Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Ever find your ex's profile on a dating site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rouletiquette
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ever find your ex's profile on a dating site?Page 1 of 1    
I recently put my POF profile back together, basically out of boredom, and not long after I was shocked to stumble across the profile of my most recent ex.

I could feel my cheeks burning, and that old oh-so-natural urge to **** at him with all my might.. But I realized I couldn't.

We would constantly send each other mixed signals, giving each other hope that we might still have a future, but I'm quite sure both of us have assumed the worst by this point, so finding his profile was a low blow. Of course it didn't take me long to recognize the hypocrisy...

But it just makes me so mad!! Now I'm trying to figure out a way to confront him, without actually admitting that I'm on this site too!

Poor thing, no matter we drive each other up the wall!
 elbezerkizo
Msg: 2
Ever find your ex's profile on a dating site?
Posted: 5/7/2009 9:59:09 PM
why confront? chalk it up to the game and move on.
 rouletiquette
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:07:59 PM
Because that's just how we operate. I'd hate to lose the one I love to hate!
 elbezerkizo
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:14:01 PM
imagine if i were posting this and you were the one responding. what would you be saying? something similar probably.

the end result will be the same regardless of what you do: you'll both move on. you can make in-between part as hard on yourself as you want. who knows, maybe you're masochistic and like that sort of gig. bust out the leather and ballgag while you're at it. personally i'd take my fustration out in a more constructive manner ... maybe go kick my neighbor's annoying chihuaha and call it day.
 rouletiquette
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:20:40 PM
I think you guys are confused about my intentions with this thread.

It's funny! You're supposed to laugh!

If I wanted to be sorely misjudged I would have posted this in the "Ask A Girl" section, where not a comment may pass without being picked apart by bitter singles.
 elbezerkizo
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:29:09 PM
rofl
i thought the kicking the chihuahua part was pretty hilarious when i wrote it actually.
"Ask a Cougar" more like it, no offense ladies.
 Wild Artist
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:53:20 AM
Unless you marked to not show people you viewed their profile the ex knows you found theirs.

My ex is on here and I didn't know, so wen I stumbled upon his profile it made him think I might be interestd again....ah well he knows now.
 Galahad54
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:31:30 PM
My ex showed up as a 93% match. I want to tinker a bit with their algorithm. Mostly any woman who shows up at over 70% rides motorcycles (I don't) , has tattoos (I don't), has a stated preference for black men (I'm not) or is a cougar (I'm their age) or some combination of the above.
 Jay631
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:53:01 PM
I would be sending him a message from another profile! a typical girl he would like.

Then ask him questions based on things you KNOW for sure that he has done but prob would not admit. Keep it going and see just how weak he actually is..

Could be fun..

:)
 sandiegoprincess
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/17/2009 1:15:57 AM
I have never came across an AD of an EX.. but if i did im sure his pix are the ones THAT I TOOK! Luckily i know how to use photo-shop and have originals.. hehehe
 thelonelydude
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/17/2009 11:53:53 AM
AAaaaawwwwww - FOR THE LOVE OF GRAPE FLAVORED GOOBER GRISSLES - Drop'im darling - move on - walk - do not look back - do not pass go - do not collect $200 - it's over - finished - done - turn the page - move on to sqaure 2 - wipe off the chalk board - do your laundry - break it off - burn the bridge - cross the river - flip the pancake - knock the dust off of your sandals - get a new groove - make a new plan Stan - change the batteries - board the bus - pull up the tent - mail a dear John - till the field - sweep the porch - turn in your library card - snap the twig - cut the cord - pull the plug - yank the knot out of your rope - turn the corner - close the door - shatter the vase - unfurl the sails - lock the mail box - catch a breather - open up the shutters and let the cool breeze of freedom freshen up your underwear - IT'S OVER!!!!!
 thelonelydude
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/17/2009 2:57:06 PM
ACTUALLY - Here's what happened to me. The last time I had a profile on Plenty Of Fish, I discovered that an old girlfriend was on here also.

I contacted her just to say "Hi", and maybe reminice a little. Totally a non-romantic thing - just a casual "How do ya do".

I was absolutely shocked and appalled when she suddenly PHONED ME AT MY WORK PLACE!!! - needless to say - I respectfully ended our correspondance.
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Ever find your ex's profile on a dating site?