Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Age verification system      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wicked_desires
Msg: 1
Age verification systemPage 1 of 1    
Is there anyway to have an age verification system on here

I am fed up reporting those who knock 5 to 14 years of their actual age (which as far as I am aware is illegal for them to do so) as they proclaim themselves to be honest and genuine.

any chance of one on here :)
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Age verification system
Posted: 5/5/2009 10:48:04 AM
Nope not really. This is a free internet dating site that you only need a email not even a name to join.

If you figure out a way to verify age via email then start working on how to verify weight the same way next. Maybe "true" is a better site for you if you trust them any more.

Cowboy
 wicked_desires
Msg: 3
Age verification system
Posted: 5/5/2009 10:53:11 AM
birth, driver license, etc pic uploaded for admin for silent age approval stamp

Its not rocket science is it cowboy
 Entzauberung
Msg: 4
Age verification system
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:13:45 AM
^^^
So you would snail mail your birth certificate, drivers licence, etc. to admin to prove you are who you are?

No doubt you'd want those returned eventually, and are prepared to take the bus or walk in the meantime. You'll pay for return postage, right?

If you are suggesting you would supply this certification by sending scanned photos, well I suspect there are many who wouldn't hesitate to doctor up such images with Photoshop before submitting it.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Age verification system
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:14:25 AM
Its a FREE site with one admin and thousands of new members a day. 8 million members you want verified. Almost a million active users a day that would need verified.

There is ONE employee. The owner. Its built on being FREE and easy to join.

I am not giving my drivers license or credit card number to any site that freely emails my password in plain text twice a week to me.

Getting Markus to spend that kind of time policing a free site, that has worked fine for him so far to make millions of dollars for him, to please you might just be rocket science.

Good luck.

Cowboy
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Age verification system
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:21:01 AM
~OP~ I agree it's very frustrating, but there is no legal issue ~ people lie. It's not against the law. If they were to verify ages, people would also want verification of the following: drug free, disease free, height, weight, marital status, credit history, etc., etc. It's impossible and really? Not necessary. You just have to weed out the liars. There are truthful people here, you just have to find them. JMO
 Jim978
Msg: 7
Age verification system
Posted: 5/6/2009 3:38:26 AM

birth, driver license, etc pic uploaded for admin for silent age approval stamp

Its not rocket science is it cowboy

It isn't rocket science but it isn't a solution either. Who is going to pay for people to sit around and review these documents? How many members would be willing to submit them knowing that their info could be stolen from yet another site and be used for identity fraud? And how do the reviewers know that you are the person actually listed in these documents?

Your solution has huge gaping holes in it that would render it ineffective and at the same time it would create a logistical and security nightmare that would cause many user's to avoid it entirely.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Age verification system