowing a lot of hot air right now. Some of his policies I agree with some I don't. Will have to see what happens.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 3:57:09 AM

It shows that anyone can become president and become successful regardless of skills

I might buy into that if he didn't come from a financially well to do & politically connected family whose dad was president and grandfather a senator.
 Von Erik
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/18/2009 8:18:52 AM

The man is evil in it's highest form.

LOL... Actually he's a really nice guy. I met him once when he was running for governor here.
Where he screwed up was choosing****Cheney as VP and not keeping him on a tighter leash... He let Cheney influence him too much.
And his religious convictions influenced his policies a little too much... combined with his lack of knowledge on middle east history... I cringed every time I heard him use the word "crusade"... That little slip didn't help us one bit... I imagine every time he said it another thousand jihadist signed up...

Hillary on the other hand... THERE'S some evil incarnate! I hope they are keeping her and Cheney away from each other. If those two were in the same room I fear the weight of that much concentrated evil in one area could tilt the earth on it's axis...

Obama... the best move he's made so far is keeping Jumpin Joe gagged and out of sight...
 NoBushLover
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 9:13:52 AM

LOL... Actually he's a really nice guy

And he tells a great 9/11 joke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cKdVXwUoq4
 toyoux
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/18/2009 9:28:35 AM
NoBushLover: I am SO embarrassed to only JUST realize your screen name probably does NOT mean what I've always thought it did.......................good grief! I've been on this site too long...........my reasoning skills are gone!
 nadesico85
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/18/2009 10:54:57 AM

Don't you agree?

I'd be more inclined to say that the reason he got into office the first time was because a) his campaign managers, and b) the recount incident.

For the second time, I'd say a) again campaign managers, b) Kerry's ineptitude with campaigning (still can't believe he barely did anything about the Swift Boat ads), and c) bin Laden's message that aired like a couple of weeks or something before election day.

If I remember correctly, Kerry was actually ahead in the polls before that message came out.
 shipoker58
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/18/2009 11:37:41 AM

Don't you agree?

dOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION???
 xzanthius
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/18/2009 11:41:10 AM
Personally admire some of his qualities, yes.

Personally grieve for many of his actions, yes.

Personally abhor many aspects of his and especially his staff's world views, yes.
 *Starstuff*
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:22:28 PM

but with the right persuasive and speech skills.

Huh? Did he have speech skills?
 jed456
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 6:52:22 PM

He is not my role model!

Speech skill's?

Bush often claimed to talk to god so yes indeed it is a "miracle" H e was elected twice.

Don't you agree?

Not at all I believe Bush will go down as one of the most incompetent President's in our nation's history.

Bush quotes
"We both use Colgate toothpaste." —after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." —at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001
"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson, as quoted by Robertson

"Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"It is white." —after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." —at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

"I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army." —during a Dec. 2002 Oval Office meeting with Rep. Tom Lantos, as reported by the New York Times

"I'm the master of low expectations." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

14. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004
 mompooh229
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/18/2009 7:12:48 PM
I don't admire bush at all because he was protraying that he was trying to get America back calm after 9/11, but it didn't because their were always showing the videos of bin laden threatning to blow stuff up. Why even air something like that. It only make us more scared because we didn't know what was next.
 jazmella
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/18/2009 7:20:51 PM
That was great! And very true, now that I think about it a bit more! ;-)

And as much as I dislike the guy, I love his "Bushisms" (look it up on YouTube). Always makes me chuckle!
 AdvanceMan
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/18/2009 9:07:13 PM
"Fool me once, shame on.... you.... Fool me twice..... Well the point is I can't get fooled again."

-George W. Bush
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 12:54:16 AM
Everyone hates Bush

No... Everyone does not hate Bush...

he is a role model to everyone.

Negative... We, as individuals, are free to choose our role models - they are not assigned to us...

It shows that anyone can become president

OK, I'm gonna leave that one alone; but I invite you to seriously think about it...

I truly admire Bush

Why?... There is absolutely nothing even remotely extraordinary or remarkable about him... Black sheep of the family... Failed business ventures... Shirked his military commitment... Just an ordinary average guy who, through circumstances of birth and privilege, was thrust into an office for which he had neither the qualifications nor modicum of intelligence required to even fake it properly...

