Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > How well will the Philadelphia EAGLES do in 2009?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 1
How well will the Philadelphia EAGLES do in 2009?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
thoughts anyone?

Id say they made enough moves to win alot of games, but they must stay healthy and use the running game more offen

also any eagles fans out there? :)

the adding of maclin,ingram,weaver,jason peters,stacy andrews, and more I think made thier O alot more promising, it remains to be seen, maclin is a speedster, with strong hands and can outrun just about anyone, jackson is comming into his 2nd season after putting up nice numbers as a rookie with 62 grabs, for 912 yards and 2 td's
curtis is healthy and ready to add to his great first seas0n with the eagles where he had over 70 catches for 1,100+ yards and 6 td's.
 adru1028
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How well will the Philadelphia EAGLES do in 2009?
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:34:16 AM
Seems like everone in the NFC East made some strong moves in the offseason. Should certainly be a interesting season. Now if it will only get here! I think all 4 teams have the talent to win the East. That said, I feel the Redskins still lack a bonafide starter in Jason Campbell. I feel a healthy McNabb is still one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Time & injuries will tell the outcome.
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:19:20 PM
I dont see the redskins doing much of anything because campbell is starting, I also think dallas didnt make enough moves to be a strong team, the loss of owens is the loss of a big playmaker and he made romo look better then he is

mcnabb healthy can beat anyone, but he has got to continue to run as well if he hit any Open WRS

true, if the eagles get banged up, not much luck to go far, however if they stay healthy the eagles Id say can win at least 11 games.
 Golfer38
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:03:35 PM
They will be in a good position to draft Tebow!
As long as McNab is the QB they will NEVER win anything but an A**kicking!
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:19:53 PM
agreed, and in philly we used to call em the deadskins LMAO
 paul5988
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:43:06 PM
yea i agree adding the best defensive tackle and getting the best pass rusher in the draft is definetaly not an improvement (sarcasm)

i think campbell has alot of potential he just needs to hold it together for a season he had a very good first half of the season. problem is the redskins are known to be underachievers with all that talent.

why make fun of the redskins when the eagles have never won a superbowl? I think the eagles finishing last this year in the east with close to a 500 record is very possible. losing dawkins will impact the team. westbrook is too injury prone. mcnabb has mood swings. we will see if peters and andrews can handle the de's in the divison. tuck uminyiora kiwanuka demarcus ware orakpo. then prolly have to help with fat albert.

cowboys are still good and can do damage inspite the fact that the coach sucks. we will se how jenkins does even though he is scared to make a tackle at times lol one of my favorite cowboy moments. we will see if losing owens will help hey the giants did better without shockey

eagles are a good team but need to be consistent and not get hurt. they made the playoffs by pure luck last year. the eagles are also very dangerous. always a great defense top notch corners and a qb that at times likes amazing. if they catch fire at the right time they go all the way if they lose too many games in the division then they have to rebuild around a new qb mcnabb only has so much time left.

i dont need to talk about the giants just read my prev posts i think its gonna be another year of great football in the nfc east good luck to all

GO GIANTS
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/6/2009 2:08:19 PM
the redskins didnot really do anything on the O side of the ball

dallas. untill romo is benched they aint going to win a playoff game

the giants are still a very dangerous team, but the eagles match up well

a close to .500 record? lol, did you see what we drafted and added? we added a pro bowl FB in weaver, a top 3 WR in maclin, curtis is healthy, mcnabb and jackson are a good duo, and ingram could be the best pick of the 5th round

the eagles should win no less then ten games if healthy, and I think they can win 11 or 12 if they play well.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/6/2009 2:38:44 PM
The only thing I got to say is, I hope the Eagles win the division.
 paul5988
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/6/2009 3:46:17 PM
9-6-1 last year. close to 500. desean jackson was suprising and dont expect maclin to do the same. crabtree is a much better receiver he shouldnt do much this year either because rookie wr's are known to not do well first year with a few exceptions. curtis is healthy..... for now and he hasnt done much since being an eagle when healthy. desean jackson is a special player but hes no #1 reciever and i think he will decline after his rookie year just my opinion. the fb will help and maybe the eagles will convert short third downs running the ball for about 8 or 9 games when westbrook is around. the fact that your excited over a 5th round pick means that ur team doesnt have alot of depth and the 150thplus best ROOKIE is supposed to impact your team immensely thats actually a bad thing.

