Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is it not ok to tell a guy you think he's hot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shebop
Msg: 1
Is it not ok to tell a guy you think he's hot?Page 1 of 1    
I was texting (yes, even though I despise texting) with a guy today, who has in the past said, "GM sexy" to me. So I sent him a text this morning saying the same thing. He laughed about it and I told him that he shouldn't laugh, that I do think he is hot. Didn't hear another word from him.

Maybe he just didn't want to hear that I am the woman who thinks he's hot. But it just seems like guys can throw out this kind of thing to women all the time, but have a hard time having it said back to them. Am I wrong?
 CutiepieHoneybunch
Msg: 2
Is it not ok to tell a guy you think he's hot?
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:27:55 PM
BOO YA, ask a guy's guys... see my post about women making the first moves... any moves... etc.

Example A. Guy who can't handle a woman matching his forwardness.
 Write Time
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:29:58 PM
Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Your particular guy may just not know how to respond. That's his problem, not yours. You keep speaking your mind, and you'll do just fine!
 rainman12
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:30:13 PM
I'd totally be down with being called hot....not going to happen anytime soon though, but I'm pretty sure I'd have no problems with it.
 rcmfenix
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:35:10 PM
I don't get what his problem is. The only thing I can think of is someone else that wasn't "supposed" to read the text.

I have no problem if a woman wants to call me Sexy. Because I know I am javascript:smilie('') javascript:smilie('')
 infraradiant
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:50:21 PM
No.. there's nothing wrong with it (atleast in my opinion - I love it when girls send creative txt msgs). It really depends on the person, what kind of chemistry you two have between each other, and your ability to skillfully txt-msg.
 ççç™
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:58:54 PM
I call my grandmother "babe" hell I call every women in my life "babe"... sexy..darling..baby ...
I know many guys who do that too... None of them mean nothing serious... just being cute...

But when a woman comes and tells you that she finds you HOT, that's what she means! She likes you, she wants you!
Now... obviously this guy doesn't like you that way.... that's all... the meanings behind those "sexy, babe, sugars" are different.

If he received that text form some woman he really liked, I am sure he'd be all over it..
 Navigator6
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 2:05:58 PM

BOO YA, ask a guy's guys... see my post about women making the first moves... any moves... etc.

Example A. Guy who can't handle a woman matching his forwardness.

Umm, this is in no way similar to your thread. These two already have an established rapport...

Maybe he just didn't want to hear that I am the woman who thinks he's hot.

If he has already said the same thing to you, I don't see how this could be. Maybe he's been busy all day? Maybe his phone battery died? Maybe he's not good at taking compliments? Have you met in person yet?? Frankly, if I hadn't met a woman in person and she sent me a text like that, it would hoist a red flag. Too much, too soon. Although, if he has already said it to you... IDK.
 celts123
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/4/2009 2:06:15 PM
Perhaps he wasn't that interested in you for some other reason and he used that as an excuse to stop talking to you. I think very few men would get offended if a woman they liked called him "hot".
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 2:42:32 PM
Maybe he's tired of being treated like a piece of meat. You women can go overboard sometimes.

kickingfate
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 2:47:34 PM
If a woman texted me and told me i was hot..first thing i would have to figure out how to read text messages on my phone..then i would blush uncontrollably. That would be a nice thing to here from a woman..

as for why he didn't respond...ask him..don't beat around the bush..ask him directly why he never responded ..who knows he could have been driving and not got the message or lost his signal.
 psylence1
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/4/2009 2:57:30 PM
Some people just aren't that good at taking compliments. I dated a woman once who got really embarrassed and blushed when I complimented her out of a combination of shyness and humility. She just wasn't used to receiving complimentary attention so she wasn't used to just saying "thanks, that's sweet" and moving on.

It's odd you haven't heard from him though. If I had confirmation that a woman I was seeing thought I was hot I'd be moving closer not abandoning. Maybe that's just me though.

~N
 NerdStatus
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:26:16 PM
Or maybe he hasn't had a chance to respond, didn't get it, or thought that was the end of the conversation. Texting is a poor method of communication, and the source of much frustration. I wouldn't read too much into it.
 hotguy4youindc
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:31:53 PM
It sounds like you found a complete dork.

Guys like compliments and flirtation too. Most of us men have been begging for a long time for women to be the aggressor. Please, be aggressive. Please make the first approach. Please flirt. Please buy us drinks. Please pay for the date. Please take advantage of us sexually. Hell, propose marriage too. Anything that will make you total equals to us and take some of the pressure off the men for once.

Or, do you not want real equality? ;)
 Grimblekin
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 4:13:19 PM
^^^ correct

An assertive and strong woman who goes after what she wants is super attractive.

I know most women out there want the same in a guy...but it's nice to have a change of pace once in a while.

Every now and then you gotta take a break from being aggressive...and it'd be nice if someone came to the guy for a change.

And back on topic: Being called hot is fine...I consider it a compliment.. most men don't look at it as disrespectful like some women do.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 4:16:39 PM
OP, and CutiePie.
Two words:

Wrong guy.

Try
Different guy(s)
For
Different results.

Hot guys chase hotter girls.
Same as the hot girls chase the hotter guys.

Doesn't matter what you type-say-do.
It isn't you.
Just wrong guy.
Not interested.

The #1 thing both sexes need to realize is this is marketing.
Know your product(YOU)
Know your market.
(Who may be interested your product)

When you realize ALL guys aren't the same you'll be halfway there.

Good Luck.
 ANewDay22
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/4/2009 8:21:36 PM
If he's into you, he would love that you called him hot. I love to hear a chick that I like thinks I'm attractive.

If he's not into you, he won't respond. It would give you the wrong idea to accept the compliment.
 mynamesnotjesus
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/4/2009 8:50:17 PM

Am I wrong?

IMO you are wrong to think it was the calling him hot or sexy that is the problem.
IMO the problem was not just accepting his laughter and moving on.

When you attempted to defend your position and continue on the point until he accepted what you said it can be seen as fishing for validation or reciprocal compliment. Or that you complimented him in order to get something from him. You didn't move on.

You also told him what to do via a highly impersonal method of communication (don't laugh/shouldn't laugh), and reiterated your point. He may have interpreted that as controlling because he has no idea how serious you are taking it, and you are waiting for him to validate that what you say is absolute truth.

It's rarely about exactly what is said but how it is presented and the context of personality that presents it.

IMO men know how to accept compliments, but they aren't socially trained as well in acknowledging them.
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 9:58:42 PM
These texts happened today, for all you know right after he sent that text he dropped the phone in the toilet, I can see it now "OMG she thinks I'm hot, ah ah oh nooooo!!!". Or maybe he's thinking it over, he may want to let you down easy or not jeapordize your opinion of him.
 Emun
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 2:30:40 AM
not a problem, its appreciated by most secure guys but most guys would probably be confused and not know what to say so lol is the best he could probably comeup with atm.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is it not ok to tell a guy you think he's hot?