Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chrylann
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I don't normally look at women's pictures on POF. But I was looking at a guy's profile and he had a post to another female that he wanted to go out with her. So, I said hmm, what makes a guy want to meet a woman. I was surprised to see in one of her pics she was in bed wearing a sexy teddy with her boobs and her butt almost hanging out.

And before any woman says, if you've got it flaunt it, I have it, but I am not posing for a Playboy centerfield on POF, and I am not looking for sex only.

Women who post pics like that, are you looking for sex only, because in my opinion, that's what men perceive when they see that type of pic posted.

Men, would you actually seriously be interested in a woman with those pics for marriage, or are you just looking for a roll in the hay?
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 2
Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?
Posted: 6/6/2009 11:33:43 AM
I wear some skimpy stuff. Why? Because I can. It does not at all mean I am looking to get laid. Because I am not. I am also not afraid to show my body. I work out hard, I eat right, and why the hell should those of us who CAN show a little skin not do it??? It takes a hell of a lot more than an e mail, a profile and a few meetings to "be" with someone at all! I can count on ON hand how many men I have been with. And I dress a few different ways. I have big tits. No matter WHAT I wear, they are going to be obvious. And really, if any person is stupid enough to just go out and hook up ( men or women) it is their issue. I do not think that is ALL that men want. I think men, like some women (myself) are visual. And if people take care of them selves and look good, have at it and enjoy it. It is how they live their life and what they do in person that will be the proof of what they want. And who the hell looks a photos for marriage??? lmfao This is not RussianBride.Com.
 DAVE632
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 11:58:29 AM
Check the profiles of the women.

Medical doctor (cute) with cottage on Lake Joseph and a private plane. Photo of her from the neck up. Favorites: 13 (Ok so only 13 guys can actually READ?)

Some trollop with photo of boobs that would be the envy of a dairy herd. 'Nuther pic of her in bed with a sliver of sheet strategically placed so the MOD can't actually BAN her. Profile suggests a grade 3 education. Posts to forums confirms near total illiteracy. Claims "children" and single. Favorites: 904

Go FIGA?

Maybe when the guy you refer to checked her as a FAV he was just trying to imprint it in his head so he'd remember who the hell he was with if he ever woke up and she was sleeping on his arm. Maybe she doesn't look even CLOSE to that after all her make-up has cracked and fallen off during the wild SEX they had the night before.

Maybe he just thought she was cute and she happened to be trying to attract the "wrong/bad" boys in here. Whatever. Why didn't you post her profile so we didn't have to comment blind.
 nightrider757
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/6/2009 12:50:55 PM
Op,,, I'm going to disagree with you a little but. For one, there is no serious dating site. This or any other one. In my opinion, the vast majority of people are here to flirt and have fun. That's why it is agreed on wisdom to not count on this as your primary source of dates. Because it will not work out. I bet we all wish it was perfect, and we could select our perfect serious mate, like we can build a custom computer on the Dell web site, but that is not the case.

So in my opinion, to be successful here, you have to keep it fun for yourself and real.

So on that end, for women who like to "show" and that's part of the fun person they are. I say have at it. Who cares how men percieve them? It's the way they are. Same for guys. If you are that super confident guy and have the abs and the Corvette. Go for the abs and Corvette shot. It's showing the real you. If you enjoy it, then you're doing the right thing. It will probably turn people off but that is good. It means your profile is working for you and weeding out people who aren't into your type.

Let's face it, there are very conservative people and then there are very non conservative people. Let the profiles reflect who we are.

Cheers
 parrothead 13
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:04:10 PM
Maybe, maybe not. If thats ALL she has then my interest, like hers most likely, would be sex only. If/when I get to the point of being serious and wanting to get seriously involved sex is only a small (but important) part of the equation.
 Zardoz451
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:10:33 PM
Another case of different strokes for different folks.

We all have our own ideas of what we want, what we want to attract and how we go about doing it.
Yes, having provocative photos will get you more 'attention' than not but, then you can still be selective about how you go about accepting that attention.
Having 300-900 'favorites' is NO indication that you've even had contact with them.
I've contacted 1 person with such a profile in the past. She was well presented (I DO read the profile, I won't contact you unless you show some maturity and intellect). No response. But, my communication was more tongue-in-cheek.
I've also communicated with 1 other person who was the same (over different /non-dating issues) and she openly stated that she had no idea why she had 300+ favs since only 3 guys contacted her at all. One word 'cleavage'.

