Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Piercings and Tattoo's!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wspeed
Msg: 1
Piercings and Tattoo's!Page 1 of 1    
Ok, well I jsut thought Id spice up this forum with some other kinds of questions...

#1: Do you ladies think tattoo's/piercing's make a guy less attractive or more attractive?

Since this is such a braod question...

#2: What is overkill on tattoo's and what is overkill on piercings?

#3: What do you think about male genital piercings? Not specifically a PA, there are many other kinds....

hmm....anybody have any questions to add to this?
 stopn2sayhi
Msg: 2
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:28:06 PM
Depends on the woman. I don't like them. I can tolerate a couple of smaller ones, or just one.

Tattoos seem to be like a brand of potato chip. People can't seem to have just one. Tattoo junkies are not attractive- at least from my point of view.

My view on piercings are exactly the same.

Genital piercings? Even worse.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:32:00 PM
I havent had too many complaints from the "Welcome to Chattanooga Tennessee, have a nice day, and please come again" that is tatto'ed on my un mentionable.
 cb994266
Msg: 4
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:35:38 PM
Definitely unattractive.

In the whole of my life, I have only seen 2 tattoos that I thought added to the person's appearance instead of detracting from it. Tasteful ladies' earrings are fine, but more than one hole per ear tends to look a bit trashy to me; giant, stretched holes or holes elsewhere on the body are just icky and a huge turn-off.

PS: It's only "tattoo's" if you are talking about something that belongs to a tattoo, as in "the tattoo's ink." If you are talking about more than one tattoo, the correct word is "tattoos."
 wspeed
Msg: 5
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:59:59 PM
hahaha, thats hilarious man.
but i bet they had to put it in really small font to fit it all on there, lol.
 Concertina
Msg: 6
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:02:38 PM
I detest piercings. Most of the time I like tattoos.
 RushLuv
Msg: 7
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:02:43 PM
Not into tatts. I find an awful lot of body ink, to be highly unattractive. The same can be said, for people with too many piercings.

Neither doesn't make anybody more attractive, rather male, or female.

Too many people become obsessed over tatts, and piercings, and end up over doing it.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 8
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:04:53 PM
I"m not into tatoos myself. I've dated guys who had them....nothing major, just one or two...but when it gets excessive, say a sleeve...it really isn't that attractive. My daughter got a few when she turned 18 and I think they're tacky myself.

as for piercings on a guy, maybe one or two earrings and that's enough. The rest are unattractive...
 Cogie36
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:13:42 PM
If a man has a tattoo or two that isnt overkill and it can be covered up then I really dont care.......but guys that are covered with them......I'm definitely not into that...

and piercings on a man.....definitely NO!.....
 Gladys Friday
Msg: 10
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:00:35 PM
I love tats ha ha ha. If I were younger I would have sleeves & all. I think they look great!
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 11
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:33:52 PM
I don't a few discreet tattoos. I don't find it attractive when someone is so covered in them that you can't even see their skin. With piercings, 1 earing is just about all I can handle on a guy. If he happened to be the man of my dreams, maybe I couldn't a couple, lol, but piercings everywhere like lips, tongue, nose, genital areas - that's a bit much for me. I don't find it attractive.
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 12
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:36:06 PM
I think it depends on a lot of thing. I've dated guys with a lot of tattoos and it looked good on them, I've dated guys with just a few tattoos that didn't suit them.
 MzKristin
Msg: 13
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:40:24 PM
I LIKE THEM! if your cover head to toe its not cute, i guess it depend on the art too. I dont mind a few piercings but i think you have to be able to cover them so the girl has that option to introduce you to grandma with out her having a heartattack! lol
 bklynrebel
Msg: 14
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 7:56:20 PM
I prefer virgin skin.
 featherleather
Msg: 15
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:00:42 PM
I'm not a fan of piercings on the male species, although I can handle one small one in one ear. As for tattoos though....I like those much better. Not excessive, as in whole arms, or backs...or more. I myself have 4 and plan on getting one more, ok maybe 2. But they are all small sized and not easily seen and very personal to me. :)
 CutiepieHoneybunch
Msg: 16
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:03:18 PM
I'm scared of penile piercings. Seems like the worst idea ever. Why????

Tattoos are kind of a turnoff. My politics are very liberal but my personal life is pretty conservative.

But there are even dating sites for tatted up folks... if POF doesn't yield the gals you're looking for.
 tarantino_fan
Msg: 17
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:05:04 PM
#1- It depends... if the guy seems like a creeper then it makes him even less appealing, but if he seems like a bad boy... more appealing. Sometimes it's cool though if he's just a regular guy with either one, or both.

#2- I have had 12 piercings at one time. I think over kill is more than 2 in your face if you're a guy, and more then 4 total in your ears. (I don't think nose rings on a guy are sexy, neither are tragus piercings.) (Unless of course you're Brent Smith... then it's ok.)

Tattoos.... I don't want to date 'the lizzard man' he's gone too far IMO. But I understand how addicting it is, and why people rock full sleeves and chest/back pieces.

#3- Ew. Genital piercings increase chances of infections and STD's. No thanks, i'll pass.
 bsromo23
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:02:48 PM
why do tattoos even matter anyways? i've noticed while being on here that damn near every girl is looking for a guy with tattoos, which makes it harder for guys like me who don't have tattoos to even get your attention.
 UnexpectedError
Msg: 19
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:12:29 PM

why do tattoos even matter anyways? i've noticed while being on here that damn near every girl is looking for a guy with tattoos, which makes it harder for guys like me who don't have tattoos to even get your attention.

That's the internet demographic for you. For whatever reason, it draws out a disproportionally large number of individuals with... err... I guess I'll call them "fringe" preferences. Social norms tend to be reversed online, from what I've seen. Don't worry; anyone that would turn you down for not having a tattoo isn't what you're looking for anyway, right?
 cb994266
Msg: 20
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:29:59 PM
i've noticed while being on here that damn near every girl is looking for a guy with tattoos, which makes it harder for guys like me who don't have tattoos to even get your attention.

Where is it that are you getting this impression? The ladies on this thread voted 2 to 1 against visible tattoos (8 say turn-off, 4 say attractive.) I find it quite difficult to believe (as in, I don't believe it for a minute) that you have actually been turned down by a woman who said, "You know, you seem just like the kind of guy I am looking for. But since you don't have a permanent billboard scarred into your body, I am afraid our love can never be." Oh puh-leeze.
 talista
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Piercings and Tattoo's!
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:41:08 PM
I don't like them that much because usually they are trends. For example the celtic armbands or handlebar on the low back. No offense to people who have them. But these are just passing trends. I know people who get addicted to the needle too and it is very unattractive when they get covered in ink. Just my personal opinion.

I suppose it takes away from the appearance of the skin.

I actually get repulsed by a man's torso rather than turned on when I see tattoos. I have dated a couple of men and have had a couple of experiences where I didn't know they had tattoos until the first time they took off their shirt and I just wanted to walk away because it was such a nauseating feeling.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Piercings and Tattoo's!