Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women horny during ovulation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Renaissance Mun
Msg: 1
Women horny during ovulation? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Interesting article:
http://www.ubersite.com/m/35449

Here's bits and pieces from the article, if you don't feel like going to the trouble of looking it up:
--------------------
LONDON (Reuters) - Women are likely to have more sex on the days when they are most fertile .... But he and his colleagues do not understand the reasons and doubt that women are even aware of them. [hence the reason my posting on this topic]

In the study ... discovered that during ovulation ... the overall frequency of sex increased by 24 percent.... Most women have about six fertile days a month -- the five days preceding ovulation and the day of ovulation. ... A woman's libido may be heightened when she is ovulating so she has an increased interest in sex, or she may produce more pheromones, chemicals that send messages to other individuals, that increase her sexual attractiveness.
---------------------
So, ladies, in your experience, do you believe this to be true?

Are more importantly, are us guys more likely to get laid during this time period? And if so, how much would you say it increases our chances? Finally, any strategy in how to obtain this information from, for example, that hot neighbor across the street, who has luke-warm interest, at best?

This should be interesting ...
 psssst
Msg: 2
Women horny during ovulation?
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:40:12 PM

Women are likely to have more sex on the days when they are most fertile .... But he and his colleagues do not understand the reasons and doubt that women are even aware of them.
This is nothing new...

Are more importantly, are us guys more likely to get laid during this time period?
Only if we determine you to be of prime breeding stock... otherwise, sorry Charlie...

Better luck next time...
 kayliecat
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:52:27 PM
Estrogen is also highest at this time... HUGE confound.

Women on the pill are not ovulating at all, but have high levels of estrogen all month long.... and I for one am horny 24/7 and I am on the pill...lots of estrogen going for me all the time.

So I'd have to guess it's the estrogen causing the peak in arousal/libido, not the ability to get impregnated.

BUT of course biologically this does make sense.
 purple_pants
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:54:52 PM
Yes women get more horny. Why would you want to get laid at that time for? There's a greater chance of getting preggo. It's the body's way of trying to use that egg before it self destructs. Women are only allotted a certain number of eggs during their lifetime. Once they've used them up, well there's menopause.

As for your chance of getting laid, please. I wouldn't chance it. One horny night can equal to a bun in the oven, even with protection.
 MsMicki
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:05:06 PM

Once they've used them up, well there's menopause.

and that's when the "horniness" kicks into overdrive!!
 ZenBeth
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:08:28 PM
Nothing new to this information. Unless its the fact some women can ovulate twice a month. Watching the cervical mucus can tell most women when they are their most fertile. As can watching temperature spikes.

And unless a couple wants to get pregnant this isn't the best time to have sex, even if using birth control since the only 100% full proof prevention is not getting sperm anywhere near the vagina. Something the thinking men in my life know.

~Beth~
 MAESBABY63
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:24:38 PM
Amen Sister MsMicki:

I have been menopausal for years but the last few have put my sex drive into overdrive. All I can say is I feel very sorry for the next man I happen to be with, hope he likes a nympho. Anyway the estrogen preggo thing does make sense but then how do you explain menopausal women in the same horny boat?
 GoodmanGreg
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:35:37 PM
justfun4two : Well, if you really insist....LOL (Next man?)
Come on up and see me sometime! (Mae West)
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/16/2009 9:46:29 PM
Yes, this is very true. There have been many studies on this actually, so this is nothing new. Biologically, women are wired to be more open to sex when ovulating, because this helps ensure the likely hood that she will become pregnant during this time, and continue the species.

Even if she's not looking to get pregnant, every month, the female human body is preparing her for possible pregnancy with hormone changes during ovulation. This is just nature's way of helping to continue the species.

Needless to say, if you meet a woman who seems "overly horny" be extra sure to use protection, because her eggs are ready to get fertilized by someone.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:40:00 AM

So, ladies, in your experience, do you believe this to be true?

