Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > what's the best intellectual question for showing off how intelligent      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cuddle-Monster
Msg: 1
what's the best intellectual question for showing off how intelligent and attractive you are?!Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm new here, so I was looking around - and this seems to be the forum for showing off how intelligent and caring and social and thus attractive you are... so what's the best question or kind of question to ask?

That's a question in itself, no?! Seriously! (I don't think the questions that are running atm are very suitable for this purpose.)

Or, what's the best kind of intellectual question to debate in order to show off for purposes of attracting a mate?

I'd guess - something that shows you're:

(i) capable of being analytical and precise
(ii) not fanatically obsessed with particular formulations or conceptions
(iii) aware of how relative ideas are, but not too quick to compromise without checking out the practical implications
(iv) both intensely intellectual and also emotionally and socially intelligent
(v) funny- especially funny in ways of observing and critiquing aspects of real life that people learn from easily
(vi) capable of inspiring others to cooperate, and thus becoming a leader of free persons

Obviously the point of all this, in terms of the evolutionary advantage and mate selection, is that a man who is intelligent, reasonable, a good negotiator, diplomatic, sensitive, funny, sociable, etc. is likely to gain leadership and thus be socially rewarded and have better access to resources and security and increase his (and his mate's) reproductive chances -more so than a big, strong, arrogant bully who typically ends up getting banished or assassinated in a primitive small human community.

So, suggest some questions below that we can compete and display over! ;-)

p.s. I'd guess ranting over Dawkins vs. the Creationist far-right evangelicals is probably not a great subject for the purpose of displaying your intelligence as an attractive trait!
Msg: 2
what's the best intellectual question for showing off how intelligent and attractive you are?!
Posted: 5/17/2009 11:28:48 AM
Evolution doesnt apply to humans sorry we are the opposite of evolution. We have evolved to become weaker, slower, and dumber then our ancestors and continue to dumb ourselves down through a controlled society that selects for stupidity and mediocrity.

Girls fall for the fat stupid idiots every time. They are bred and trained to do it. They are hardwired to be attracted to the wrong guys and blow off the right ones. Thats why you my friend are single, I am single, and every other free thinking truly caring and beautiful human being have the hardest time finding a partner.

This applies to women too. Take note of some of the INCREDIBLY attractive and intelligent girls that cant find a partner. Why cant they? im sure they get 50 emails a day.

Never forget that this is a totally controlled society. We are herd animals and women will choose the herd over the individual every time. Even if they want to be with a special enlightened person they will fall in line and run with the herd to be accepted by the group.
 mascot1
Msg: 3
what's the best intellectual question for showing off how intelligent and attractive you are?!
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:10:34 PM
Here is one question that with the right people can be asked, but like with most people, get shunned for asking this question: what is true love to you?

Honestly, I've contemplated that for years, and have developed the answer that it is true what you truly love you have to let go of. True love is with deepest respect. True love has to be found in you before truly loving another person. Otherwise it is oppressive and controlling. True love can not be contained, as you love yourself, you grow to love others, and that goes without bounds and restrictions.

Depending on who you are talking to I never would ask this to people on here because most would feel uncomfortable with the question. But I think it shows one of the best ways to get to know someone if you are talking to the people that can handle such a personal question.

For jokes sake: Whats the opposite of Progress? Congress.
 NDSUPhD2B
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:17:34 PM
I am not sure what the most intellectual and conversation invoking question is, but I do know that sometimes simple is better when first meeting someone. I have found stupid little questions tend to get a response faster than something that is deep. I live in a smaller area at the moment and there are not a great deal of single, educated women around me, so often intellectual questions come off rather intimidating. In a more populated area, it may be to your advantage to ask something deep right off the bat, but my experience says start simple and build from there.

P.S. If you find intellectual ones that you are not interested in, send them my way :)
 JustDukky
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:37:30 PM

what's the best intellectual question for showing off how intelligent and attractive you are?

