Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Dealing with a buckeye girlfriend? (Hypothetical)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Husker Freak
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Dealing with a buckeye girlfriend? (Hypothetical)Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I got to thinking about this tonight. In the grand scheme of things this should not be an issue. Lets say I meet a great lady that is a buckeye fan. How do I go about handling those 11 - 12 Saturdays?

My thoughts are this. If there is a not a time conflict with the Huskers it would not be an issue. Now if there is a time issue would you have an issue if I were to tell you. "Honey would you mind if you could watch the Buckeyes game at your friends or would it be OK if I can take off to watch my Huskers somewhere?

How would you handle this if I were in your shoes?
 climbsagain
Msg: 2
Dealing with a buckeye girlfriend? (Hypothetical)
Posted: 6/21/2009 4:39:34 AM
How would you handle this if I were in your shoes?

Which is more important? Your enjoyment from watching a GAME? Or your love for a special person? You answer the question in your own way. Remember a game. A game with guys running around pretending the game means something other than .............a game!
 The Itch
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:03:11 AM
It could be worse.....she could be a Michigan fan.

The GM,
...Le Itch
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:11:49 AM
you could always go out to a sports bar together and watch both games together. or if you two are in a good monogamus relationship with alot of communication it shouldnt be an issue. you both would understand how important saturdays are to each of you and if you cant watch the games together, i dont see a problem you or her doing different things on that saturday and meeting up after the game. if you have a solid relationship this shouldnt by no means be a problem in my eyes.
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:27:33 AM
climbsagain, no offense, but obvious your not a sports fan. husker football and buckeye football to a die hard fan is more then just guys running aroung pretenting they care. what is so different from your enjoyment of climbing then someone who enjoys their teams games. you wouldnt want a woman that meets you have you make a decision on climbing or her. you shouldnt have to give up what you love to do know more then what we love to do. different strokes for different folks. honestly climbsagain, would you give up climbing if your woman wanted you to?
 *Angelsmils4u*
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 10:10:25 AM
I hope you gentlemen don't mind a womans point of view....I totally agree with kingrock...both go to a sports bar to watch both games....there is no harm going seperate ways to watch a game....I would tell my man, go have fun & enjoy, see ya when the game is over... I'm not going to watch him be miserable because I want my way to watch my game and I'm sure not going to be miserable and miss my game so he's happy...it's called 50/50
 *Angelsmils4u*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 10:10:44 AM
I hope you gentlemen don't mind a womans point of view....I totally agree with kingrock...both go to a sports bar to watch both games....there is no harm going seperate ways to watch a game....I would tell my man, go have fun & enjoy, see ya when the game is over... I'm not going to watch him be miserable because I want my way to watch my game and I'm sure not going to be miserable and miss my game so he's happy...it's called 50/50
 *Angelsmils4u*
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 10:12:02 AM
 *Angelsmils4u*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 10:13:39 AM
sorry about the double post...no idea why it did that
 imagination08
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 6:22:52 PM
Look again gigls,,,,,that was a "triple double" post ,,,,you just set a new forum record
 climbsagain
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:29:39 PM
you shouldnt have to give up what you love to do know more then what we love to do. different strokes for different folks. honestly climbsagain, would you give up climbing if your woman wanted you to?

I have only dated women that climb for a number of years. I date women that share the same interests that matter to me. If a game is so important date someone that follows the same team..sounds simple?
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:48:38 PM
if i dated a woman who liked football, that is a common interest. ther are alot of football teams just like there are alot of rocks or mountains to climb. i would be doing myself a diservice if i narrowed it down to one certain team. just as you would if you narrowed it down to one particular mountain in a certain area. that other person may like to climb a differnt mountain then you but you will still have a great relationship because its a common interest.
 climbsagain
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:52:05 PM
if i dated a woman who liked football, that is a common interest. ther are alot of football teams just like there are alot of rocks or mountains to climb. i would be doing myself a diservice if i narrowed it down to one certain team. just as you would if you narrowed it down to one particular mountain in a certain area. that other person may like to climb a differnt mountain then you but you will still have a great relationship because its a common interest.

I have yet to say no to climbing anything a girl friend wanted to climb> Your talking about teams that play a game.
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 8:15:49 PM
im talking about activities we both enjoy together... you like climbing ,i like sports. ive never said no to a woman who wanted to watch the game either. i can have as much fun watching two teams play with a woman as you do climbing with a woamn. to each his own... again different strokes for different folks.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 9:57:47 PM
Is professional Sports that important?

