Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are men looking for in an older woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DJRower
Msg: 1
What are men looking for in an older woman?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I seem to get a surprising number of men emailing me who are substantially younger than I am. If they are more than 15 years younger I won't meet them because I don't trust their reason for being interested? Even at 15 years, I'm a bit puzzled. Do they think I'm rich and will keep them, are they envisioning Last Picture Show retakes, do they think I'm sex starved for a younger man???? What??
 TruthinessIncorporate
Msg: 2
What are men looking for in an older woman?
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:59:34 PM
I don't know about them, but I know why I'd hit on you...though you'd never see me,,damn you!

Truth, when I stand after sittin for awhile, all I hear is popping and snapping...could be all the bubble wrap I have laying on the floor though-TruthinessInc
 DocElffington
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:05:21 PM
We're not talking about the 18-25 crowd here. By your own admission, these are men roughly in their early to mid 40s.

By your pic, you look attractive and healthy/in shape. Why wouldn't they be interested?

OP: Did you make a fortune off of the healthcare industry? If no, then don't worry about it.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:07:41 PM
There are several threads on this subject. In a nutshell the general consensus is that while there are some men that are sincere most are just after sex. They even try fat broads like me.
 Whole 9 Yards
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:08:52 PM
I'm afraid some of your suspicions may be correct. That or they want to drive your m3.
 farceur
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:23:02 PM
Men enjoy sex with women. They are men. You are a woman. From this point on you are free to add anything that entertains you to think about. You might try wondering, for example, if they have not made any assumptions about the age difference precluding being good companions.
 firstbigdee_
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:49:35 PM
Men might be surprised at an older woman.....we got 'sperience.
 firstbigdee_
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:51:32 PM
And a lot more years of practicing.
 DJRower
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:22:12 AM
Ok, I'll give you a forty something year old. But why a 24 or 30 or 33 or 38 year old? I'm not being cute here, I'm trying to figure out what they might be looking for.
 slybandit
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:34:34 AM
Methinks thou art being a wee touch disingenuous, my fair one.

"Recently read David Korten's The Great Turning and am trying to figure out how to disabuse most of our population of their belief that money is the most important thing in life (although having some is nice.)"

MmmHmm. Because you reached the upper echelons in the health care field out of a quest for self-actualization and now you give generously of your intellectual acumen unto the disenfranchised in need of Enlightenment.

While it does not do so crassly, your profile does huskily whisper "I have bags of money", with references to travel all over the place and so on. The guys in question may just want to enjoy your lifestyle with you.

Also, both your photos and the references to working out several times a week give you the Mrs. Robinson angle, which is also what they are looking for, the fabled ultra-hot experienced older woman.

There is no particular reason why you should not enjoy yourself with a guy of any age (well, over the age of consent, please). Guys have been doing it for er, well, as long as records have been kept of such things. If you want a particular age limit, put it in your message settings.
 e*Musing
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:48:21 PM
First thought that comes to mind is MILF. A lot of these boys get off on believing they have "the power" to make an older woman cum...not realizing that she probably already has that ability herself.

There's also the "no BS" factor...women dating guys 15-30 years younger must be doing it for the sex, right? These boys simply don't know or want to take the time to get to know someone, so they figure that an older woman will be grateful she's getting laid, especially by a young, cool, hot guy like himself.

Then there's the "no commitment" factor...I mean c'mon...yeah he eff'd ya, but what...you want him to go to an art gallery opening with you? Why? You wanna do it in the bathroom? Cool...you're into risky sex as well.

You gotta remember OPie, that over 90% of the available adult males out there are wusses or jerks. The wusses are going to trying to get you to mercy eff with them, the jerks are going to pretend to be bad boys or men...whatever it takes to get themselves off.

Add in a couple of things like no fear of pregnancy...that she's probably not going to get into a cat-fight with his younger g/f...she's not going to be possessive or clingy...and that maybe she knows a thing or two or three about sex (especially oral) if she's liberated enough to take him up on it...and yeah...it makes sense.

Simple question to ask yourself...do you want him there in the morning...having breakfast with you...planning your day/weekend together...or do you want to drop him off at the skate park?

BBW2Love
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/12/2009 1:11:51 PM
Well OP, from your picture you look about 15 yrs younger than your real age. So that may be why you are getting all the attention from the younger guys. My girlfriend is a young looking sixty-two and she gets younger men interested in her all the time. And not just for sex. My girlfriend does not play that game.
 Txgreeneye
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/12/2009 1:48:05 PM
The reasons why some men date older women are as varied as the women themselves. These women, because of their experience, often have more wisdom and self-assurance than younger women -- perhaps they may also possess more self-reliance and tolerance.
Some men receive mentoring from older women, who have had more relationship experience and often understand men well.
Some men receive mentoring from older women, who have had more relationship experience and often understand men well. Clearer about who they are and what they want, "older women" may even have an advantage in the dating arena.
In some cases, having a relationship with an older woman may work for men who don't want children.JMO
 nicebuddy01
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:05:21 PM
Oh yes i know what you are saying and here is what i think is happening.
I had a younger girl 27 ask me out, i was taken by surprise and considered it about 5 minutes. so i politely told her that felt we would be better off as friends, she was OK with that and then said well how about "friends with benefits". after a long discussion and frustration, i asked her why she would want that type of relationship with me, So she told me that that is the new rage with the younger crowd, and that since i was older that i could tech her sex stuff! I told her that dating is not about what she wants and that there are books she could read to learn.

