Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Where's a good place for a single girl to visit in Ireland?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 1
Where's a good place for a single girl to visit in Ireland?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Sorry if this has been overdone but I'm looking to take a 1-2 week visit to Ireland sometime within the next year and I was wondering what is a tourist (american) friendly town that has lots of stuff to do and single people? I want to make the most of my vacation and just go out and have some fun, and soak up the beauty.

I am extremely interested in historical marks as well..

Any suggestions?
 gustheguidedog
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Where's a good place for a single girl to visit in Ireland?
Posted: 6/22/2009 2:30:27 AM
Try Dublin airport and get the hell out of there lol. I live in England and have visited family in Ireland many many times and each time I just can't wait to get home.
Bob
x
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/22/2009 2:41:19 AM
LOL well England is next on my list, then Scotland. Ya know my old pal that lived in England said something around those same lines, but It's something I just know I have to do.
 M.w.G
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:56:53 AM
It depends what you are looking for, Cities or landscape? The east side of lreland is, well, tamed in terms of the land, you could say it is manicured, the west side is wilder, the further north you go the wilder it gets!
To hell or to Connaght was Cromwell's saying, so connaght has had the least colonisation, war etc. Still some wilderness up in Donegal, if you could call it wilderness!
The Dubs will no doubt be shouting about this!
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/22/2009 5:05:53 AM
Both! I would love to romp through the wilerness as well as the city. Donegal I have heard of..hmm..

I just want to see it ALL!
 tallaght_guy
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:39:33 AM
lot of nightlife in dublin been a dont be much of a party animal but recently been to break for the boarder off st stephens green and diceys harcourt st bot great pubs and nightclub also lot of pubs round temple bar area geared for tourists but very over priced
 tallaght_guy
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:40:24 AM
and i need to improve my typos lol
but think you got the gist
 Dublingirl09
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/22/2009 1:46:54 PM
dublin girl ya'll love it
 grimisocks
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/22/2009 2:50:14 PM
hi. im living in clare but from limerick. i think the best thing you can do is get a plane into shannon airport which is also in clare. to the north of shannon, there is galway, connemara etc (google it). to the south, you have kerry and cork. all of these counties have beutiful scenery & beaches. google buratty castle, cliffs of moher, the burren, lahinch beach. aran islands, dingle. kinsale.
sure, temple bar in dublin is fun but its not authentic. its the pub quarter but its in existence for less than 20 years. galway city is much more fun & real.
look me up if you do decide to come. ill be you tour guide!!
 icsvortex
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/22/2009 3:10:47 PM
Ireland is a ripoff at best, when I can afford it I will leave this shithole of a country and never come back.
 saemurph
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/23/2009 2:34:03 AM
Ah now Grimi Temple bar has been around for a little bit longer then 20 years, it's just the marketing strategy that's changed.

But the west is fantastic, and also Kilkenny, great compact town (city?) with some great shopping in it if you are so inclined.
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/23/2009 4:12:40 AM
I got what you were sayin ;) Thanks!
 redbelle
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:38:28 PM
It has to be Killarney!!If you haven't already checked it out it has plenty to offer from world famous views,a bustling tourist friendly town,hectic nightlife good food etc etc
You will love it i promise,well wherever you go you are welcome and enjoy your holiday!
 redbelle
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/23/2009 6:12:43 PM
Well Bob you know what to do.
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/23/2009 7:53:35 PM
Looks like I may have to extend my trip lol.

Thanks guys, I am looking up everywhere you suggested. I know I have to stop in Dublin for the flight anyway, so I shall be there at least ;)
 GDAE4u
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:14:33 PM
Westport- great fun and a spiritual mountain to climb as well!
 SwirlTwirl
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2009 4:47:24 PM
i think you would like Galway City,it is great , you could base yourself in galway city, then travel around the area, some beautiful scenery etc around (maybe get boat over to island for a night which is near) enjoy your stay
 JJ-theDJ
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2009 5:27:21 PM
"Try Dublin airport and get the hell out of there lol. I live in England and have visited family in Ireland many many times and each time I just can't wait to get home.
Bob"

well ofcourse you do, case in point your english. no offense personally but im sure your atleist slightly (if even biasedly) aware that the irish(, scottish and welsh for that matter) hate the english.

The south is really expensive. The've screwd up somewhere with the the euro (€1 = 86p) but you'll things considerably more expensive over the border- my advice visit a border town and then you have flexability
 Gaelgoir
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/4/2009 5:34:18 PM
Well Bob you wont be missed thats one less thing for you to worry about, fear saghas gránna nach bhfuil tú!
 goddess1972
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/6/2009 11:04:21 AM
It all depends if you are going to the south or the north of Ireland, also it has been said as i noticed already some of the comments that the English and Irish dont really get on. lol. If Northern Ireland, then Belfast castle is a nice place to visit as is the giants causeway. I personally prefer the Northern Irish accent lol. another wee tip if your visiting a lot of people from Northern Ireland dont like to be called Irish, i have found this out through experience and i know its a pain in the bum always having to refer to them as Northern Irish lol as its longer to say or type. Its a beautiful country and i hope you enjoy your visit. If your looking for places to visit feel free to send me a mail as I myself am Scottish and have visited many parts and might be able to tell you places to visit that may interest you. Happy travelling.
 Give us a shout
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:27:51 PM
You cant beat County Waterford if you want some place to visit. has it all, mountains, rivers, beaches (miles of), towns and city, some beautiful villages. Has it all.
 islandladymi
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2009 6:38:49 AM
Kendra~~

Galway is a university town and Dublin a university city, so the populations are your age group and lively and fun.... Killarney is a wonderful tourist trap with great night (pub) life...

A section of Dublin called Temple Bar is chock full of pubs and street life (bustering) every night. Since Ireland is SO friendly, you'll meet folks and have a grand time wherever you roam, especially with your Irish red hair!

Slante!!!

Maureen
 Realise
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2009 10:36:10 AM
Dublin, and surrounding area.

Cork

Tralee

Galway ..really good with lots to do and see....Burren and cliffs of mohir

North - Derry, gaint's causeway, belfast

You could prob do them all in about 2.5 - 3 wks !!
 liklelolly
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/4/2009 4:29:42 AM
Killarney is a definite. Dublin hmmmm do the guiness tour thingy and get the free pint :D ...........if your out in Dublin, avoid copper face jacks
 missx3
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:41:00 PM
Too bad I don't live in Ireland now, I might have liked to meet Tallacht Guy. He is right about Dublin being overpriced and way too touristy for me! I love the greenery and wild rural areas of countries.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Where's a good place for a single girl to visit in Ireland?