Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > College guys dating high school girls?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 M.R.K._88
Msg: 1
College guys dating high school girls?Page 1 of 1    
I got a question for y'all?
What's up with college guys dating high school girls?
It's like there's no women their age at the same college campus the guys go to. And the sassy high school drama queens, it's like there's no guys their age at the same school.
They was guys my age dating girl that are still in high school and girls they're dating ain't even 18 yet. That's againest the law, and they think can get away by having sex with them and leaving them after that. To me, that's being immature, ill mannered, perverted and some other nassy stuff you can think of.
 KISS MY A$$
Msg: 2
College guys dating high school girls?
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:14:09 AM
If they are your friends call them on their shyt. Telling them what you think maybe better than ranting in a post here.

I have no idea what is up with that and of course they can find guys and girls their own age that question is obvious.

So.. If you think it's perverted, don't do it. Sometimes the best statements we can make are by power of example.
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:17:41 AM
1) women mature faster than men. So a 17 year old girl has about the same maturity as a 20 year old guy. 17 year old boys on the other hand are about as mature as a 7 year old. I don't know about you, but I personally wouldn't want to date anyone much less mature than me.

2) I'd double check the legal age of consent. Where I live it's 14. Which means the day a girl turns 14 she can leally have sex with any one she wants. It could be the college kid next door, or it could be the college professor next door.
 JasonWM
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:19:03 AM
Is there honestly a difference in a 19 year old and a 17 year old? Maybe a tiny one, but not much. Most people in that age range still live at home with their parents (or maybe one lives in a dorm - everything paid for, no bills) and they have no real life experience. There is no magical maturity gland that only kicks in on your 18th birthday. I've known 16 year olds who have been forced into the real world way too soon that I would consider much more mature and experienced in life than people 10 years older than them.

Yes, there are laws in some states, but most of them don't have this hard cutoff that says anyone 18 can't date someone under 18. There is some leeway, so it's not strictly a legal issue. It's a maturity issue and the fact is, most people in college are not much more mature than people in high school.
 Lori922
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:25:46 AM
So you've come to POF's Ask A Girl to ask US why your college friends are dating and sleeping with high school girls?

I do not know why your college friends are sleeping with high school girls...why don't you ask THEM?

southshore46
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/18/2009 9:50:15 AM
Depends on the circumstances. There is a huge difference between a 19 yr college man dating a 17 yr old high school senior vs a 22 yr old college man dating a 14 yr old high school freshman.
 titaniumbrella
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:16:22 AM
@wpg_chick_84, if women mature faster than men why do they REexperience so many bad situations over and over? Why do they not even BEGIN to learn their bodies until 30+ when men have theirs figured out before 10th grade? Why do they play with the worst men then finally say 'damn....this is the wrong path...let me go back to square one and try something different' when the men usually know the game....screw who they can and put more focus on their careers(the mature ones).

Sorry, I just see that "women mature faster" comment OVER AND OVER and it's just not true. If anything they're much slower than men...they simply have bigger egos. What's the saying...if you're the smartest(most mature) in the crowd you need a new crowd.
 celts123
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/18/2009 11:26:02 AM

Sorry, I just see that "women mature faster" comment OVER AND OVER and it's just not true.

I agree. When I was a teenager and in my early 20s, I saw plenty of women in my age bracket at the time who were immature.
 TallDarkPassionate
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/18/2009 11:31:06 AM
Women (or girls in this case) date up.

If your a high school girl, what brings you more status than dating the high school quarterback? Dating a college guy who is 'mature' and can buy his own alcohol.

So, since there is that desire for status on her part, she has to be willing to trade what he wants to get it. All other things being equal, the college guy can date hotter girls if he pursues high school girls instead of college girls.

The college girls are too busy dating up to bother with the 'college guys'. College girls are dating guys who have graduated and are further established in their lives.

It's just the way it is.
 Drummer85
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/18/2009 12:44:33 PM
It's because most girls our age won't date us.

I'm 23 and I'd be hard-pressed to find a girl my age who wants a guy my age, haha. A few years ago I was in my 3rd year or something (university), and overheard this girl telling her friend about her new boyfriend and how he was 25, and her friend was like "good for you!" It's like showing your friends your new older boyfriend is the same as showing your buddies your new young, big-busted blonde girlfriend.

Put that way, I guess there are some constants about both sexes that suck if you're not an older man or a big-breasted blonde...but we can either get older/get plastic surgery, or make do with what we have.

