Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do older women attract more younger men then men their own age?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nb_native
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do older women attract more younger men then men their own age?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I have been wondering this since I became single 5 yrs ago. Not that I am complaining.. because alot of the younger men that have hit on me or that I have gone out with were HOT lol. But sometimes I prefer a guy my age for common discussion and conversation.

Is there a reason why you younger men like us so much?
 skarsten
Msg: 2
Why do older women attract more younger men then men their own age?
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:33:19 PM
When I was stumbling through my teens and early '20s, the women my age were all either A) shallow, immature idiots or B) convinced all men their age were shallow, immature idiots and looking for a guy *not* their age. So I used to hit on older women because for some reason a lot of them had their heads screwed on straighter.

Of course, my recent experience with a very immature woman of 30 just shoots this theory all to hell, as does my also recent experience with a lass of 18 who was more mature than most adults I know . but that was my mode of thinking at the time.
 nb_native
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:40:58 PM
OK kewll..... thanx for the input :)
 joe333
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:50:07 PM
Easy sex, thats all. The women are flattered, and normally very insecure, and maybe feel less
threatened by younger men. And for younger men it is safe and not much risk, cause bottom
line is, they are not gonna be with her as life long partner.Unless she got money and is willing to either part with it or share it. And we all know women do not believe in that.
 nb_native
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:13:26 PM
lmfao.. too funny. But a differetnt aspect I guess lol.
I myself am not an insecure older woman lol. I am very confident in who I am as a person and as a woman. I can attract men my age.. but it seems I am not attracted to those particular ones lol. I like a man my age that can take care of himself. Stays healthy and fit.
 alarmed
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:28:35 PM
Are you for real joe333? Men go for older women because the women are an easy target to have sex with? Perhaps younger men go for older women because we are more secure, comfortable with ourselves, and therefore, less sexually inhibited.

The last guy I dated was younger than me, and he broke it off because I earn way more money than he does. Now who was insecure there?
 nb_native
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:34:13 PM
lol.... I have to agree Alarmed. Most of the younger men that have come around me have come after me for my confidence and they say no head games. We understand the difference between sex and love, while most of the younger women r still learning.
 Roaul
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:37:45 PM
one possible answer is that younger guys are spontanious were as guys over 30 are more set in their ways,we have our minds set on something and we try no to deviate from that.another possible answer is youth an older woman might feel she is still desireable and wanted,the sence she is still beautiful if she has a younger guy interested in her,this can make her feel young again.
 daisie
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:12:19 PM
Interesting and timely topic, I've been wondering the same thing. I get a lot of responses from guys 5-10 and more years younger than me. It surprises me, and I believe some of them are looking for a safe place to learn and experience sex, some are very honest about that. Others just say they prefer older women for the sensibility we have and no head games. Then there are some who seem surprised that it is even a question to me at all. To them, age means nothing...they go where their heart leads them. Ya gotta love that! I approach it all with a little caution, but from what I see younger men have a lot going for them....those hot bodies and six packs are sure worth getting to know! The surprise is that a lot of them are very nice adult men.
 frenchy306
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:19:21 PM
Check this out. A younger man sent this to me, said it reminded him of my personality and views. I've posted this on my profile and have received many emails with comments.

Pardon the spelling errors :)