So, yes, it's all dependent on the individual.
Some are classy ladies showing off all they've worked to acquire and presenting it openly as 'this is what I have, what do you have' sort of way.
And some are just skanky nothings who'd you not want to touch with a 10' pole due to the drama and possible diseases that could follow.

Same as with any other profile.

And one of the things about men is, we're often more visual than women.
Women tend to be more verbal.

Ask yourself, what you're attracted to. Go for that.
 Life 2.0
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:10:53 PM
I have to say that I might be interested in a woman with a boudoir type photo up, provided that she has others showing other PG rated aspects of her life.

If a woman approaches this process as an attention whore then she's disqualified. There are plenty of lesser quality men on here to fulfill her needs. Let them get together and cancel each-other out.

Personally, I make clear what I'm looking for. I am interested in profiles on women with photos that cover a couple of different facets of her personality. The sexy side is just one. Unbalanced approach to a profile strikes me as being indicative of an unbalanced approach to life and relationships.
 BigE83605
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:26:02 PM
Men are visual creatures and when cruisin through 30 photos, it catches our eye. Then I read the profile, because lets face it without initial attraction there isnt initial contact.
 danzandsing
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:29:12 PM

I wear some skimpy stuff. Why? Because I can.

Helllllllllllllooooooooooooooo, Nurse!!

I wasn't aware this was an issue. I certainly thought that people chose to be seen in exactly whatever they chose to post on their profiles. No ifs, and, or buts. Those who take issue with these sorts of things, do so in insecurity..IMO.

Danz
 majyk1
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:32:45 PM
Men are visual creatures and when cruisin through 30 photos, it catches our eye. Then I read the profile, because lets face it without initial attraction there isnt initial contact.

Hell ya, well said! Women can be the same damn way they just dont like to admit it!
What the h3ll do they think their posting picturs for?? lol
 SweetAngelChild
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:53:46 PM
This gentleman should have his own advice forum and teaching forum,... right on.
 ron62449
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 3:05:37 PM
The argument that "if they got it flaunt it" apparently has no effect on Riskitforabiscuit, sissycc, Yanink 68, and shicksababe. They are sexy and hot. !

They all also know how to dress to show their bodies, but still know how to look feminine. On top of that their smiles and eyes are beautiful. Even though Brit 33 has her picture setting on her bed, lust and sex are not on my mind because of how she's dressed – shows arms, shoulder, and legs, her smile is beautiful.

I've found a lot of others dressed/undressed seductively. Skimpy bikinis, showing off too much of their bodies just don't do anything for me and I don't think they are sexy at all. Lustful? Yes. There's one in her pink undies (maybe it cold be a bikini bathing suit) standing in front of her bed., a few laying on the bed in their panties, one visibly with no top looking for friends, yeah!. There's another wearing very little in a seductive pose on the couch, and another posed in a lacy corset (?).

Sexuality is not seductive, lusty poses, it's showing your feminity, and , well ,I just can't put it in words.

Thank you Riskitforabiscuit, sissycc, Yanink 68, and shicksababe for your good taste and sexuality.
I am a visual person, but also some one who wants to see pretty women who know how to dress. Even though I'm visual, I like to look inside them and what they think of themselves.

Ron
Ok, you can call me a **** footed wuss if you want, but I respect a WOMAN!
 jonboytn07
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:24:52 PM
In the words of Dave Chapelle, " Maam, you are right...you are NOT a whore....but you are wearing a whore's uniform. and that shit's confusing."
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:36:13 PM

In the words of Dave Chapelle, " Maam, you are right...you are NOT a whore....but you are wearing a whore's uniform. and that shit's confusing."

A lady in a whore's uniform is just my flavor. :)

Any woman who goes to the club wearing a full length dress and a turtleneck is not my type.

I've met a lot of really moral, chaste girls who dress like strumpets. Why? Because they can.

Conversely, I've met a lot of sluts with terrible body issues, who hate to show skin, and only have sex in the dark.... but have been with many, many people... who will wear a coat during the summer.