& the attachment to the team... is it because, you are from there, had lived there, went to school there, actually played for the team, or just plain liked the logo/color of their helmets?
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 10:54:41 PM
yes, sports whether it be professional or college is important to some. its an outlet, a passion, something for the sports minded individual to relive his competitve past. the opportunity for some to witness players or teams compete at the highest level and try and win the ultimate prize can get ones juices flowing, especially if you had played the game at the amateur level and realize how hard it really is and know the dedication it takes to be that good and compete at that level. sports also brings people together at bars, parties, tailgating, and another avenue to meet people. and the attachment to the teams comes from what you stated above, except from the color of the helmets.
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:15:41 AM
My friend Kingrock has hit the nail on the head here, sports are for everyone and you and your girl need to come to some sort of a compromise, great test of the relationship BTW. There are plenty of ways to do this. Go to a good sports bar where they have both games on make a day of it. You may not sit together but you are there and during breaks in the action can talk, kiss, hug or whatever ya want. The only way I see this situation being a dealbreaker is if she doesn't want to compromise, then it has nothing to do with the sports teams and everything to do with lack of effort. Good luck Husker and Go Buckeyes. Sorry went to THE Ohio State.
 climbsagain
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/22/2009 10:26:50 AM
Perhaps the question is why would any women want to date a guy that needs advice to realize that relationships are about compromise. What will he do when they decide to go out to eat? He can always post a thread and ask for every ones advice?
 wildbill5891
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:29:17 PM
Well if she is a diehard buckeye fan like my family and she bleeds scarlet & gray, you
need to mark those 12 Saturdays off of the calendar.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:57:54 PM
My neighbors are into this collegeic sports thing big time, but I still don't understand or get it.

<div class="quote"> yes, sports whether it be professional or college is important to some. its an outlet, a passion, something for the sports minded individual to relive his competitve past. the opportunity for some to witness players or teams compete at the highest level and try and win the ultimate prize can get ones juices flowing, especially if you had played the game at the amateur level and realize how hard it really is and know the dedication it takes to be that good and compete at that level. sports also brings people together at bars, parties, tailgating, and another avenue to meet people. and the attachment to the teams comes from what you stated above, except from the color of the helmets.

TY for your reply Kingrock, not to say this is wrong but I had only a brief opportunity of partaking in this form of male bonding, which comprized of a season of Sunday Fish Frys & watching Steelers highlights. Yes, I had played both Baseball & football in organized leagues while growing up. Somewhere along the line I have lost interest in this, as it's become more of a business than sport, especially Football where I have not sat & watched a complete game since 1987, miss it?, not really. I've found more productive ways to spend Sundays! ... as for the rest of TV sports Cable has gotten it's hooks into it & monopolized it, further degrading my interest. (I don't subscribe to Cable TV).

I used to enjoy playing Golf, until it became a rich mans social event over a sport. I'm not one of these pussies that rents a cart either, that takes all the fun out of it. Now to watch golf, I'd rather have my gums scraped twice a week, boring!

& I think most women take an interest in sports to pick up guys! Whaddya think??
 climbsagain
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:11:55 AM
The original question is really a question of the individuals level of commitment. If they are so devoted to the team why would the question arise in the first place/ If they were to be so devoted to a women why would it arise? Appears that this person needs to be convinced? Of a conviction?
 imagination08
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 7:29:00 PM
DesertFox hit the one word I really liked,,,,"PASSION",,,, if my girl friend loves Texas and I like OSU,,,,,cool,,,I would support her passion no matter what, as I would hope she'd support mine, it doesn't have to be teams or even sports at all. Every body should have a "passion" about some thing in life. Sharing ones passions with that special person in your life is the greatest feeling, thats the give-in-take gigles was talking about.

Hey, maybe buckeyegal1963 can comment on this buckeye stuff she has a real passion for writing!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:07:35 PM
Hmmm I guess I lost my passion a long time ago, eh?
 Ellyanna
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 2:36:55 PM

The GM,
...Le Itch

^^^^^^ Perfect response
 climbsagain
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/26/2009 5:05:12 AM

No , they could be an Ohio State fan! Imagine falling in Love with a person that loves to choke......................I mean lose the big game ! Easy choice there....walk away from both! No......best to run as fast as you can, do not look back!
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Dealing with a buckeye girlfriend? (Hypothetical)