A view of women over forty?????. A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask you what you are thinking. She does`nt give a d*mn what you think.
If an over forty woman does`nt watch the game , she does`nt whine about it , she does her own thing which is more interesting.She knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is , what she is , what she want`s and from whom.
She does`nt care what you think about her or what she`s doing.
She usually has had her fill of "meaningful relationships" and "commitments" The last thing she needs in her life is another dopey , clingy, whiney, dependent lover in her life.
She is mature , dignified and will not have a screaming match in a restaurant or at the opera. Of course , if you deserve it , they wont hesitate to shoot you if they can get away with it.
They are generous with praise , often undeserved . They know what its like to be unappreciated.
She does`nt hesitate to introduce another girl friend to her latest man friend.
A woman over forty could care less if you are attracted to her friends because she knows her friends wont betray her . Women get psychic as they age.
You dont have to confess your sins to her . She already knows .
You know where you stand with her , She`ll tell you if you`re a jerk or if you`re behaving like one.
Yes , we praise them for various reasons. Unfortunately , its not reciprical. For every smart , attractive woman over forty + , there`s a paunchy , balding relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22 year old waitress.
 nb_native
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:23:54 PM
Nice to see that that us so called older women r on the same page :). and thax men for ur answers.... looking forward to seeing more. Especially from the younger men themselves.
 ~~Angel~~
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:43:05 PM
Well... I'm 38 and my husband was 7 years younger than me. I seem to also attract younger men.... I mean it's a complex issue...... the "numerical age" isn't really the issue as is the compatability, goals, etc.... When my husband and I met he was 19 I was 26... he was mature for his age and I imature for mine..... so we worked out very well... well enough to marry 2 years later. Then had 2 kids and now I'm 38 and he's 31 and were divorcing.... we didn't grow up together..... we just grew apart.
So..... I like men in general... younger , older. same age..... I just think that when a young guy of 22 smiles at me .... makes the (MILF) comment it's cute.... makes me smile... The lord know older women love to love and do it well....but he also know that not all those sweet younger men can handle it....
 nb_native
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:56:15 PM
Very True Lyons. As for what u posted on here Frenchy... I got that as an email before... but for women over 30 lol..... I loved it and passed it on to all my friends, both female and male :).
 daisie
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:56:40 PM
Frenchy, I loved that...thanks for sharing it. So...did you meet him?
 Snoug
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:04:51 PM
always the guys fault. Reword thread to... why am i dating younger guys.
 nb_native
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:08:39 PM
LOL.. sorry snoug if this thread seems to be pointing fingers at men. It really isn't. I am seriously wondering why. I myself would prefer to date any good man... regardless of age. But can't seem to find THE man I am looking for... YET.
 nb_native
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:15:47 PM
lmfao... d*mn.. and not even waiting for me lol.... night CR
 MSTJedi
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:09:51 AM
I so agree with that email you posted, frenchy. I'm finding myself being more attracted to older women myself because they don't play the games younger ones tend to. That's not to say that guys don't play games, too. I don't (at least I try to make sure I don't and stop it PDQ if I ever do catch myself doing it - sometimes it's subconscious) and I don't like trying to always guess what the hell is going on.

Gotta give props to the MILFs, Lyons. Mmmmmmmm, redhead MILFs . . . .

Too bad all you women are in Canada or thousands of miles away.
 Excalibur
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/14/2004 10:37:19 AM
Canada isn't a small country you know...Someone can live in one part of the country and still be thousands of of miles away..and still be in Canada! But at least you don't have to worry about crossing borders...so it makes things a *little* easier.... and Lyons..email me so I can email you back..k?? :)
 alexthirteen
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/14/2004 1:22:03 PM
I like older women, purely as a fetish of mine. I think there sexy to look at, and its a bit more exciting to have intimate times with a women that isnt socially aceptable for me to be with.

Same kind of reasons dating an 18 year old is fun......living your life your way and to hell with the rules
 frenchy306
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/14/2004 4:19:24 PM
I did meet him, about 2 years before he sent me that "poem" if you want to call it that. He was happily married then, still is. We met through work, but let me tell you, if he's ever available.......
 joe333
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/14/2004 4:21:44 PM
Well talk about guys being full of bullsh*t, just goes to prove that women do not know what they want. I love women to death (no not like scott peterson), but they are just huge bullsh*tters. I find it kind of qute.( q for odd cute).
Now lets look at some of these statements:
young guys got this and got that or haven't got this and haven't got that, as opposed to the complaints about guys your age or older.
Well in couple of years these guys are the age of your guys now, and that progresses according to each womans different current age.
Do the women of his age complain about him now, even though you think the opposite, or as some one here suggested, 'those younger women more or less haven't got they're thing together.'
Would that suggest you haven't got things together, or is this a generational thing that applies to each you individualy, are the women older than you saying your contempories are fantastic and you haven't got your thing together.
Or is this a war between age groups of women.
Is this just a time warp thing that these particular younger men at this particular time in the history of mankind an anomoly as it might be, are different from all other men in the history of mankind.
OR..................................
You wanted someone you could easly manipulate in bed and out of bed.
and my pick of the lot is 'your all just bullsh*tin agin'.
hehehe.... but believe me I do love you all.
 gadolinx
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:25:51 PM
I date older women for many reasons, one I am attracted to them, They are way more mature in all aspects of life. Most in know what they want out of a man and will take nothing less. They will respect my belives and morals that are very high is what I am told. They Know what they are doing in a relationship and can maintain there feelings and think before they act. Older women are serously more attractive in ever way, I cant help it but young girls remind me to much of my daughters and that is something I do not want.
Gadolinx
Cant never Could, Wont never Will !
 nb_native
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:32:53 PM
Nice to see all the answers in here. I like to have all the different perspectives. Although most r saying the same... maturity, knowing what we want, just plain attractive lol
 gadolinx
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:37:33 PM
Well they are, nothing to me is more sexy than a woman that knows what she wants and how to act toward another human being. Its maturty plain and simple and to me, its always what I wanted, If i cant be, then i would rather be with some one that is.
Gadolinx
Cant never Could, Wont never Will !
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do older women attract more younger men then men their own age?