Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Girls making the first move???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chevygurl86
Msg: 1
Girls making the first move???Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
What do guys think about girls who make the first move? If I see something I want shouldn't I go after it??? and how do I go about doing it??? I work with the guy so I don't want to be infront of a whole bunch of people but I don't want to look like a stalker and walk around the place on a hunt hehehehe
 hellgremlin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Girls making the first move???
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:13:57 PM
Guys think it would be pretty awesome... if it ever actually happened :p
 AwP
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:59:11 PM
If the guy likes the girl then he likes when she makes the first move, if he doesn't then he doesn't. It's the same thing guys go through all the time, but women who do it are often hurt by the rejection because they aren't used to it. Watch out dating at work though, that can be bad news.
 something_witty
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:12:20 PM
It's great, but don't try to be overly subtle about it... we guys can be pretty dense about picking up on the 'signals'... or at least I know I am
 AwP
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:17:55 PM

It's great, but don't try to be overly subtle about it... we guys can be pretty dense about picking up on the 'signals'

Words of wisdom there, ladies with the guts to make the first move should listen to this man.
 ShortBlonde1985
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:32:48 AM
I think its pretty damn hot!
Good luck OP, go for it!

Im too scared of rejection to make the first move
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:39:31 AM
Good for you OP. Sometimes you have to go after what you want (figuratively, of course) because it's not coming to you anytime soon.

Go for it.
 nebula22
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:53:41 AM
This happens to me all the time..
I am flattered but if I feel the gal only wants to use me for a boy toy, I am better off turning her down.

If on the other hand, she is interested in keeping me forever, I may say YES.

PS,, A beautiful gal showed me her very perfect butt this last weekend and told me when I stop being stuck up I can have her.
She has been trying to get me in bed over 4 years.
 Imakeyoulaff
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/23/2009 8:48:27 AM
I'm all for it. I admit i'm old fashioned in a lot of ways, flower on the first date, being a gentleman, but I don't see anything wrong with the girl making the first move, moves. As something_witty mentioned. Guys can be dense and have trouble picking up signals. It's like trying to listen to AM radio, you have to hunt a while to pick up a signal in all that static and don't blink or you might miss it. I like girls that are confident enough to make the first move.
 Slalin
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:44:51 AM
As long as she doesn't ask through a friend, it's ok. My ex asked me out...I don't think I'd've ever asked her out. We got along real well until she moved to San Francisco for college at which point I simply ended the relationship for logistical reasons.

Really, I'll pretty much go on a date with anyone who asks me, if I'm available and not in full hermit mode. I mean...my ex asked me to a graveyard for a date. That would never happen under my own volition. Interesting time indeed.
 scottey63
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:35:50 AM
It's all good. I'm very flattered when a woman makes the first move. Also because I'm usually pretty shy about making the first move.
 Smoothsoul
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/23/2009 4:34:45 PM
I'm all for a woman making the first move! In your situation,make sure he like you before asking him out,because if he don't like you,working with him daily could be painful! Good luck!
 Pashune
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 4:46:37 PM
It's how it started my current relationship (+5 months and continuing).

The female race needs to make the first move a little more often and stop leaving us males with the initial work all of the time. Am I right?
 TigerShark78
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:04:30 PM
I like a woman with guts... that impresses me, personally. Plus, if she makes the first move, you know yer' IN THERE.. am I right guyz?? lol j/k.. I'm not really just out for sex. (honest)

I like a woman who isn't afraid to take some intiative.
 fulibard
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:07:09 PM
This isn't the 19th century anymore. If you want to make the first move than in Gods name do it.
Take charge if thats what you want to do.

As to how to do it? Hell , just be straight forward and honest. Us guys don't pick up on hints or subtlety.
Next time you see him at the pop machine just tell him. hey (insert name here) how about you and i grab a bite to eat/drink after work? Then work the details out from there.

honesty and bluntness for the win
 Bonspeed
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:09:37 PM
Assertive women are hot.

mcbobly
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:22:34 PM
I personally think it's pretty nice plus that way I for one at least know that there is at least "some" interest and I won't get the email and have it go either read/deleted or unread/deleted. Plus in todays society with women wanting to be thought of so badly as equals, which I see nothing wrong with, then they should be willing to step up and make the first move. It's just as easy for them as it is us and I personally think there's less likely chance she'll get rejected as quickly as we men do. So, GO 4 IT ladies!
 suzieq37
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:23:00 PM
If I meet someone who I have an interest in, I step up and make the first move. A simple hello can go a long way. What's the worse thing that could happen? He's not mutually interested? You move on.... Good luck!
 mcbobly
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:27:31 PM
This happens to me all the time..
I am flattered but if I feel the gal only wants to use me for a boy toy, I am better off turning her down.

Somehow I am having a very tough time believing this to be remotely true, probably a crude attempt at humor, but not a very good one.

PS,, A beautiful gal showed me her very perfect butt this last weekend and told me when I stop being stuck up I can have her.
She has been trying to get me in bed over 4 years.

Sorry, but again I have to call (cough) bullshit (cough) on this one. Unless you are gay you'd have to be an absolute imbecile to pass that up, if she is as beautiful as you claim.
 DocElffington
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:35:21 PM
A word of caution.

Think about the awkwardness if it doesn't work out.

I mean, you're talking about a workplace relationship.

Many companies have policies against such things.
 OutMind
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:50:28 PM
No don't do it!! What do you think we men are? Meat, body parts, sausage for the taking. I bet'ya also have dirty, naughty thoughts as well, right? Well stop that, we are not that easy.
 katt_411
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/25/2009 3:17:45 PM

Well stop that, we are not that easy.

way to put a damper on things!!! :P I don't need to know these things.....they are limiting... lol
 Jupiter Rising
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 3:21:49 PM
Agree with AwP, Mr. "witty" said it well.
 Jupiter Rising
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 3:36:43 PM
Oh. I'd like to add: I think women "make the first move" a lot. They just don't usually do it the way we do. Men are expected to be direct, "Would you like to get together sometime?". "Would it be ok if I call you?". "Would you like to: go out? have dinner with me? etc.

I think women..usually..do it by flirting, eye contact, special smile, making physical contact (hold on. don't get overexcited. I mean touching a guys forearm gently as you talk with him. Touch on the shoulder, the hair, as u walk by and say hello (this is with someone that you have already been introduced to). Invite to a party a friend is giving.

I realize the topic is really about women using OUR...that's right, OUR! Divine, God Given right to the "active" rather then the "passive" approach. But...yes, gentleman, good-natured playboy and man-about-town that I is..I mean..am, I am willing to succede my right, temporarily, for any women here to try it out and see what we poor, oppressed men-folk have to go thru when we get rejected after using the direct approach. (see you can weasle out of the passive attack by, after being told "No", saying "Oh. Wait. Sorry. Did you think I was asking you out?. Oh God, I'm so sorry. You just looked so down I thouht maybe going out and doing something might cheer you up. I was going to also ask (fill in the blank: Peter, Jane, Armond, Beatrix, George, Paul, John and Ringo.......) to join us".

LOL.

Anyway, I agree with everyone in here, if you feel like doing it, hey go for it. What's the worst that can happen? I will say though, that I must be a little old fashioned in that I think I might prefer to be flirted with etc. so when I ask, I get to think it was all my idea.......Harry
 DempseySR29
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/25/2009 9:56:17 PM
Happened to me once back in '99
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Girls making the first move???