Are more importantly, are us guys more likely to get laid during this time period? And if so, how much would you say it increases our chances? Finally, any strategy in how to obtain this information from, for example, that hot neighbor across the street, who has luke-warm interest, at best?

This should be interesting ...

this is the kinda thread that just blows your pants off.

I'm amazed by the amount of men that still don't know about this kind of stuff.
 MaseWood
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/17/2009 3:28:09 AM
This is gross why do people want to get on here and talk about there nasty old va-jays
 CAPTGREGGY
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/17/2009 3:31:41 AM
THE VAGINA IS A VERTCAL VEASTABUL LOCATED PERPENDICULAR TO THE RECTUM AND IS THE GATEWAY TO THE UTERUS.........I STAYED AT A HOLIDAY INN LAST NITE
 goodlistener711
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:45:35 AM
Not sure about them being more horny, but do know it's the best time of the month to perform oral on them..
 countrygrl12345
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:47:43 AM
captgreggy......ok, you win my 'morning laugh' award....

So, aren't you men glad that you at least get 5-6 days of a woman being open to sex each month? You just have to tolerate the other 26 days of "get off me"....
 Leeanne
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:51:14 AM
Tell us something we don't know already! LOL Women have known all this forever!! If men simply asked women they would have all the answers they desire. Yes women get horny when they are more fertile! News flash!

This is gross why do people want to get on here and talk about there nasty old va-jays

Um it does say in his profile he's seeking women?!? HUM! :30:
 no_1_bby
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:55:16 AM
Um.. I've known about this for about.. oh.. 20 yrs. I've experienced it for at least that long, or been aware of it for at least that long.

We are not at all dissimilar to most animal species who exhibit this behaviour during estrus. Why would this surprise anyone? Not only do women become hornier during ovulation, they become more attractive as well.
 Sexyangel17
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:24:23 PM
like horny when your having your period or whatever? Oh damn yes a few times actually, quite a lot. Ive definately been wanting to get at it while on it
Nothing big deal just probably the idea of doin it while on it grosses a guy out but whatever
 no_1_bby
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:31:33 PM

like horny when your having your period or whatever? Oh damn yes a few times actually, quite a lot. Ive definately been wanting to get at it while on it
Nothing big deal just probably the idea of doin it while on it grosses a guy out but whatever

Normally ovulation doesn't occur during a woman's period... but I know what you are saying. I've heard that before about some women being hornier during her period.
 ndulj
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:33:43 PM
Oh hell yeah. This is not new.

how do you explain menopausal women in the same horny boat?

This is just my guess...as estrogen levels fall peri and post menopause, the percentage of testosterone in your system increases.
At one time I was on testosterone therapy and it was quite similar to the post menopausal hornyness now. Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!
Just lovin' that this is all natural!!!
 lexigurlsx
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/1/2009 10:34:38 PM
yep, definitely want it during ovulation, and any woman in touch with herself could tell you this
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 10:47:59 PM
When I ovulate (not to be mistaken with having my period...as someone up there suggested) my vision is sharper, my sense of smell is stronger and my pupils dilate more than usual. I feel more attractive and I notice men a lot more. A LOT more! LOL And yes, ovulation makes you very horny. Long live my eggs!
 GoodmanGreg
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/2/2009 5:16:29 AM

When I ovulate (not to be mistaken with having my period...as someone up there suggested) my vision is sharper, my sense of smell is stronger and my pupils dilate more than usual. I feel more attractive and I notice men a lot more. A LOT more! LOL And yes, ovulation makes you very horny. Long live my eggs!

miss_contemplative: You mention you notice men a lot more. Just curious, what happens the rest of the month? You notice men a lot less? Its a good thing we men don't have to go through this metamorphisis. Can you imagine what it would be like if there as a 24 to 48 hour period where we men noticed women more?

