Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why does a guy just stop calling after a couple of months???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funandsingle45
Msg: 1
view profile
History
why does a guy just stop calling after a couple of months???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have had this happen two times. We start off really well talking texting dating, laughing and having fun, and then after 7 or 8 weeks, its just over............... no return phone calls, text, email nothing. It makes me wonder, what is wrong with me. I would just like to know why, don't care what the reason is, (I'm a big girl) just why not face the music guys???????
There has never been any talk of serious commitment, so that is not the reason at all.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why does a guy just stop calling after a couple of months???
Posted: 6/24/2009 6:43:02 AM
He doesn't like you. It's not that complicated, hon. It happens to everybody.
 cookie22222
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 7:07:05 AM
Not enough info to tell...maybe the lack of moving the relationship on makes them think you aren't really interested? Maybe not enough time together...maybe too much electronic communication and not enough face time...maybe just fizzled.....

And of course, a lot of people on here are doing the multiple thing - multiple conversations/emails/dates...he could have found someone he liked better, or found something more promising...

I can't fathom 2 months of "dating" and just dead silence. A week or two - or just emails...I can see that then. But dating? I think that's weird.
 CowboyEnuff
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/24/2009 1:10:12 PM
OP...

WoW! Where to begin. As a guy it is often my sad experience that you meet someone who SHINES. No other way to put it. She just SHINES for you. SO you gird up and start the getting to know you process.

...in my experiences...

I try to keep it platonic until I can determine what is causing her to "SHINE" for me. Is her enthusiasm, her look, her smile, her hair, how she carries herself, etc. Also unfortunately during this time I run into her letting down her guard and showing the true "Nature of the Beast" that she has been hiding/holding back.

We all have our bad moments, but for some of us men, we have learned that it takes time to see how TRULY bad those moments are.

OP, this is not saying that you are a bad person. Please hear that!

I am just saying that IN MY EXPERIENCES I have seen some doozies! From Paranoid delusional imaginings on to Immediate LATCH ON TO syndroms. Nothing will scare a guy off faster than showing him your evil twin.

Or it could be as simple as he met another person.

There are TONs of reasons to which I could refer, but the fact of the matter is that you should not take it to mean that it is something to reflect that you are not the Lovely Person you have grown to be. Take it as "HIS LOSS" and move on. Another more deserving feller will know what he has when he finally meets you!

~CowboyEnuff
 ThievesInThe Night
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/24/2009 2:32:10 PM
Because they are no longer interested in you. As to why, it could be for any reason; it could be because of something you did or it may be for a reason totally unrelated to you. If you didn’t do anything wrong, don’t dwell on it. Just move on.
 Heathen Chemistry
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/24/2009 2:50:17 PM
Class is out and you have been dismissed!
 Landra2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:00:09 PM
Why does he need a real reason?
I'd guess that during the 7-8 weeks he got to know you, he realized 1-he wasn't that interested or 2-you wanted more than he was ready/willing to give

It could also be a case of too much too soon if you're talking texting dating, laughing and having fun within the span of a few weeks.

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.
His lack of communication might indicate he is a coward, or lacks the ability to communicate honestly, or didn't care enough about you to say anything. Don't make it about you and internalize.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:19:21 PM

(I'm a big girl) just why not face the music guys???????

You just never know. Maybe he took a detour in life like losing his job. There are many possible explanations. The bottom line is that you should not take it to heart. It most likely has nothing to do with you.
 P.R.Handgrenade69
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/24/2009 4:30:59 PM
Because the earth is really flat and they discovered this by falling off.
 justbunky
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 4:42:05 PM
Don't try to understand. Maybe he got hit by a train, or went to a tropical island and met someone else. Whatever the case (unless he's dead) , you do deserve an explanation, and if he doesn't have the guts to give you one, he's probably not worth having. NEXT!
 Chronomancer
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/24/2009 5:09:14 PM
You sure you were having a comparable amount of fun? Did you really have great conversation? Do you think the guy was stimulated mentally? Were you busy much? Were you stimulated mentally?

