Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > POF "Date Night" feature - Is It Working for You?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WackMC
Msg: 1
POF "Date Night" feature - Is It Working for You?Page 1 of 1    
I was unaware of this feature until just recently -- this last week.

For those women who have added their names to this list, has it been helpful, or does it only generate a wave of emails from horndogs and jerks?

Success stories, anyone?
 Lori922
Msg: 2
POF Date Night feature - Is It Working for You?
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:48:53 PM
It just started this past week. So, this past Friday night was the first time anyone could have used it.

Great question though if anyone did take the chance on it.

Pitch Blease
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:59:06 PM
I signed up like Pavlov's dog, but didn't go out with anyone. Mainly cause I had plans. I know, I'm such a tease. I had about 8 pages of emails on Saturday morning. I talked to 5 of the guys. None interested me because they can't even carry on a phone conversation. There was no way I was going to meet them. But I get bored easily with a lot of people. So if you complain about not getting any email, sign up. Anyway, off to sign up again.

VV Wack, Like I said, I already had plans for Friday. When you sign up, it says "want to date on Friday". then you add yourself to the list. I signed up on Friday morning. I was only on there for a couple of hours since they delete your name supposedly at 2pm on Fridays. I didn't check my mail until Saturday. That's why I had all that mail.

Sign up...you're a big boy. I'm sure you can handle it. What's the worse that can happen?
 WackMC
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/21/2009 6:11:16 PM
Maybe I'm not CLEAR on the CONCEPT, but.... ....aren't you supposed to get the email out of the way BEFORE Friday, so that you have a date set up?

I mean, Saturday morning, the date night has passed -- you should be getting callbacks and flowers, maybe even breakfast, but not first emails.

Am I lost on this...???

=============================

I would say that my FEAR is that this feature could become the new camping ground for all those spurned Craigslist prostitutes.....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:43:56 PM
Is there some reason it has to be a Friday? I don't care either way, just wondering why the picked that day.
 RushLuv
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:55:20 PM
Nope. Haven't tried it and not gonna.
 KISS MY A$$
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/21/2009 8:12:24 PM
What's this about??? I missed something? Where do you sign up and what for?

What's a date night feature?
 prurire
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/21/2009 8:29:16 PM
I would but I work every Friday night.

Too bad it isn't "Want a date this Weekend" instead of just Friday.

If you go to your in box, it is right above it with all the other clickable links.
 artist_48
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/21/2009 8:41:54 PM
CHILL,
Click on mail and look at the upper tool bar to the far right- "Date Night"- click on it and it will show you who has signed up for dating that week.
 KISS MY A$$
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/21/2009 8:51:10 PM
I just did and there were only 5 guys there within 50 miles of me

and 3 of them had already contacted me at one time or another!!
 WackMC
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/21/2009 9:41:34 PM
I think you accidentally clicked on "Meet A Creep". Try again.
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/22/2009 12:02:26 AM
I've looked at it (didn't add my name), but really didn't see anyone I'd want to go out with that quickly. No one who made my socks roll up and down. Maybe if I got to know them a bit.

Also, many of them had contacted me already and ruled themselves out of the game.

Too bad it isn't "Want a date this Weekend" instead of just Friday.

I agree with this. Fridays are usually killer at my job and I'm typically not full of energy by the time I get home after fighting traffic.
 davdo
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/22/2009 1:31:28 AM
Oh like any lady here would contact a guy first, let alone go on a date with one!! We are all creeps or rejects, and why does it have to be Friday!! I guess there is no possible way that you could just see who wants to go out and schedule another day. No POF says all dates must be on Friday we cannot defy the Matrix can we. It's kind of funny usually the guy's on Ask-a-girl are the whiny negative ones.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 3:24:44 AM

POF "Date Night" feature - Is It Working for You? For those women who have added their names to this list, has it been helpful, or does it only generate a wave of emails from horndogs and jerks?

No, I haven't signed up for that at all - and won't. I think signing up for Friday night date night would somewhat trap you into having to say "yes" to one of the other attendees. I'd feel like a rat in a drain.
 Lori922
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/22/2009 3:28:31 AM
I've looked at the list just for fun and there was like 3 dudes on it.

You don't have to go out Friday night... if you sign up, your name is on the list until 2p.m. Friday afternoon...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 5:39:02 AM

No, I haven't signed up for that at all - and won't. I think signing up for Friday night date night would somewhat trap you into having to say "yes" to one of the other attendees. I'd feel like a rat in a drain.

I totally agree. Who'd sign up for someone to have reason to make them go out like that? All some people need is something like that to use as leverage.
 Ms.Extreme
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/22/2009 6:33:13 AM
Hrmmmmm I checked this feature out.

I think on one hand it can help generate interest and put those who are seeking to go out and mingle with others together.

It also lets you know which users are available or free on the scheduled day so that way you can narrow down your interests to the available party.

On the other hand:

It would feel as if you're desperate or on the chopping block so to speak. Plus if I am not interested in whomever asked me out, I cannot back out and say I have other plans or whatever. I would feel like a jerk.

So -- yet another feature I wouldn't use unless I was bored and wanted to experiment to see if anyone had the cajones to even bother..... LOL
 oneofathought
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:40:36 AM
Just noticed this feature today. From the ages of 1-99 and within a 50 mile raduis there was a whomping total of 5 guys. I think only 1 in my age range. Slim pickings.

Oh well, gonna have to find something else to do Friday. Don't think I will be signing up but it would be interesting to see what happens if you do.

And if you have a hidden profile, how does that work? Do you just show up in the Date night feature?
 billsmith1970
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:00:35 AM
This seems like an attempt to recreate the speed dating phenomenon for the web dating scene. Sign-up and choose a guy or gal at random and take your chances. Hey how about this, offer a time to everyone on the list giving travel and a reasonable first meet time length, and go for it.

Figure a Drink with the first person at about 6, schedule an appetizer and drink with the second for 7, and then coffee or ice cream at 8 with the third. Give yourself fiften minutes of travel time on either side and a half hour with the person.

Not very expensive, knocks out three potential suitors in one evening, and doesn't trap you in for a entire evening with one person.

Bill
 WackMC
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:50:09 PM
I agree, it does have a feel of the uncertainty and spontanaity if speed dating.

But I understand it's an attempt to nudge people who just won't make a move. Is it any different than seeing at someone who works in your office tower all week in the lobby, then one Friday you ask them out before they run to the parking garage?

Online dating really isn't any different...everything still depends on what you do when you actually MEET in person.
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:52:50 PM
i'm going to guess that it's about partying for the most part

most people get off of work and go partying or drinking, most likey both.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > POF "Date Night" feature - Is It Working for You?