Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Height      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LBB222
Msg: 1
HeightPage 1 of 1    
Been speaking to this girl on here and get on really well. Bit of chmeistry there, got alot in common etc.

Just wondering bout height really. were near enough the same. 5.9/ 5.10 Would you actually date someone that is very similar height. Or do u look for someone quite bit taller? Girls gotta wear heels sometimes right lol.

Do like her just hope height wont be issue. Could it be?

Thanks for any help you give.

Or shall i maybe wear heel lifts in shoes lol.
 KISS MY A$$
Msg: 2
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 5:54:16 PM
There are a hundred and one threads about height. Do a thread search and you will have more answers than you know what to do with. Just like every other redundant question here there is no one answer. This is about preference and it will depend on the lady not the ruler.
 ~charmed~
Msg: 3
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 5:58:29 PM
Wait a minute... did you not post a few days ago that you are actually 5'7" but have 5'10" on your profile?

Everyone is different... ask her. Cause you would not like my answer...

~Charmed~
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:08:10 PM
Those stilt boots are quite cheap and widely available now.......

They could be the answer.

Now there is an idea .........

Alternatively those little trampolines people buy for keep fit must be becoming lighter and more portable.

You could take one of those out with you on the pull...
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:11:54 PM
Yesterday you had another thread deleted here where you asked if a guy turned up shorter for a date because "SOMEHOW" your profile had been mistakenly set to 5' 10 abut you were really 5'7". Your profile yesterday said you were 5' 8" and now its mysteriously climbed back to 5' 10" overnight even though every friggin woman said they would P.O. that you lied about your height?

At this point I would not be surprised for you to show up and be 5' 4".

For the love of gawd go put your REAL height on your profile and quit lying about it. A gal 5'8 or 5'9 in gonna be way over your head and they are gonna be VERY mad when they open the door and look down at you.

What are you planning? Always standing one step up from her on the stairs all night. Oh I know what your thinking... You will be the same height in bed. Dude your never getting that far. You will be LUCKY if she doesn't chew you out seriously for lying.

Cowboy
 bklynrebel
Msg: 6
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:18:15 PM
Wanna borrow my stilettos?
 LD44
Msg: 7
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:20:46 PM
He might not be lying he might be taller in his dreams?
 DemonDingleBerry
Msg: 8
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:23:13 PM

Could it be?

It already seems to be...with you...so that may be translated in your behavior and future contact with her as insecurity.

So she may reject you for being insecure...but you will blame her for judging you by height. Because that's what you are looking for.
Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 9
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:35:35 PM
Since you keep making posts about height, obviously it's a hang up. Guys that don't let that hinder them and are still confident and outgoing are going to get women. Guys who get a complex from being short and use it as an excuse as to why they're not getting dates...well they're not so attractive.

Personally I like a guy my height or slightly taller. Everything fits better.
 roseyn
Msg: 10
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:49:22 PM
i haven't met anyone on here but from pictures sometimes u can see that they seem much shorter [when u see the full body pics] so I assume that a lot of the shorter men add on more inches.
i always liked taller. i wouldn't want to date anyone who was any where near my height. i know a few taller women who do it though because c'mon what are the options?
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:38:53 PM
Hmmm...it generally is a preference for guys as well so I thought...not sure why so many guys want somebody several inches taller.....
 bodypro8
Msg: 12
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:40:33 PM
know a few taller women who do it though because c'mon what are the options?
^^^
One option is to turn into a lesbian. Or kill yourself. Or become a nun. Or become a Mormon. (marry a tall Mormon).

Anyway, in the name of God, anything but a short guy. They are an abomination.
 tina7578
Msg: 13
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:41:37 PM
CHRIST!!!! How many times are you going to ask THE EXACT SAME QUESTION?!? We've answered this SEVERAL times, if you're looking for more answers, post this in the "Dating Experiences" so you can get unlimited answers.
 ptowncutie007
Msg: 14
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:43:01 PM
well I am a tall girl...and i love to wear heels so if a guy isn't the atleast the same height as me when I where heels I don't think I could date him...i know that seems shallow but it is a big deal to me!!! Sorry!
 LD44
Msg: 15
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:44:48 PM
Have you considered having your legs stretched? or your neck?
 Sirenbliss
Msg: 16
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:49:45 PM
I wouldnt worry about it too much honestly... different strokes for different folks..
My ex and my first serious boyfriend were both shorter than I was .. and there are some amazing stars such as TOM Cruise who is short (he's only 5'7) and he wears lifts to premiers etc.. so youre not alone. Do a google on celebrities with taller wives, etc and you'll be suprised at the wealth of incidences on this... good luck to you!
 lostgirl71
Msg: 17
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:49:52 PM
Ok after about ten threads from YOU about this girl - I think you need to cut your loses since you are way too insecure over this one person. No matter what this relationship is failed from the get go since you are over thinking this too much. You are far too hung up on if your good enough or tall enough instead of trusting if you tell her the truth and listen to her you will find she already likes you.

Stop thinking and meet the girl already - youre blowing it without even trying
 firedupdesire
Msg: 18
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 8:20:05 PM
Height is an issue, it always will be.

Personally, I've taken a deep interest in dwarfs, only soon to find out that I'm too tall. :(
 pink_cupcakes
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 10:09:49 PM
i think it depends on the girl. if you're a short girl, it's not that difficult to find a guy who is taller. a taller girl, however, may be more accustomed to dating someone similar in height because she is tall. ya dig?

personally, i'm not that tall myself and still seem to manage to receive messages from dudes who are an inch or two taller then me :-/
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 20
Height
Posted: 6/30/2009 10:14:12 PM
If you're really 5'7", when you stand next to a woman who is really 5'10", she is going to know you are three inches shorter than she is.

Be honest, don't stress. And no, not all women *have* to wear heels.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Height