Did you query them on closure? People are fickle nowadays princesa, some get bored, some got drama, some get stupid.
 massgal75
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/24/2009 7:11:24 PM
He lost interest in you because of many different possible reasons. Sometimes the reason(s) might have nothing to do with you. If a man doesn't have the courtesy to be upfront with me, then I wouldn't want to date someone like that anyways.
 edencapwell
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 7:17:55 PM
in the majority of these cases he stops calling because he met someone else who he feels is better than you. it sucks but it does happen.
 edencapwell
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 7:19:24 PM
It makes me wonder, what is wrong with me. I would just like to know why, don't care what the reason is, (I'm a big girl) just why not face the music guys???????

there is nothing wrong with you but there is definitely something wrong with them!!! most are too cowardly to tell you the truth so they just fade away and hope you will disappear from their lives without any confrontations.
 njdxnj
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 9:19:47 PM
I dont see that this reason was mentioned, but I can't believe it wasnt. I'd advise a girl if that happened, that it's probably because all he wanted was sex. Sad but true. And if it went 7-8 weeks, well maybe he decided he wanted a few more rounds, or it took him that long to decide to be a coward and run.
 Tolins
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/24/2009 9:31:11 PM
I've had this happen to me as well.. and also to many of my single friends. I think it is a fact of dating. I would say it take a good couple of months to get to know someone (not entirely though) So maybe he realized it was not going anywhere.. Which suck, but again a fact of dating. I think it is more the way it is happening that is really awful! I don't understand why if someone is just not that interested or thinks it is going nowhere why they cannot just say it! I know it would be hard.. but I honestly think it hurts less then just falling off the face of the earth!! So I hear ya, and u are definately not alone! :)
 ruffian2
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/24/2009 10:21:40 PM
Don't you know "he's not that into you". Just accept it an move-on and you too can be the lucky winner of a becoming a lifer of online dating. Please, these guys are on here for:

1. attached already, want "easy" sex from a desperate woman who is OMG on line to find a date!

2. An unattached Sociopath liar who does this for fun and doesn't have the social skills to keep anyone longer then 2 months.

3. The Bigger, Better, Deal (BBD), who think they are so perfect, the younger, more golden p****y is always waiting.

4. Last but certaintley not leasrt, men are cowards...you might cry, or be so in love after a few f**ks that you can't see the light. You may try to castrate them, or cause a scene,. PLEASE.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/25/2009 6:43:55 AM
My guesses would be that:
he was distracted by another bright shiny object
he is ADHD or multiple personality disorder
he got bored
he got what he wanted so he moved on
he was already married/in a relationship and got busted by his wife/girlfriend.

These are just a few guess and probably isn't even close to what happened. OP don't take it personal (I know it is hard not too) but move on to the next guy that is interested in you. You will develop your "dating(thicker) skin" over time.
 tropicalknights
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/25/2009 6:56:46 AM
Who can say why anyone does what the do, if it was me and I stopped calling you it would be because I thought you just didn't like me, or you where playing me. You are very attractive, maybe they just couldn't believe that you would be into them so they backed off. They may not be jerks, they may be insecure, or they may be jerks. I back off when I figure that the women doesn't like me because I don't want to bother her or look like a stalker, there are many different reasons that a man may have backed off, the two guys that did this to you may have done if for very different reasons. As to why they don't tell you, again there are so many different reasons that the questions are not answerable.
 carolann0308
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 8:10:43 AM
Because many people don't want a 2-3 month text relationship they want to meet a real live breathing female. If this keeps happening to you then meeting someone quicker may be the reason, until you make contact the person on the other end of the text is a stranger and owes you nothing.
 chookie2008
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/25/2009 8:31:46 AM
His wife founf out?simple
 Jupiter Rising
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 5:57:12 PM
hahaha chookie.
 purrtypurr
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/25/2009 8:38:44 PM
Because you were too good for him and he didn't deserve you....
 DempseySR29
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/25/2009 9:28:50 PM
OP have you ever met him face to face? After a month, two months max if we haven't started going out on actual dates I just give up at that point.
 Excellent_Guy
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/25/2009 11:23:43 PM
If I understand you right, and many of the replies don't seem to indicate this, you have actually dated, i.e. you've met and been out together? Here's one that hasn't been thrown into the pot yet? if you've been out and many times have you given equally? Does he always have to come and pick you up and then return you home? Do you sometimes meet at a location equadistant from both of you. I can tell you that when distance is involved, even if it's just 25 or 30 miles if I have to always go to your place, pick you up, then we go somewhere, then return you home...... that gets old really fast. I've had this happen. Where is the so-called equality that exists nowadays? Sometimes it's not just paying. Sure, you had a great time and I had to spend a lot of time. Time is a valuable resource.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why does a guy just stop calling after a couple of months???