Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Sending private images to those who say must have picture      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sailingaway56
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Sending private images to those who say must have picturePage 1 of 1    
Help! How do I send my private images to someone who has, "must have a picture to contact this user"? I don't want my picture out for everyone to see, just those I am interested in! I would attach my picture along with my message but can't get past the message, "Can't contact this user without a picture"
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Sending private images to those who say must have picture
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:01:22 PM
When you upload your pictures to PoF, you have the option of making them public or private. Just upload them and make them private before you compose/send your message.
 sailingaway56
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 12:29:54 PM
I've done that but it doesn't allow me to write my message so that I can attach my picture! I get "Cannot send message to this user without a picture." I thought of temporarily posting my picture so that I can get the message through then making it private again, but it seems like too much to do each time. There has to be a way!
 Ms Taken
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 1:12:00 PM
If you don't have a public picture, you can't contact people with that mailing restriction. See Msg 3 in the thread below:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9116125.aspx
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 2:06:26 PM

I thought of temporarily posting my picture so that I can get the message through then making it private again

Unfortunately, that's the only thing you can do if you want to maintain your privacy. I could be wrong but I think it only needs to be done the first time. Once you've established communications with that person, that filter no longer applies. Only one way to find out - try it!
 Ms Taken
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 2:45:02 PM
Deliberately circumventing the filters puts you at risk of getting reported. Wouldn't it be better to respect his wishes that he not be contacted by people with no picture?
 sailingaway56
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 5:23:55 PM
But he IS getting the picture! That is my point! LOL I would attach the pic to my message!
My story is that I will be filing for a divorce very soon and I just wanted to see what is out there! Why is it that the married people out there are contacting people that are single.....that is deceiving as well! I am at least being honest (and anxious for male companionship and don't want to communicate with the married men). When I am finally free I don't want a relationship with someone who isn't!
 Magic_Fish
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:59:13 PM
Hi sailingaway56,

Please write me. I can't due to your restrictions.

Magic Fish
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:43:43 AM
The point of that restriction is that they want you to have it openly posted, they don't want it emailed.

The reason: People that are married/or are with someone post a profile with hidden pictures so that no one will know they are looking/cheating.

You openly posting your picture to the site is a little bit of extra credit towards you actually being single.
 moustachejohnny
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2009 11:43:36 AM
I'd like to know how to upload a picture. Whenever I hit the browse bar it keeps rejecting every file name I use. Thank you.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2009 4:56:47 PM

I'd like to know how to upload a picture. Whenever I hit the browse bar it keeps rejecting every file name I use.

Your pics are too small. Try uploading pics around 300 x 300 pixels.
 Dan Siego
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/10/2009 12:18:47 AM
Ask about my private photo. Will trade one for one.
 yourfutureboss
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/17/2013 8:57:50 AM
so whats the point in having private photos? what can you do with them?
 lightstar1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2013 11:15:20 AM
No point (that I can see) and absolutely nothing, at the moment...it's a left-over from the (fairly) recent rework of the site.
POF has always been 'work in progress' and it's littered with remnants of the past which serve no (current) useful function (a bit like Salisbury Plain, I guess).

oldie_but_hottie
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2013 1:04:48 PM
People who have a restrictions to only get messages from others with pictures are obviously superficial and not interested in real persons and relationships. They are not worth the effort of writing a message to IMHO, and I wish there was a filter to remove them from searches.
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/20/2013 4:14:30 PM
^^^^Really? Your profile says that your hobby is watching television. Do you do it with only the sound on and no picture?
 sandytm
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2013 6:00:10 AM

People who have a restrictions to only get messages from others with pictures are obviously superficial and not interested in real persons and relationships. They are not worth the effort of writing a message to IMHO, and I wish there was a filter to remove them from searches.

Until 3 days ago, I accepted communication from those without a photo. Every message I've received from someone without a pic has been creepy and inappropriate. The last one said in his profile that he had problems with photo theft, but if we communicate by message, he would happily forward a pic. When I asked for one, he wouldn't send it, but offered his phone number and an inappropriate comment.

Yours, oldie, is just an opinion. And a biased one at that.
 lightstar1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2013 10:19:08 AM
I'm totally relaxed about not getting images, but I'd never even consider a meet without knowing who, or what, I'm meeting.
..I've heard all the reasons for not having pics and none of them stand up (imo).
...it's possibly about time that Marcus instituted a 'no pic/no profile' clause - that would get rid of an amazing amount of time-wasters.

wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/3/2013 11:17:10 AM
^^^^ Or enlarge the existing group that have fake picture(s).
 lightstar1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2013 2:12:51 AM
^^^^^^........Google reverse image search usually pops that bubble.............

wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/4/2013 4:56:47 AM
^^^^Not if the image has only been used once. Like a one off picture of a friend etc.
 lightstar1
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2013 2:02:42 PM
Now you really are stretching credibility...............
Most idiots on here don't have the brain........

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Sending private images to those who say must have picture