Remember too, it is during this ovulation period where a woman can get pregnant. If a man ejaculates 24 to 48 hours before having intercourse with the woman, his sperm can live up to 24 to 48 hours in her vagina. This is why its so imporant to protect youself if you do not want an unwanted pregnacy. I believe, (if I remember my biology well LOL) the period when a woman should abstain is about 5 days given the above information. It isn't fair is it? When you are the most horniest, that you should abstain if not using some kind of birth control. Thats life though....what can we do?
 kayliecat
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 9:04:57 AM
ndulj.... actually testosterone doesn't rise post menopause. Seems like it would bc/ I too have heard in men high estrogen levels coincide w/lower testosterone. My ex-hub was once on a drug to lower his estrogen levels to see if it would raise his testosterone.

But too many research studies have now found that women who are menopausal often have too low of testosterone levels. In fact, that is now what htey are working on - testosterone therapy to help menopausal women w/their sex drives and ability to orgams, etc.

Perhaps for some reason the estrogen-testosterone relationship is different in females than males.... I don't know enough to comment, just that menopausal women DON"T have high testosterone like we'd hope. LOL
 Musical Touch
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/2/2009 11:57:40 AM
Estrogen “peaks” for a woman when she is ovulating (mid-cycle). With estrogen at it’s highest level a woman usually feels her skin is the softest...her hair is the shiniest and “her glow” the most alluring. High levels of “estrogen” create a “proceptive” (read: seductive) attitude in an ovulating female’s brain. Typically a woman can exhibit four different attitudes towards sex based on the NUMEROUS (over 10) levels of hormones circulating in her body. These sexual attitudes are: 1) active (aggressive), 2) receptive (passive), 3) proceptive (seductive) and 4) aversive (against).

Usually a woman incorporates the latter three responses (receptive, proceptive, and aversive) as part of her normal cycle routine IF she is not on some kind of hormonal birth control. Most people would concur that the “sexually aggressive female” is an atypical female. Here are some research discoveries that might help to shed some light on WHY some females are sexually aggressive based on the hormone testosterone..

An active (aggressive) attitude towards sex (in a woman) “can be” a strong indicator of higher than normal levels of testosterone circulating in her body. Because testosterone levels increase in response to accomplishment (read: winning)...social status and pecking order...successful career women usually have higher than normal levels of testosterone for a woman. Consider this: an ovulating female “career woman” might be more aggressive when she is ovulating than seductive...due to her higher than normal testosterone level trumping her ovulating estrogen influence. ~WHOA~

An aside thought: There are some rare women whose nature (genetic endowment) is such that they have a naturally higher level of circulating testosterone than the typical female. Therefore there are women who can be sexually aggressive that are NOT necessarily career women...they were predestined due to their genetic makeup (of higher than normal testosterone levels) to be sexually aggressive irrespective of their station in life.

The down side to “testosterone sexual aggression” is that “high levels” of testosterone foster masturbation over intercourse...aggression over accommodation and polygamy over monogamy. Guess you can have too much of a testosterone thing! Oh and let’s not forget the increased facial hair...voice deepening...breast shrinking...clitoris enlarging testosterone side-effects on a woman! YEOW!

Typically men are the aggressors when it comes to sex due to their “much higher testosterone levels” (20 to 40 TIMES greater). A Woman being proceptive (seductive) during ovulation infers she has a healthy balance of estrogen and testosterone circulating in her body and that her peaked level of the “I AM AN ATTRACTIVE/DESIRABLE WOMAN” hormone (estrogen) has imbued her with a strong desire to copulate.

When all is said and done...there are a myriad of factors that influence a woman’s sexual desire this is just a snippet of how the hormones estrogen and testosterone might influence a woman’s desire to procreate.
 bklynrebel
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/2/2009 12:04:34 PM
DUH, DUH and more DUH. Of course a woman of child bearing age is going to be more horny during ovulation, it's time to get pregnant, that is what the body is indicating. Sex can sometimes result in children! Brush up on your birds and bees.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women horny during ovulation?