Judging someone based on how they dress is retarded.
 humptyhump1984
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:48:05 PM
Hell no I wouldn't be interested in a woman like that romantically.

I'm not going to look at a woman who's practically naked and say gee! I wonder what her interests are!

LOL!!!!
 heyyyeveryone
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:58:25 PM
I don't see a problem w/ it. She likes the attention. It also means that she's not ashamed of her body and has the courage to show it off. Yes, I would consider a woman like this for a serious relationship as long as there's more to her than this. I'm not going to judge a woman by what she chooses to wear and what pictures she chooses to take. Anyone who does so is actually shallow in some ways.
 erod10
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/6/2009 7:47:22 PM
probbaly just a roll in the hay, but if she was hot enough you never know
 Excellent_Guy
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/6/2009 8:39:43 PM
I think the OP is absolutely right. More than once I've passed on a woman's profile because her pics give the wrong impression as Dave states below.

Medical doctor (cute) with cottage on Lake Joseph and a private plane. Photo of her from the neck up. Favorites: 13 (Ok so only 13 guys can actually READ?)

Some trollop with photo of boobs that would be the envy of a dairy herd. 'Nuther pic of her in bed with a sliver of sheet strategically placed so the MOD can't actually BAN her. Profile suggests a grade 3 education. Posts to forums confirms near total illiteracy. Claims "children" and single. Favorites: 904

Man, I don't know what line of work you are in but I bet there are at least a dozen newspapers that would have an opening for you as their humor columnist. Too funny.
 Baby Blue 09
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:49:56 PM

Men, would you actually seriously be interested in a woman with those pics for marriage

Wait a minute! Hold everything!
There are actually people on here looking for someone that they could possibly marry? lol
 candid_1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:14:16 PM
To me, it's all advertising. She can show what she likes, but don't be surprised when guys send naughty or explicit emails... that's what bugs me. When they whine about it. We see it over and over in the forums, which then starts a round of "men only want sex", followed by "why women don't reply" threads (both redundent btw)...

I remember one thread posted about a woman whining men only wanted her for sex... every single shot of her was her on the bed. She wondered why men sent suggestive messages. Can you say, Duh? Not much of a mental image leap. She was fully clothed, but it was the bed and she had some serious cleavage going.

Sometimes I check out other women's profiles. One profile, I just had to check, had a head shot almost obliterated by boobs. She looked pro. On her profile, she showed a large-ish backside. She was wearing a thong... no big deal, but to me what made me go "ewhhh" was the fact that her too tight, too short t-shirt was anchored down by the straps of her thong. C'mon... IMO, there's too much scary stuff in life already. She probably thought she looked fine and "sexy". And tight btw, was enought to induce the flesh above and below the T to ooze.

None of this I say to bash or slam, but there is a limit to good taste and appropriate online material. Is it worthy of being seen or are we merely indulging ourselves? I have a cheesecake shot that has me covered from head to toe. When I first came online, I thought it fair to show the goods, but I think a lingerie shot could backfire for many reasons. Negative attention not the least of it.
 Gigglemepink
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:16:02 PM

I used to have pics posted of me wearing what looked like a flannel night gown that my granny had. you know the kind. down to the ankles, long sleeved and a turtle neck.
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 11:52:03 PM
Thank God men love me for my intellect LOL!

Yes, OP, I too have noticed that those scantily clad ladies seem quite popular with the boys. I am relieved that she has decided to take up such a position. It saves me the trouble of having to be bothered by them.

Personally I completely respect a woman's right to post photos of herself in very provocative positions with very little clothing on. I wish to have my form of expression respected and in turn I respect theirs.

But I don't think they'll get the "good men".
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/6/2009 11:56:47 PM

But I don't think they'll get the "good men".

not so fast

buyer beware....LOL!

not all can pull it off , some women just should not dare posting pics wearing skimpy clothing.

and then there are those that should be deleted on site...
 goodlistener711
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/7/2009 5:26:05 AM
No issue with sexy pics, but also don't want to read in their profile about how they just hate comments from guys thinking they are easy or out for a quick hookup. Better to save the sexy pics for when there is just one on one email.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/7/2009 5:39:59 AM
Even nice men like to see boobies...LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?