Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys suddenly ignore you after you have been talking to them o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crbloom85
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do guys suddenly ignore you after you have been talking to them on more than one occassion?Page 1 of 1    
This has happened to me several times. I will talk to a guy maybe once or twice. I think that we have some things in common, and then, he disappears. Am I being too vague in my profile? Do guys not like it when girls are assertive and call them or give out their phone number? Please help?
 chrispickles
Msg: 2
Why do guys suddenly ignore you after you have been talking to them on more than one occassion?
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:03:03 PM
i suggest you become a lesbian. men are worthless creatures only here to torture you fine women. men are pigs who only care for themselves.
oh, and to answer your question, yes guys love it when a woman makes a move on them. it makes a man feel wanted/needed. this is what men really want, to be needed and wanted. we just want to feel like we exist in this world. but like i said, better off becoming a lesbian.
Why do guys suddenly ignore you after you have been talking to them on more than one occassion?
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:08:36 PM
my guess, he just lost interest for some reason or found someone more interesting. that's life in the on-line dating world. i wouldn't worry too much about the reasons and just focus your attention on the ones that do stay interested.
 SassySky
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:09:53 PM
OP you have been here less than a month and you have had this happen several times already.. Gee you work fast for what about 2 weeks.

I did look at your profile, and to be perfectly honest the blurb you have about people not looking for a match sounds really negative and well off putting to me. Also text, is a huge turn off to most of us. I have horrible spelling and grammar skills and yet I strive to be understood Use spell check or Document to put some sentence structure on the profile. Also there is a whole forum for profile reviews.

When I first start talking to a guy if I talk to him 2x in a week that is alot neither one of us is doing the houdini act. We are just busy.

If the position was reversed and you were a guy, I would say cool your jets you way in too much of a hurry this isn't burger king...

Welcome to POF and good luck to you.
 outdoorsy_guy1
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:33:31 PM
Guys are dopey...I know, I am one. We tend to lose interest in women for a variety of reasons...just realizing there isn't much there...the woman seeming a bit desperate...could be anything...don't try to figure out why, just move on. However if you're giving your # after talking twice, that does seem a bit soon, try waiting, maybe they think you're desperate.
 Huntington24
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:37:42 PM
You gotta grab a mans attention..we have to want to talk to you.
 Frumph
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/19/2009 11:42:57 PM
If i'm the last person to send you a message I expect you to be the first person to write a message back.

If you dont, then I figure you've moved on to talking with someone else and are not interested.
 WackMC
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/20/2009 2:14:00 AM
This has happened to me several times.

What? Oh no, really? (sarcasm).

A guy has been through this 100 times before he turns 10. Really. Like the guy posted above -- we keep trying to get women to notice us, but it's like we are not even in the same world.

How can you dare to call yourself "assertive" if some guy disappears after two calls? Didn't you call back? Didn't you ask him on a date? Didn't you speak to his mom or sister and get the real deal on what makes this guy tick?

You didn't?

Oh...well then you're just like every other one-call-wonder these guys ever met. You didn't show any interest at all. You thought just by answering the phone you job was done and the guy was supposed to do EVERYTHING ELSE until you said "I do."

There is ONE and only ONE true lesson you can take home from a romantic comedy movie. The woman has to make an extra-ordinary effort to win the guy.

EXTRA - ordinary. You see....MORE than the ordinary effort is involved. That is true of any romance. Did Juliet just sit at home waiting for mail from Romeo, or did she work her pastor like Dr. Phil to arrange the hook-up? Did Bonnie tell Clyde she didn't want to go for a drive? Did Charlie's Angels not do high-kicks to get their jobs?

If you think sitting like a bump on a log is going to get you your man, I invite you to go out back of your home and just sit there...and see what happens.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 2:21:37 AM

Did Juliet just sit at home waiting for mail from Romeo

Nah... she killed herself.

Just sayin'....
 seekndestroy
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 3:51:30 AM
"Why do guys suddenly ignore you after you have been talking to them on more than one occassion?"

probably for some of the same reasons women do....
 hellgremlin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 3:56:08 AM

Nah... she killed herself.

Just sayin'....

Hey, at least that was pretty assertive of her.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 6:15:24 AM

This has happened to me several times. I will talk to a guy maybe once or twice. I think that we have some things in common, and then, he disappears. Am I being too vague in my profile? Do guys not like it when girls are assertive and call them or give out their phone number? Please help?
Someone else just asked about this. Many guys don't consider phone calls, texts, or emails, as personal communication, and their brains only register personal meets. Talk to a guy, but only once or twice, and not for long, until a date has been arranged. If you have had 2 long conversations and no date, then he'll see that it's not going anywhere and his interest will likely peter out, even if he wants a relationship. Now, not everyone is exactly like that, but lots of men are, and enough that it causes you problems.

By all means talk, but 1-2 phone calls / texts / emails, and by the end of the 2nd one, make sure you've arranged a date. If no date, then move on, and treat it as though he got to know you, decided it wasn't going anywhere, but was too polite to say you weren't his type. Men can be subtle too.
 taelus9781
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/20/2009 6:29:35 AM
Because we got distracted by something shiny.
Because we got hit by a bus.
Because we suddenly won the lottery, have moved to Greece and are now dating 3 supermodels who like to share.

Who knows? The reasons are as varied as what your imagination can come up with. And if they're not interested, move on. It's doubtful they were "the one" because, well, if they were, they wouldn't left.
 promises09
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/20/2009 7:39:39 AM
I appreciate the responses from the guys, they were pretty humorous. My daughter tells me I have no business on the internet because I am too old fashioned. I'm staying on anyway because I am learning a lot and having a lot of fun in the process. : ) I have talked with and met a few men and out of them all there were two that I had a genuine interest in and darn it that interest was not returned. My response to that is "oh well", it wasn't meant to be and my advise to you is don't let the rejection discourage you, look at it as a stepping stone and keep going. Have fun, get out and do things with your girlfriends.
 sui_generis13
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/20/2009 7:56:24 AM
If that's true that he just lost interest, why then do some wait weeks, months, and yes, even years and then contact the woman again? They do this nonchalantly as if no time had passed at all.
 massgal75
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/20/2009 8:11:41 AM
It's the nature of internet dating. It happens very often. It may have nothing to do with anything you said or did. He could be married, went out with another woman that he thinks is more attractive, not over an ex-girlfriend, a flake, not honest about his looks, looking for an ego boost etc

If that's true that he just lost interest, why then do some wait weeks, months, and yes, even years and then contact the woman again? They do this nonchalantly as if no time had passed at all.

Most likely they were dating / talking to another woman. When things didn't work out with her, they went back to you.
 sui_generis13
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/20/2009 8:30:45 AM
Thanks. You said it happens often. That helps me to know I'm not alone with that one :)
 Joyfulgirl721
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/20/2009 8:38:52 AM
Sucks, but....He's just not that into you.
 sui_generis13
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/20/2009 8:46:41 AM
Thanks, but that wasn't my question.
 trishy damn it
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:19:22 AM
[Did Juliet just sit at home waiting for mail from Romeo]
[Nah... she killed herself]

You're a funny one 8soldierfalcon8
 crbloom85
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 5:33:07 PM
thanks for the advice...the juliet thing really made me laugh...um sassysky..obviously u didn't look at my join date well..i haven't been on here less than a month..it was june of 2008 that I joined..its 2009...i have been on here about a year..so i don't move fast...and the blurb I have about finding a match..was put there after months of talking and meeting guys just wanting to sleep with me on the first date..i am not a mean person..
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys suddenly ignore you after you have been talking to them on more than one occassion?