Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies: first kiss - do you prefer a guy to ask permission or take in      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Liveyourdream1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ladies: first kiss - do you prefer a guy to ask permission or take initiative & just do it? Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've heard the argument that it's more respectful to ask, and I've also heard that women prefer the guy be more assertive; that 'asking is a mood killer'.

So for the first kiss, which do you prefer: that the guy asks permission for that first kiss, or that he leans in and just does it?
 ItsMargo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ladies: first kiss - do you prefer a guy to ask permission or take initiative & just do it?
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:58:28 PM
The ideal is he reads my reaction to him accurately and just zones in on those lips.
Other than that, all of it gets figured out in the fullness of time.
 Liveyourdream1
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Ladies: first kiss - do you prefer a guy to ask permission or take initiative & just do it?
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:00:23 PM
"The ideal is he reads my reaction to him accurately and just zones in on those lips.
Other than that, all of it gets figured out in the fullness of time."

Agreed - except that sometimes signals are missed or misinterpreted.
 minako79
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:15:42 PM
spontaneous kisses is always romantic but if you date happens to be too creepy better not.
 vanililly
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:33:47 PM
Just do it when I'm snuggling against your chest and looking up into your eyes.
There. If I'm smiling, or worse, giggling and blushing..
Perfect opportunity.

No sloberring sloppies, no awkward half-kisses, no tongue-down-throat moves tho.

Take me and kiss me already.
*grin*
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:29:08 PM
Oh baby.....don't ask, just move in and make it good!!!! And then do it again!!
 buzzy9876
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:33:37 PM

Oh baby.....don't ask, just move in and make it good!!!! And then do it again!!

Which set of lips would you like me to start with?
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:39:03 PM
^^^^^oh you're bad!! But if you need some direction......
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:39:31 PM
If I dig him, I'd like him to be a bit more aggressive and just do it. However, if I'm not that into him, then its awkward if they try to initiate it. The trick is to giving them the right signals on whether we want to be kissed by them or not. Or heck, if I like someone enough, I'll kiss them first. (and hope that they wanted me to)
 chameleonf
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:42:59 PM
Just do it without asking...he'd know by my conversation and body language that I was receptive. If the guy is readable (many are not), I'd take the initiative myself - guys like to be the object of desire too dontcha know.
 RandomDrew
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:53:27 PM

Agreed - except that sometimes signals are missed or misinterpreted.

Which is why I always have a couple of beers or smoke a doobie before going in for the first kiss. It dulls the sting of the slap for those many many times when signals are crossed.
 AwP
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:55:16 PM
You need to ask permission, but you can't ask for permission in guyspeak ("Can I kiss you?") you need to ask in the girlanguage of subtle "signals". It's impossible for a male to be entirely fluent in girlanguage, but I'll teach you a "phrase" that will help you in this situation.

When you're wanting to kiss her, move your hand up and move some of her hair away from her face, this is girlanguagese for "Can I kiss you?". She'll respond with one of two things. Either she'll move her head away and fix her own hair which means "No, I'd rather you didn't right now.", or she'll stay still or lean in slightly and allow you move her hair which means "Yes please, I would very much appreciate it if you did."

You'll never be able to master girlanguage, but with practice and immersion you might be able to pick up a few more phrases.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:59:25 PM
I agree with Chameleonf, I think if you were good at reading HIS signals and knew he would welcome a kiss, it would blow his mind...plus he wouldn't have to worry about if he was understanding your signals...the conservative/traditional side of me would also agree with the guy asking you...it's kind of sweet to ask woman the first time and it would make me think he cared about making me comfortable (who knows, maybe I'm into him, yet not necessarily ready to kiss him...depends upon the situation).
 SexyKG74
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:01:51 PM
Sexy Vixen, go with your sassy spicy self...go girl!

happy_boy
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:05:27 PM
if he is shorter than you then you should kiss him first.stoop down and kiss him on the on the forehead
 silveripod
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:06:39 PM
Believe me there is nothing worse than a man just planting one on you unexpectedly. Read the body language, this will tell you if you should take the initiative. If you are not 100pc then ask first and save the embarrassment . Good Luck
 buzzy9876
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:09:34 PM

But if you need some direction

No direction needed, just your preference.
 Eclipsa
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:09:37 PM
I prefer the guy ask if he can kiss me.I like to take things slow,especially when Iam just getting to know the guy.To me,if a guy asks for my permission to kiss me it shows that he's a gentleman and that he's not after me for sex.In the past I've made the mistake of jumping into things too quickly and wound up getting burned so for now on I take things one step at a time with no expectations.The guy Iam seeing feels the same way and we've had many discussions about this.We're very happy with the way things are now.I admit that Iam ready for him to kiss me but I don't want to make him feel pressured or uncomfortable by letting him know that I want him to kiss me.When he's ready to kiss me he'll let me know.We're in no rush.
 buzzy9876
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:12:35 PM

To me,if a guy asks for my permission to kiss me it shows that he's a gentleman and that he's not after me for sex.

Boy are you freaking wrong! He is just going about in a different way.
 lovemyweims
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:36:21 PM
Which is why I always have a couple of beers or smoke a doobie before going in for the first kiss. It dulls the sting of the slap for those many many times when signals are crossed.

LMAO

OT: Just do it. I'm not a guy but that's what I do, I'd never even think to ask.
 Ms.F***ingSunshine
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:41:29 PM
okay
enough of this 'trying to read signals thing'
reading minds
reading body language..
no wonder the battle of the sexes is alive and well...

let's try something totally different..clear communication

can i kiss you?

yes!

works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 rockondon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:59:14 PM
If I catch her looking at my lips that's when I decide to go in for the kill...err...I mean the kiss.
 Divorced Broke and Bald
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:02:48 PM
Slightly off-topic...I actually don't remember what is hopefully my last first kiss. Oh, I remember it, the kiss, very very well; it is still one of those little couple moments that brings smiles to our faces on a semi-irregular basis.

I don't remember what led to our first kiss, but this much I do remember. I recall that the first night was a dizzying excitement that coloured even the quiet moments. I remember talking and laughing. Sharing and asking and wondering. I recall worrying my fly was down. I remember looking in her eyes and her, of course, in mine, and I remember getting little glimpses of her. I remember the desire to hold her. The overwhelming joy of being with her. And I remember kissing her.

But don't ask me about how it happened. I couldn't tell you. All I know is that we did.

And all I remember is that we both had a wonderful time starting to fall in love.
 abelian
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:03:24 PM
Never ask. You'll come across like Wally on Leave It To Beaver. If she wants to kiss you, she'll let you kiss her without asking. If she doesn't want to kiss you, asking won't help. If she wants to kiss you and you ask, she might change her mind because you look silly asking.

To me,if a guy asks for my permission to kiss me it shows that he's a gentleman and that he's not after me for sex.

Say what? I have news for you. Kissing is the first step on the road to sex. If you want a guy who isn't after sex, dating is not the way to find such a guy. If dating didn't have the concept of sex in it somewhere, it would be called friendship.

Motto_Bella
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:07:02 PM
I'm indifferent.. depends on the person and the moment. So, do what comes natural for you... given *the* moment!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies: first kiss - do you prefer a guy to ask permission or take initiative & just do it?