Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When a woman says "We'll have to get together again soon"..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Highlander1976
Msg: 1
view profile
History
When a woman says "We'll have to get together again soon"..Page 1 of 1    
..does she really mean don't call me, I'll call you? I am sooooo new to dating again it is confusing. I had a date with someone I met here and I don't want to seem pushing by calling too soon. Should I assume since she gave her number she is interested and she is serious about getting together again soon, or is that just a polite way of saying she isn't interested? If it means she is interested, what is soon, the next week, 2-weeks? I'd like to go out again as soon as possible as I really liked her, but am afraid by asking I will chase her off. I just have a hard time knowing when a woman is just being polite, or is really interested.
 Abbicci
Msg: 2
view profile
History
When a woman says We'll have to get together again soon..
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:36:44 PM
Oh, for the love of BOB!
Do not make simple things complicated.

Call her. If she answers ask her on a second date.
If she doesn't answer leave a message about wanting to schedule another date. If she returns your call she is interested. If she doesn't return your call she is not interested.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:37:09 PM
Call her, tell her you had a great time and would like to see her again. Try to find out when she's free for another date. Then if she blows you off, or doesn't respond well, you'll know she's not interested.

But if you don't make a move someone else will. If you like someone let them know. Worse they can do is turn you down and not be interested...but then you won't be wasting time worrying and wondering.
 Lori922
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:38:32 PM
Well, if it were me....

If I gave you my number and said we should get together again soon it would mean that you should call me b/c I want to get together again SOON.

Soon...like probably this up coming weekend.
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:40:53 PM
Dear lord OP - you're going to give yourself a coronary over thinking this. She gave you her number, if you're interested, call her. If you don't call her, she'll probably think that you're not interested and move on to someone who actually shows interest by calling her.

Also, communication is mostly body language. You were there so you should know more than us what her body language was saying. Either way, if you're interested, call her and you'll know for sure.
 _GeekyGirl_
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:21:47 PM

If I gave you my number and said we should get together again soon it would mean that you should call me b/c I want to get together again SOON. Soon...like probably this up coming weekend.

Yep yep yep. Me too.
 SingleTorontonian
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:24:58 PM
means she enjoyed spending time with you and is hinting for you to call her to make plans to get together soon again!!!
 Highlander1976
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:54:04 PM
Here is the complete scenario;

She saw my profile on-line and contacted me.
We chatted for a while, then she gave me her number.
We setup a date, and I had a great time and I think she did too, at least she said she did.
I received E-mail from her the next morning making sure I made it home safely, she said she had fun. Thanked me for a good night and said we'll have to get together soon.

I am so use to rejection I guess I am blind to the obvious, or just don't want to get hurt again. I will call her tomorrow..
 tator tot
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/20/2009 6:04:21 PM
OMG OP...she emailed you the next morning to make sure you got home ok..you have her number....do you need a operators manual? CALL HER and ask her out again!good grief charlie brown!
 Lori922
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/20/2009 6:05:14 PM
I sure hope you replied to that email...and when you did you should have asked her when she wanted to go out again.
 footballmom77
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 6:29:10 PM
If I say that to a guy, I mean it. Dont think too hard about it there bud.

artist_48
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/20/2009 6:34:10 PM
it's really not complicated. take it at face value. she said we'll have to get together again soon, and i would take it for what she told you.
as far as how soon do you contact her? go with what you want to do. i feel that so many people over think this issue. i like it when i have a date and he calls the next morning and tells me that he really enjoyed it, and also let me know that they would like to call again soon/ go out again soon. clarity. not over thinking. communicating openly and honestly.
i think when people have interest, they should not withhold it- they should show it.

i think if you wait a week or two to call that she may move on/ may wonder what your motives are, etc.
 SueCat51
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:58:54 PM
Gosh - that sounds similar to when a man says "I'll call you". We women never know if a man will call us back or not. OP - if you're really interested in this woman, don't let more than 3 days go by without calling her. I have a 3 day rule - if he doesn't call me, I take it that he's not interested and I move on.
 crazy4mars
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:57:15 PM
Geesh...did you fall off that horse and hit your head?

she e-mailed you...the next day
showed her concern for your safety
thanked you
wants to get together again

Do we need to send you back to dating 101?
Ya better call her...or that little fishy will swim away...
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 6:33:11 AM
When a man wants to see a woman again he needs to call her right away.

Don't waste time trying to figure out if she likes you or not or worrying about chasing her away. CALL HER and do it NOW! Ask her out to a nice restaurant.The worst thing that can happen is she says no.
 bklynrebel
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/21/2009 6:38:57 AM
Don't look for hidden meanings that may not be there. Take her at her word and give her call, if you want to see her, ask her for another date. Keep it simple.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 7:37:46 AM
By her saying "we will have to get together soon" is her telling you to call her and ask her out.

Women are complicated for sure, and there really should be an owners manual for them, but since us guys dont read dirrections, it wouldnt make a difference anyways.
 Highlander1976
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 7:47:18 AM
The latest problem is I have written twice with no replies. No I haven't called her, bu tI plan to tonight. Based on the lack of replies and her reaction when I call I should be able to put all the pieces together. And yes, I need to go back to dating 101...
 stopn2sayhi
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/22/2009 9:04:14 AM
I went out with this man in February. He told me the same thing- exactly the same thing! Guess what? Never heard from him again.

Thank god I didn't hold my breath.

The word 'soon' is questionable too. Someone who really digs you will want to see you sooner than soon. Soon is when they have nothing else to do and want to kill time, so maybe they'll spend it with you.

OR

Maybe she didn't want to seem eager.

The absent reply doesn't sound good though.
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/22/2009 9:23:26 AM
OP -I'd say that you probably lost momentum. The lady e-mailed you the next morning, you talked on the phone - all seemed and she wanted to see you again soon. Instead of calling and asking her out, you're over analyzing what she means. I'm curious as to how much time went by. I think 'connections' are very fragile at the beginning. It takes actions to maintain them.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When a woman says "We'll have to get together again soon"..