Boy, that's a tough question and one that I can't readily answer. What I CAN answer is a few examples of what NOT to ask:

1) Questions regarding style, such as:
What colour of sackloth shows my hump to best advantage when ringing the bells?
Should I wear my hat over, or under my sack-with-the-eye-hole?

2) Questions regarding sexual prowess:
It's hard to find condoms in my size; are weather balloons OK, or are they prone to leaks?
Are ribbed condoms needed for stimulation if one already has a bunch of warts?

3) Questions regarding intellectual stuff that maybe two other people on the planet have any knowledge of:
Can a non-spatial singularity have a ring topology and if so, what does that say about the Big-Bang? (can also be asked under heading number 2, though it loses its intellectual flavour there)

4) Questions regarding self-referential matters:
If I already know the answer, am I implicitly lying by pleading ignorance and asking the question?

5) Questions implying personal attractiveness:
Would all those guys in prison have raped me if I was ugly?

6) Questions of hygiene:
I'm wondering whether I wash myself often enough to be attractive. How often is the average person hosed off?

I'm sure there are many other questions to avoid, but I think these should definitely be on any "short list." Now, excuse me while I open a fresh beer.

Oh yeah; one more question. Are there any women who wouldn't consider 48 beers a day excessive?
 Cuddle-Monster
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/17/2009 3:28:10 PM
Thanks Mascot! You're the only person who's answered the actual question so far.

(I agree about not asking such personal questions too early in real life, but online is a different environment, isn't it?)

I'm supposed to be revising for an exam tomorrow morning actually, so I was just taking a little distraction break, but it's a really good question on all sorts of levels and I will come back to you later.

oxo
K
 annamw
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:17:53 PM
Well for me, you can break the ice with humor and then show me your intellectual side later in the conversation. Because yes, I do want a smart man, but humor is what is going to get my attention first and I want both to keep the relationship interesting!
 farceur
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:57:09 PM
Because modesty prevents me from exploring this puzzle myself, I am asking you all, how is it possible for a man who is unfazed by even the most daunting intellectual challenge to at the same time be so bound by humility that he cannot bring himself to undertake the seemingly simple puzzle of graciously divining the reason why women who avail themselves of his amazing sexual prowess will instead fall in love with his mental girth?
 novascotialass
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:33:54 PM
Talk about what you are passionate about, but try to keep it at the level of the person you're with. In my job I hobknob with researchers all the time and I like to hear what they're working on. There's always something that I can pick up from them.
 GGarbo
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:12:43 PM
Ask them what kinds of things trip them up. If they give a list of simple things, they might be complex and also aware of their limitations.

I think with a lot of intellectual types, the stuff that we are weak at are things the rest of the population excels at. We are all different in those weaknesses but the commonality is, the stuff is so simple that you wouldn't think a smart person would have such struggles with it.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:24:33 PM

Girls fall for the fat stupid idiots every time. They are bred and trained to do it.

Whoa! This sounds a bit bitter and unrealistic! Oh, wait, you wrote "girls"--not "women."

Thats why you my friend are single, I am single, and every other free thinking truly caring and beautiful human being have the hardest time finding a partner.

I don't know you, but I can tell you without reservation that you are NOT single because you are a free thinking, etc., human.

Never forget that this is a totally controlled society.

And you, too, are controlled--you lack the ability to see beyond the end of your nose and accept reasons for why you can't find a partner. It is like the "nice guy" syndrome. Like the sheep, you refuse to take responsibility for yourself, your actions, and reasons why you are "unattractive" and would rather blame others.

Your rebelliousness is also controlled: your reaction to authority is a stereotypical rebel fashion, yet you fancy yourself different.
 principio
Msg: 12
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:45:48 PM

What IS the point?

Damn! I wish that I had asked that.
 slapshot682
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:58:46 PM
I think , early on in the dating process, the best questions are introspective ones. I have found the most attractive questions are the ones that really get her to think and if you can withhold any judgment. She'll find you very attractive (that is if you pass the looks test)

How about...

