Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > 2nd shift and meeting people      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wilcofan4u
Msg: 1
view profile
History
2nd shift and meeting peoplePage 1 of 1    
Hi there, I am going to be starting a new job that will be on a second shift (2pm to 10:30pm). I was curious how other people that are on that shift go about meeting others. Bars are not the place I want to meet someone and I don't think there is much open after that.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
2nd shift and meeting people
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:57:14 PM
You have the whole morning and lunch time to go 'girl-shopping'! That is actually one of the best times to go out looking for a good girl, because most of us who work and are available go to lunch, go shopping, and run all around town during those hours. It is prety much the only time during the day that we have to relax and clear our heads, and in all honesty, we are scoping out the guys during lunchtime too! So before you go to work, get on some nice clothes, fix up a bit, and go out to lunch at some of the cafes and small restaurants in your town...take a friend, male or female, and look around and see who is out there. I have met more dates during lunch than you can imagine, because that is honestly when we all are looking our best, midday, while the makeup is still good, the hair is holding up, and the wrinkles haven't set in yet! The people I have known and befriended during my adult life were of the (office-set) and totally enjoyed going out to lunch, meeting friends, and having our midday break. This has been true of all of the cities I have lived in as well as the small towns.
So go out, look nice, and head to your local downtown cafes and bistros, and see what is out there!
Good luck!
Beth
 OutMind
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:58:33 PM
Go to the parking lot of Nuclear Power Plants.
 wilcofan4u
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 3:00:00 PM
maybe i might be able to steal marge from homer, eh? dig the blue hair.
 wilcofan4u
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 3:02:58 PM
i just noticed that people want to delete this thread because it is off topic. I didnt think it was. my question refers to starting a relationship when you work an off shift. How is that off topic? correct me if i am wrong. :)
 gracengracie
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/26/2009 3:21:52 PM
Dont worry I voted it not to be deleted...lol.

Yes..you could arrange an early lunch date...its nice and less expensive than a dinner date.

Good luck and remember when there is a will, there is a way.

G.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 4:51:31 PM
Hang around POF after work... better chance of finding people who keep odd hours or also work 2nd shift.

My bf did that; I'm a night owl, so we fit his really odd work schedule better than a "9-5er and bed at 11 pm" gal would.
 Chronomancer
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/26/2009 5:06:33 PM
Meeting as in from POF or meeting as an alternative to POF? You wanna make sure and do that on your off days bud, honestly. Unless you luck out and meet someone that shares the same schedule you do. No way around it really...the best place for you if you wanna push it and start a dating regime with any woman on your work days will prolly be a trip to a Diner or an IHOP, make sure you know this diner BEFORE you schedule the date..... if you're on the east end of aurora, you know chicago never sleeps.
 SunnyMonday216
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:41:53 PM
Breakfast/Lunch really is a great time to meet others....but it's not a 'date' time. Presuming you won't be working 7 days.... you will need to save your evening off for your dates. It's hard to find the right kind of romantic interest at IHOP, if that's all you've got open. I wouldn't be too inclined to late night visits as that would feel way to booty call ish early on when getting to know someone. Tough situation.
 RandomDrew
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:48:39 PM

Go to the parking lot of Nuclear Power Plants

Really!!??? That's awesome I'm starting my job as a Nuclear Operator in 2 days. It's going to be the summer of Andrew!!!

As for the OP, many thousands of people are night owls or work similar shifts as you. Depending on where you live it may be difficult to find things open that late during the week. If you live in a fairly urban area you should be able to find lots of places such as 24 hour Gym's and ....... well I dunno you'll have to look around but all those other people that are on the same shift have learned how to have lives outside of the normal 9-5 lifestyle.
 barbee1970
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:22:20 PM
I'm on 2nd and it's not easy. We wake up at the crack of noon, seems like even on an off day. Yes, sometimes I want to eat or shop later after work and everything's closed.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > 2nd shift and meeting people