If only I could take my own advice!
 M.R.K._88
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:52:27 AM
This is getting kinda stupid. These high school girls are too demending, they want everthing their way. They think if the guys their age in high school, ain't gonna give it to them. The last girlfriend I had is still in high school. She's 18, me and her broke up because we didn't spend enough time with each other and hardly see each other. I was working a full time job like everyday but sunday and wednesday. I take her out to lunch on wednesdays and it was a pain in neck to take her there. She was a cheerleader and was busy in football and bastketball season, cheerleading. And she's cheerleading year around in these cheerleading events. But, she has to go out of town for those events and I was working and don't had any money to go out of town every two weeks.
Like I said, she's 18 and she acts immature. She's plays around alot like she's 12 years old again and her and her friends plays with dolls sometimes and have so much drama in their lives. That girlfriend still lives at home with her parents. When I was her age, I moved out two days after I turned 18. Her parents are strict, the girl can't even think or speak for her self, it was so sad her parents are so doing that.

I feel like I'm immature for dating her and I'm about to be 21 next week, I couldn't even take her to a nightclub or a R rated movie. I like dating college girls cause they like to party, drink, and have fun. These high school drama queens are always busy studying stuff that is not even important to learn in life. Most girls my age have their own apartments, that way I wouldn't have to deal with the parents.

And no, 15-17 year old girls don't mature like 20-25 year old men. They still their parents to baby them around.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:11:02 AM
In highschool I wasnt interested in any of the boys I went to school with. I dated guys who had already graduated and were either in college or already working fulltime. I was not into the same things as the boys my age were, bush parties, drag racing and over the top drinking were never my 'thing'.

I dont know, to me it seems normal for young ladies to be attracted to guys a few years older.
 M.R.K._88
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:24:58 AM
You're a dumbass, you don't wanna give those guys your OWN AGE a chance. Not all guys your age are immature. If they tell funny jokes or kidding around not so bad like you think, they're not immature. They just telling you they have a sense of humor.

Some guys don't girls who are young and stupid. And they have time with sassy ass high school drama queens to begin with. That high school girl I dated was a big mistake and I regrited dating her.

There's nothing wroung with bush parties, drag racing, and drinking.
 Cod57
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:33:44 AM
I dated a man in college when I was in high school. But it had nothing to do with age. I simply liked a man who happened to be a few years older than me. He was a 18 yr old college freshman at the time and I was a 16 high school junior.
 r90sboxer
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:31:31 AM
I'm guessing...just guessing mind you,but your spelling and speech characteristics........
What happened to your high school education?You know,the one that refined your skills allegedly learned years earlier in the 3rd?

And the answer is because.....they can.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/19/2009 3:10:30 PM

There's nothing wroung with bush parties, drag racing, and drinking

You are correct...if you are into those things. I am not. Never was. People are different, and I can totally see why a highschool girl would find an older man more appealing.

Has nothing to do with you. I am a girl, and I was asked why....that is my why.
 24DegreeAngel
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 3:40:46 PM
Dude you're only 20. Guys your age could have been in high school at the same time as some of the girl still there.

Age of consent here is 16... which means it's ok legally here. If you don't really like it well then there are more girls your age for you isn't there?
 benspurr
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/19/2009 3:48:45 PM
College guys date high school girls because most college girls are dating graduated guys.

In fact, most marriages I see (parents and friends' parents for example) the husband is one to three years older than the wife. The guy is seemingly always a couple years older than the girl in the more successful relationships. One year one someone can really make the difference on how mature they are, and women do in fact mature faster than men. Just because you've seen a group of squabbling high school girls being immature it doesn't make it any less true. While they're being catty, I'm sure around the corner there's a bunch of boys ripping a locker door off the wall because they find it funny.
 Neta05
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:26:30 PM
Age is nothing but a number! Women dont mature faster nor do Men mature faster, its about experience you learn through life and how you learn from your experiences, its about how the person carries themselves, women and men are both equal these days! and if your friends is having sex with a high school girl dont be mad at the guy or question him and his choices if hes your friends just give him a pack of condoms thats looking out for a friend
 dyinginside11
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/20/2009 10:52:24 AM
actually it's not against the law at all, only if they're having sex, and even then it's not illegal unless they are under 16/14 (depending on where you live).

Let em be man, it's normal to date someone a few years your junior.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > College guys dating high school girls?