I 'm thinking that maybe what is going on, I know some women that i date are a bit older by only 5 years and some i have talked to want a younger man to keep up with them in bed. so i don't date many women because i feel they need to be more in my age range or compatible to my interests. so the answer would be SEX and EXPERIANCE
 TallDarkPassionate
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:07:15 PM
Older women bake better cookies, and always have candy lying around in jars. That's my experience.
 celts123
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:12:11 PM
Several possible reasons.

1. Some men want an older woman just for sex.
2. Some men feel that they are generally more compatible with older women.
3. Some men will go after any woman that is at least somewhat attractive regardless of age.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:56:16 AM

Older women bake better cookies, and always have candy lying around in jars. That's my experience.

No, we don't--cookies and candy are fattening and most men don't like fat women of any age.

Methinks thou art being a wee touch disingenuous, my fair one.

Methinks so, too.

While it does not do so crassly, your profile does huskily whisper "I have bags of money", with references to travel all over the place and so on. The guys in question may just want to enjoy your lifestyle with you.

While this might be true for the OP, I am a middle-class, part-time college instructor with no extra money, and I get approached by the young crowd, as well.

From my experience with younger men, some look at the woman rather the age, but there is the huge lure that has already been mentioned: experience, lack of worry about pregnancy, etc.

As far as physical compatibility, there are many young women who are out of shape and overweight--being older doesn't rule out being attractive or a lack of sexuality/sexiness.

There is no particular reason why you should not enjoy yourself with a guy of any age (well, over the age of consent, please). Guys have been doing it for er, well, as long as records have been kept of such things.

Awomen.

Simple question to ask yourself...do you want him there in the morning...having breakfast with you...planning your day/weekend together...or do you want to drop him off at the skate park?

It's the same question that I ask myself when I am with an older man: Do I want him there in the morning or do I want to drop him off at the golf course, see him off in his bass boat, or wave good-bye as he putts away on his midlife crisis Goldwing?
 Michaelann
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/14/2009 2:31:03 PM
After reading your profile, I noticed one thing, OP. You lead a much more active lifestyle than the majority of women your age, hell even more than the majority of women MY age!
When I was single & looking, I also tended to attract younger guys, perimarily because of my interst in whitewater rafting, bicycling, swimming, ice-skating & dancing.

I would assume that most men do vague age/location saearches at first & if they aren't meeting the right woman, will probably do more "interest compatibility: searches. I know
that's what I did. So that might explain it. Or it might be the picture. You definitely don't look your age, even though it is a touch blurry.
 bklynrebel
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/14/2009 2:50:05 PM
I get curious about this too. I'm 61 and a man in his early forties contacted me. I mentioned that there was a big age gap and he replied that he "always" dates older women. That just made me feel suspicious, like he's another guy looking for a no strings attached type of relationship, and maybe "older" women seem easy to him, like we're desperate or something. Well, I definitely come with "strings attached".
 ruffian2
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/6/2009 10:58:12 AM
I get men as young as 18 emailing me and I can guarantee that they don't want a relationship with me. They simply want sex anywhere they can get it. These men are emailing you, me, the 18 year-old-girl and her grandma, it's really nothing personal they take what they can get.

Also, they think any woman over the age of 35 is desperate for companionship and would be more appreciative of their company.
 bwana217
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 11:04:42 AM

I seem to get a surprising number of men emailing me who are substantially younger than I am. If they are more than 15 years younger I won't meet them because I don't trust their reason for being interested? Even at 15 years, I'm a bit puzzled. Do they think I'm rich and will keep them, are they envisioning Last Picture Show retakes, do they think I'm sex starved for a younger man???? What??

If they're that much younger, it's doubtful that they've even seen The Last Picture Show.

However, have you considered the possibility that they just think they might like you, and the reason you get so many is simply due to the normal curve? I myself do not care much about age, and I have lovers from 19 to 61.
 zapped
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/6/2009 11:27:30 AM
who knows they are attracted to you because at your age you still look hot?
Lots of experiences in life,being financially stable, etc?
I dont think they are looking for sex.I think something on you that looks appealing to them.
Take that as a compliment.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:04:29 PM
These are guys who are so desperate they're willing to settle for even an old trot because they think you're so old and undesirable you must also be desperate and "hard up for it".
 curlytop2
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:36:28 PM
I was getting messages from younger men and wondered why. Then an insightful person recommended I look at my preferences and I discovered that although I thought I had set them, they were at the default age range of 19 to 100. Hah!

Looking hot for your age may be the real reason, but I thought I'd mention it.
 grizzz12
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:45:32 PM
One reason: SEEMS like after a woman finds out after marrying it is not life everafter. Once hurt she may become comfortable with kids, friends, work--& not willing to risk again.
Thus the mentlity of younger women is uplifting, fun,with hope, let's take a chance--I don't have all the answers--OBVIOUSLY

Input Please.............
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are men looking for in an older woman?