This prodigal son never willingly returned home to seek forgiveness... Little Bush was reeled in long ago and forced to straighten up so as not to become a highly visible embarrassment to George Herbert Walker...

Jeez, kid... Why sell yourself short?... Even your friggin' High School Principal must've been a better role model than George Jr. could ever hope to be...
 shaneOgreen26
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/19/2009 1:04:27 AM

I truly admire Bush

You obviouslly didnt service under Bush's command. Send you to a hostile war zone, then after some time tell you not to return fire but retreat. Only to have unmotitvated Iraqi sercurity force's subdue the problem!!!
 shaneOgreen26
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/19/2009 1:08:48 AM
I forgot to add While retreating and unable to return fire your getting your ass blown off!!!!
 johnconiston
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 3:41:58 AM
George W BUSH or his dad?
GwB- Became president if i recall when the vote counting was suspiciously vague in Florida- where his brother was Governor?
but when he got voted in for his second term- the opinion throughout Europe was incredulous. "how could they vote for him!!?"
George Senior stopped short of removing Saddam in the first Gulf war -because he knew that Saddam kept the lid on the powder keg of different factions in IRaq.
George W got us all in to a conflict that his dad and advisors were clever enough to avoid. ( and how many americans, British and other nationalities have paid the ultimate price for this)
George w showed himself to be inaffectual when dealing with Hurricane Katriona.
George W revealed his motives of cash over the long term health of americans with the Oil lobby over the overwhelming body of evidence for a cleaner environment.
so we should all admire George Bush- perhaps his survival instinct since anyone this stupid usually requires the use of an Iron Lung!
 johnconiston
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 3:50:24 AM

Obama, I'm skeptical about, he's just blowing a lot of hot air right now. Some of his policies I agree with some I don't. Will have to see what happens. .

He makes the right noises and seems to have good intent. I think its good to remain sceptical about our elected leaders and remind them that we are ever-present to challenge them when they don't deliver.
One thing over here In Great Britain- George W did the USA a great deal of damage to the Image of the USA- for his arrogance/ignorance.
Obama has repaired the reputation in less than 100 days.
We hope he delivers what he promises.
 Funcuz
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 4:37:32 AM
^That's unlikely.

The British either consider Americans ignorant and arrogant or they don't. Just because Obama has been elected doesn't actually change anything by itself and frankly , I'm not sure that people realize what they're buying into if they give Barack a blank cheque. I support Obama actually but only because he's the lesser of two evils. The point though is that Obama is just a face as Bush was just a face. No matter how much power the U.S. president wields , it's always subject to the whims of special interests whether they be labour unions and feminists or oil barons and preachers. Either way , half the people (on average) are happy while the other half are hunkering down for four years of what they figure will be lunacy. Nobody really wins , least of all the average voter.

Bush probably is a pretty nice guy. Despite his butchery of English and any other language unfortunate enough to pass through his lips , he's probably not that stupid either. He's not a diplomat , orator , or particularly adept at critical thinking. He's also not the first U.S. president to exhibit these character flaws nor is he the first to launch wars that probably didn't need to be launched. Meh...whatever. He won't turn out to be the last either.

The "hatred" of Bush is mostly just part of the political ideology and dogma that's built up for the past eight years or so. He'll go down in history as one of the worst ( and perhaps he deserves this spot) but then , perhaps he wasn't really that bad. I dunno...he really didn't do anything all that out of the ordinary as U.S. presidents go.
 r90sboxer
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 8:09:51 AM
Definitely not!!!!!! The man is evil in it's highest form.

Obama, I'm skeptical about, he's just blowing a lot of hot air right now. Some of his policies I agree with some I don't. Will have to see what happens.

Let's see....one is "evil in it's highest form" and the other is.....well.......we'll just leave it at "Obama".

More than 2/3rds of your life has been a Bush or a Clinton,and all of your politically active life has been the recent Bush/Clinton.You've only had one other President,Reagan,in your life.

Who or what could have been an acceptable choice in between?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > We should ALL admire George Bush