Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > He Calls Me Every Day...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lolastarsandstripes1
Msg: 1
He Calls Me Every Day...Page 1 of 1    
Ok, just had a question for the guys...so if you had a best female friend, would you call her every single night before you went to bed if you didn't have some sort of feelings for her? I mean, most guys don't really do that, right?
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 2
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:32:56 AM
Might do fror a period of time around some "crisis" but as a rule no.

They fancy each other or have substituted this for a sexual relationship.
 bklynrebel
Msg: 3
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:56:49 AM
Why don't you just ask him how he feels about you.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 4
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:30:20 AM
I had the same situation with a male "friend".
It went on for a year. I decided he was trying to keep me
on the string somehow emotionally by sending mixed signals and finally cut him off
except for once every week or two for a brief chat.
He wants you to come to depend on those calls would be my guess.

oldskool67
Msg: 5
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:34:53 AM
no, I wouldn't be calling you everyday.

what you have is a wimpy/whiney/stalker type that is afraid to ask you on a date and trying to play the "friend" hoping sooner or later you will take the initiative. He knows he is on the friendship ladder with you but his feelings are probably more than friendship.

Good Luck.
 Mustang065
Msg: 6
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:38:31 AM

Ok, just had a question for the guys...so if you had a best female friend, would you call her every single night before you went to bed if you didn't have some sort of feelings for her? I mean, most guys don't really do that, right?

Not sure that I understand the meaning of your question. By "feelings" are you referring to romantic feelings? Best friends of the opposite sex often have romantic feelings. Nothing abnormal about this. The good thing is that when they are your best friend the feelings usually run deeper then romantic. If only all romances started out as "best friends" .
 Prednisonegirl
Msg: 7
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 7:29:50 AM
I had a chiropracter friend who was a cancer survivor as myself. We talked every night for one year while I was undergoing chemotherapy. After I was done with the chemo and cancer free...the phone calls whaned. Now we just talk a few times a year...just to check in with each other.

Have another friend going thru a divorce. We talk about 4 x a day.

I think the phone calls for me were non-romantic. They were just a season in my life. Is your friend in turmoil right now? Are you in turmoil right now? Sometimes stress can draw people together. Just ask your friend why you talk every night if you have no clue as to why. Sometimes asking can give you the answers you seek.

Good luck!

PS:
EDIT FOR PS: I forgot to add...if I initiated a sexual relationship, I am sure both male friends would have taken me up on it. I just wasn't interested in that sort of relationship....so I stayed with just phoning and chatting daily.
 celts123
Msg: 8
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:14:19 AM
I don't think I would call any friend every day. Unless they were going thru some rough times in their life. Divorce, death of a family member etc.
 really1972
Msg: 9
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:37:02 AM
I talk to a few of my friends everyday. I was very good friends with a woman a few years ago. No romantic intentions we just got along great.We would talk every night before bed. It was comforting. We were both single and its always nice to have someone to say goodnight to. I miss that now.
 jimmorrison4
Msg: 10
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:10:11 AM
If a guy can handle talking to a female EVERY day, without having the occasional feeling to strangle her, then he's your friend.
 gatorsz
Msg: 11
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:23:33 AM
No.. I wouldn't call anyone, every single nite, if I didn't have feelings for her.
Class dismissed.
Seriously though, sounds like he's just hoping there's a relationship there somewhere. I feel bad for the guy. (That is if you have no feelings towards him).
 artist_48
Msg: 12
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:24:13 AM
i can only turn the tables and say that my best guy friend and i talk about every week or two weeks. we talk a while. wouldn't be a problem if he called daily. he sends emails in between calling about 2-4 times a week.
if you got a guy calling you every day i think that's great. sounds like he may have interest in you, but i never make assumptions. if you want to know- ask.
 JP1111
Msg: 13
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:41:55 AM
Regardless of if he does have feelings for you, you should simply mention to him that you have noticed more and more connection in your friendship and ultimately, you are happy the way things are and you would not want to level.
 buzzy9876
Msg: 14
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:46:50 AM

would you call her every single night before you went to bed if you didn't have some sort of feelings for her? I mean, most guys don't really do that, right?

I have a very close, non-sexual g/f. We don't talk to each other but once a week. Nor do I want the dailing calling thing with anyone. However, you can come over and bang me everyday, just leave when you are done.
 Anitagoodman
Msg: 15
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:49:12 AM
Smacks of the movie "You've got Mail"..maybe he is hoping something will develop from the nightly calls.
 northernbill
Msg: 16
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:56:54 AM
no we dont.if he doesnt have romantic feelings for you then he must be.....well you know
 jimmorrison4
Msg: 17
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:58:54 AM
That's true. Are you sure he's not your gay best friend?
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 18
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:01:16 PM
Why don't you just ask your friend?

Asking a bunch of random guys what your friend is thinking is like asking a bunch of random guys if someone else finds you attractive.

Go to the source.
 DocElffington
Msg: 19
view profile
History
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:16:35 PM
I'd say.....

Bottomline is: He either wants to get in her pants.

Or he's gay.
 abelian
Msg: 20
He Calls Me Every Day...
Posted: 6/13/2009 1:05:47 PM
I have a best femal friend. We call each other all the time. She's married and we have zero romantic interest in each other.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > He Calls Me Every Day...