Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Can you block someone from seeing you at all?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Babe911GT2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Can you block someone from seeing you at all?Page 1 of 1    
I dated another member briefly and things didn't work out. When we started dating I hid my profile. When things didn't work out I activated my account again. When he found out he sent me a nasty message, THEN added me as one of his fav's, I can only assume to check when I'm on. This kinda creeps me out. Is there any way I can totally block him from seeing me at all? I blocked him from messaging me but does that cover not seeing my activity?
Thanks!!
 Babe911GT2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can you block someone from seeing you at all?
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:34:23 PM
Also, when I checked who has me as a fav, he's not listed....??? I'm kind of confused...sorry....
 Lori922
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:39:20 PM
Once you blocked him that took you off his favs list and he will not be able to add you again. The only time he will now see you is if you show up in his searches and stuff...or as someone that previously viewed his profile. He will not be able to check your log in times like he did when you were on his favs.

Beware that he can start a new profile at any time and re-add you...
 the_humormonger
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:42:08 PM
when you blocked him from messaging you, he was simultaneously deleted from your "who loves me" list. he will not be able to add you again (unless he creates a new profile).

you can't prevent anyone from seeing your profile, if it is visible. visible to one means visible to all. hidden from one means hidden from all.
 Babe911GT2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 6:36:27 PM
Thanks ladies!!!! Good to know!!! Whew!!
 pazoozoo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 5:14:36 PM
I've wondered about this, also. I know about hiding profiles, but you can still access those from the forums.

There are a couple of users I can't access at all. I know their accounts are active because they post in forums. They wouldn't have put a block on me specifically because they would have no way of knowing I was trying to look at their profiles. Just one more little oddity.
 JessieB.74
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/24/2009 6:55:10 AM
the unfortunate side, when they removed the option for you too see who has you on their favorites, they removed your ability to remove him to accomplish what you want. It was great before, now you are at his mercy. All you can do is block him if he writes you.
 James Bottomtooth III
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/24/2009 7:40:07 AM

the unfortunate side, when they removed the option for you too see who has you on their favorites, they removed your ability to remove him to accomplish what you want. It was great before, now you are at his mercy. All you can do is block him if he writes you.

You can still see who has added you to thier list.

Inbox | My Matches | Sent Msg | Profile: View Edit | Images | Mail Settings | Favorites | Viewed Me (click favorties)

After you click there you will see the below line of text appear near top of page.

Find out who has selected you as a favorite! Testimonials from favorites Favorite Updates
 JessieB.74
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/24/2009 7:45:08 AM
OK so they removed it from your profile page where it was easily accessible. Thank you.
 Down2Earth2You
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:14:42 AM
I am pretty sure that a person can go into the mail settings in their profile and choose if they want people to know you have viewed their profile. So if you haven't changed your mail settings and you viewed someone's profile, they definately would know you viewed them and vice versa.

Also, I think that when someone blocks you from messaging, it blocks you from viewing their profile too. I have heard this. What do you think? I have no idea.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:40:10 AM

Also, I think that when someone blocks you from messaging, it blocks you from viewing their profile too.

Wrong. The only thing blocking does is to disallow that person from sending you a message; that's it. They can still see your profile and they can still see your posts in the forums.
 longhaired_girl
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:23:22 PM
I think it would be great to have blocking as an option, any time. Just insert the user's name, and they're blocked from contacting you, period. Why not? They don't have to know, it's the internet. I just don't want to have to see them. Hopefully blocking them would keep them from coming up on your matches too. It doesn't seem to be that difficult of a task, other sites do it.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:54:14 AM
^^^ Sorry blocking only blocks communication in the future. They still see you. You still see them.

Based on THAT you are not eliminating anyone from your matches or searches so why block them?

Focus more on messaging people you DO want to meet and quit worrying about blocking someone that has never even messaged you. This is a FREE site. They are not trying to make this easier and more efficient for you really. They want you here clicking away as long as possible.

Cowboy
 Northern-Star
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:11:39 PM
I had a similar problem on another site, I aquired a cyber stalker, who set up different profiles to try and trick me into meeting him - he tried to become who I wanted, not who he was and then turned nasty. For this reason I left that site and joined this one, now I feel scared to add a picture to my profile for chance he is on this site too. Is there a way of having private photos only that you can unlock for people you are interested in?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:03:26 PM

Is there a way of having private photos only that you can unlock for people you are interested in?
Yes you can have private photos you can include in messages you send. Go to your "images" link. Pretty self explanatory.

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Can you block someone from seeing you at all?