What do you believe is the key(s) to a successful relationship?

What is your ideal second date?

If you had one day to live, what would you be doing?

If you could do anything once without repercussions, what would you do?

What magic power do you wish you had?

What is the thing you are most proud of accomplishing?

Man has two ears and one mouth, therefore it only makes sense that man should listen twice as much as he speaks.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:27:28 PM
I like to ask men their opinions of archetypal myth and which explanation they buy into as to their existence.

Then, I segue into a rousing conversation about creation myths.

Works for me.
 steven88888
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:30:01 PM
You are in a room with three gorillas. One has a pencil, one has a banana, and the third one has nothing. Which primate is the most intelligent there?

A man has three talents. He loses one, he gives one away and he keeps the third one. How many talents has he got left? (Trick question.)

A baby can choose between developing neuron pathways or developing gender-appropriate sex horm0ne production. Which would you choose if you were that baby?

God has come down to Earth, and gets a job as a basketball-scout. Which city in North America would you first go to if you were God?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:49:04 PM

God has come down to Earth, and gets a job as a basketball-scout. Which city in North America would you first go to if you were God?

Don't be silly--god would never take a job as a basketball scout: I am teaching.
 steven88888
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/17/2009 8:04:38 PM
"Don't be silly--god would never take a job as a basketball scout: I am teaching."

With all due respect, that was the wrong answer.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/17/2009 8:12:22 PM
With all due respect, in the universe where I rule, that IS the right answer.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 8:15:15 PM
There is one question above all that women require with great precision: How tall are you?
A precise accounting of assets and income come in second. Intelligence is not part of the chemistry formula.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/17/2009 8:18:24 PM

Intelligence is not part of the chemistry formula.

Wrong. For smart women, intelligence is most certainly a part of the chemistry formuula, but perhaps you have not dated a smart woman.

Ahem.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 9:04:50 PM

perhaps you have not dated a smart woman.

What counts as intelligence in regard to finding a male? Landing a sugar daddy? The ability to rationalize the poor choices they make in guys?

Judging by academic performance, the three most intelligent women I ever dated, dumped me for a wife beater and tow dead beats, all taller than me. The latter two asked to borrow money to bail out their guys. The highest achieving female student I knew but never dated ended up being a long time mistress for a very rich married guy. I have always sought out intelligence.

I have worked with only a very few engineers and scientists who were female. Most of those live over a thousand miles away. I meet the top ones in my area on a regular basis at professional meetings. None within a few decades of my peer group are single and there are very few of them. At 5'7", studies indicate 80% of all women would have stopped reading at that stat, further limiting my choices. The chances of finding a "smart" woman is very slim.
 steven88888
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/17/2009 9:56:33 PM
"The chances of finding a "smart" woman is very slim."

Aha!! But the notion of finding a slim woman is very smart.
 steven88888
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/17/2009 10:02:53 PM
"With all due respect, in the universe where I rule, that IS the right answer."

Okay, I concede; you may be right.

But the point is that the question whether He would work as a scout is academic, whereas the original question was hypothetical.

Meaning, you find it impossible for god to work at that profession; my question was, given that he works in that field, which city etc.

So with all due respect your question was not wrong, per se, but as it pertained to the question, it was a non-sequitur. (Sequiteur?)
 steven88888
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/17/2009 10:08:04 PM
"What counts as intelligence in regard to finding a male? Landing a sugar daddy? The ability to rationalize the poor choices they make in guys?"

Those are rhetorical questions. It does not matter how we define a "smart" woman; the definition is secondary. You addressed the statement "perhaps you have not dated a smart woman. " By definition, if you dated a woman, perhaps she was not smart.

You could deny or assert this. But no, you started a discussion on what constitutes "smart" as it is pertinent to describe a woman.

In my opinion a smart woman is one who can land a space shuttle, or else a Kennedy, or who can lend and a borrower be.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > what's the best intellectual question for showing off how intelligent and attractive you are?!