Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > The John Lennon Anthology (Boxed Set)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Balboa 4 U
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The John Lennon Anthology (Boxed Set)Page 1 of 1    
God, what a revelation the The John Lennon Anthology (Boxed Set) has been! Instead of concentrating on the hits, they've assembled John's home recordings and unreleased stuff. Not always perfect, but capable of perfection, John is just like one of us. They have some of the recording sessions John did with Phil Spector, where Phil is even funnier than John. For the so inclined, Yoko is kept to the minimum. It's mostly a portrait of a fascinating, but flawed man. (Like I said, just like the rest of us.) Sometimes when John is singing, you think, "Damn, I'm better than that!" A second later, you're like, "I'd be lucky if I could do that half as good. It's perfect just the way it is." WHADDA GUY!

PS: Check out the smoking version of "I'm Losing You" with Cheap Trick! HOLY SH*T!!!
 HDready10
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The John Lennon Anthology (Boxed Set)
Posted: 6/25/2009 7:13:52 PM
nifty price tag i dont think i could pay that much for a cd.

it was nice to have heard all these songs on "the lost lennon tapes"

will it ever end
 Balboa 4 U
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 7:55:28 PM
You have a point there about the price tag, I guess. I have to confess, I haven't bought the CD, I only heard it in it's enterity on Rhapsody. The truth is, it probably isn't something I'd want to listen to over and over. It's sure was a great way to spend the afternoon though!

Speaking as the Lennon kook I probably am, I HOPE IT NEVER ENDS!
 soundchaser1962
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 11:46:45 PM
I like the Lennon Anthology. There is a single CD sampler of this called "Wonsaponatime" (I think that's the title! A little brain fog!) and it focuses on some of John's better known stuff.

I think my favorite stuff on the Anthology CDs are the "Plastic Ono Band" album outtakes...and the version of "Jealous Guy".

Paul still needs to do a demos & outtakes release. There's the "Cold Cuts" bootleg CDs, but I mean an official thing.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:07:16 AM
I used to listen to a Toronto radio station that featured a Westwood One broadcast every Sunday called "The Lost Lennon Tapes" hosted by Lennon family friend, Elliot Mintz about 20 years ago. The show featured outtakes and demos and interviews from Lennon's career.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > The John Lennon Anthology (Boxed Set)