Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do guys make plans and not follow through?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kgnurse
Msg: 1
why do guys make plans and not follow through?Page 1 of 1    
I have a guy friend who tells me we are going to do all these wonderful things and now I am getting the distinct impression he is just too busy or he just ignores the subject. We get along fine, but it is long distance. I think he must have several other women in his life and does not have time for me.
 eschec mat
Msg: 2
why do guys make plans and not follow through?
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:48:35 PM
It sounds like you know him and answered your own question.
Posted: 5/11/2009 3:06:24 PM

They don't. What world are you living in? Men always do exactly what they said they would do. Sounds like you found a rare one and is definitely a keeper! I suggest hanging on to this stud. LTR are also highly recommended. Always work out and almost always lead to marriage. good luck!
 Heptone
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/11/2009 3:12:12 PM
I love this fantasy:

I think he must have several other women in his life and does not have time for me.

Anyway, I could be wrong, but I'm 54 and I've been around the block a few times. In my experience the number of men I've known who have "several other women" in their lives is nearly nil. I've known men who were clumsily sorting through choices while they were dating -- oh, wait, that would be me -- but men who "have several other women" sounds like your insecurity talking.

I learned in high school that the guys who said they banged half the cheerleaders were full of b.s. Yes, we lead busy lives. And there are some exceptions: some of us are busy little rascals, it's true. I had my time, back when. But several at once is a pretty rare situation.

You're in your fifties. Imagining the man you're taking about is in his fifties and hustling his way through his golf club or his church choir or his office is pretty unlikely, in my upscrewed opinion.
 james awt
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/11/2009 4:19:51 PM
he is not a true frend then. a person's words are the most valuable thing that thay own...then you can't trust them 4 nutten
james awt
 sherlockjr
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/11/2009 4:24:44 PM
You answered your ownn question:

It is long distance, and he is busy. Relax and dont be so impatient
 chip1331
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/11/2009 8:23:09 PM
Yeah, a guy juggling multiple women probably wouldn't bother to spend the time entertaining a long distance relationship unless he's just bonkers. I don't know why someone would want to move forward with a guy if they think they're like that either unless they're juggling multiple men and so on.
 celts123
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/11/2009 10:45:58 PM
Some people are flakes. Perhaps he is more interested in another woman and you are his back up option.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/11/2009 10:51:32 PM
OP,
I think they juggle other dates who are compatible but they don't quite see as "THE ONE." When they find that "ONE" person, they usually lose interest in all others (assuming the other person reciprocates their feelings).
 SassySky
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/11/2009 10:55:37 PM
OP sad that he is your friend and puts you off. If you two were romantically involved would be a whole different story.

You state you are friends and long distance, I am willing to bet he is doing what every other red blooded male is trying to do Date...

I have to say B.S. on several women at one time, in my experience men dont' do this once they are exclusive.

I think you need to ask yourself these questions are you in the Friends Zone then so be it and move on or ask him how to get out of it. I k now if I was interested in someone whether he was sitting beside me or clear across the country I wouldn't refer to him so casually as a friend.
Good luck
 MrPlatonic
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/12/2009 12:32:48 AM
Some people live in a fantasy world and consider it optimistic to sugar-coat everything with empty promises and starry-eyed bliss.

I used to work with a very religious guy who, when he wasn't shoving Jesus down my throat or begging me to fix his computers, would try to dazzle me with stories of my perfect future. When my car was stolen, he said "Don't worry. You'll get it back, and it will be better than it ever was!" He may have been right, but I'll never know since I didn't get all of it back (many pieces missing). Or, before I spent the next few days in bed, I heard something like "You are not going to get sick. In fact, you are going to do better at the gym than ever before!"

Come to think of it, most of the hard-core bs'ers I've known have been guys. Not that women are more pure in heart, rather, they work under a different motive when it comes to shoveling useless garbage into the ears.

Damn, I sound bitter. Oh yeah, because I am! It sucks when people try to charm you into admiring them. However, I have found that exposure results in finely-honed ability to recognize such buttering as it's being applied (plus the increased risk of becoming overly skeptic as a side-effect). Calling people out on such faux promises sometimes gets them to stop over time, but otherwise brings smiles to peers who also smell the bs.
 djrdx
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:28:49 AM
why do girls make plans and not follow through?
WHYYYYYYYY!!!!???
WHYYYYY!!!!!!???

*breaks down and starts crying on the floor in the foetal position*

just kidding
 Lori922
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:30:22 AM

I think he must have several other women in his life and does not have time for me.

Good job...there's your answer...NEXT
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:37:04 AM
That's why they're called plans.
 resilientguy23
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/12/2009 1:27:03 PM
Long distance relationships are complicated.
 independent!
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/12/2009 3:26:15 PM
always assume the worst, but keep a dont ask dont tell policy. if hes honest like me, he will tell you he is dating, not just dating you. if you need to know ask. but dont belive whatever he says, but if you like him wont you play the game, or spend your much precious time on somone who deserves it
 horneschwoggle
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:32:18 PM

BINGO.
I had a woman say the same things to me (going to do all these wonderful things)
It was all friggin lies...oh well, at least I slept with her. Alls forgiven.
 azholysmoke
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/12/2009 5:18:22 PM
OP...you say are "friends". How close of friends? You also say it is a LDR. How far apart are you? There is a big difference between 75 miles and 1500 miles. You also don't say wither or not you are in an exclusive relationship. Nor do you say if you have ever met.

To me it sounds that a conversation about the relationship is order. If he avoids the subjects you have your answer. JMO
 lisatheresa again
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 6:57:34 PM
i dont know why but that just made me laugh alot111111
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do guys make plans and not follow through?