redskins didnt add much O but they are progressing in a new system that has finally been around for more than a year. Romo has had bad stretches but is a playmaker. they said eli couldnt win a playoff game until he won 4 straight and a SB.

im not knocking the eagles for no good reason yes i dont like them but its a rivalry. I think they are a very dangerous team with weapons but i think they are overhyped. also saying the eagles finishing with a 500 record is definetaly not a diss on them. 6 games of the year they are playing teams that are playoff and superbowl contenders every year. the best defensive division period. injuries happen in those situations. jacobs portis barber and westbrook all injured last year probably from the punishment the east did to each other. if a team was to lose 6 games in the division which is possible for all teams because of the close to equal level then the team is toast.

but why i think the major reason contributing to the POSSIBLE( not definite) average record is the eagles consistency through the regular season is just a step above that of the dallas cowboys. but i wish luck and wish i could enjoy the games but i wont they are going to be fun to watch
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/6/2009 5:11:55 PM
hasnt done much?

curtis had 77 grabs for 1,100+ yards and 6 td's

but ok.
 vbxtc
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:31:13 PM

agreed, and in philly we used to call em the deadskins LMAO
Used to? Did it stop after the Iggles were 0-2 against them last year..and they lost the last one with a playoff spot still on the line? Too bad Donovan threw that last pass juuust short of the goal line where the receiver got blasted. Just short...isn't that a phrase Philly fans are used to by now? How about "almost", "not quite", and my personal favorite, "wait 'til next year"? At least in Washington we can still console ourselves with the Lombardi trophies we already have. Let me know when Philly gets there, 'cause you're the only NFC East team without at least two. It's embarrassing, lol.

I dont see the redskins doing much of anything because campbell is starting
Think Donovan would be happy to go the first 8 games without throwing a pick? Nah...it'll never happen. Might get better this year though, since the Iggles actually used a crowbar to open their wallet for once and add some talent. I'm impressed because Mcnabb has done more with less help than almost any Pro Bowl QB in history. Think that's easy? See how well Cutler does this year, lol. Campbell wasn't the problem last year, it was the offensive line that got banged up and couldn't keep him upright. But in the immortal words of Monty Python, "it got bettah"!

the redskins didnot really do anything on the O side of the ball
And yet Cooley, Portis and Sellers all made the Pro Bowl. Hmm...wonder how that happened? How many games do you think Westbrook (aka Half the Offense) will play this year?
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:13:30 PM
as for ur last question I meant you guys didnt do anything to add to ur O side of the ball

pro bowls are overrated, think about, dallas had 12 pro bowlers but sucked last year as far winning a playoff game goes

I think that a GREAT QB can make plays even with pretty much nothing(mcnabb,tom brady and on)

look at brett farve for example: jets stunk, he came in and for while that team was alot better, untill he threw 20 ints..........

also, I dont want rants going on, keep it civil please.
 yeswho
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:15:58 PM
Ehanks Wiz. No team will win if they have injuries,With the salary cap teams do'nt have a lot if depth.Eagles are my team also for the new people on here.Did'nt the Redskins sign Hansworth, that is a big move.Andy Reed never uses the running game enough.So why would he now/
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:43:35 PM
well he should, I mean they signed weaver and drafted mccoy

why draft and sign big backs or fast backs if you dont plan on running.
 skoochie
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2009 11:04:55 AM

why draft and sign big backs or fast backs if you dont plan on running.

None of those rookie backs are going to step in and play better than Westbrook. Throughout his career Reid has brought Westbrook out of the back field becuase he can catch and McNabb can run. I'm not sure if Reid is going to change his offensive formula for a couple of rookies.

Plain and simple, if Westbrook gets hurt for any prolonged period of time, the Eagles aren't going to the playoffs. Even if they do make it, the Saints will be there, with their improved defense, to smack 'em out of the playoffs.
 paul5988
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/7/2009 11:07:59 AM
well the eagles run the west coast offense making there running game actually just a collection of high percentage short passes. not enough practice is why they sucked on 3 and 1's

kevin curtis had 33 catches for only 390 yards and only 2 touchdowns. u went back two years when curtis did have a career year being the number one reciever btw it didnt mean much they missed the playoffs that year. Curtis is the last reciever that scares a defense. jackson and maclin who are both still in polishing stages will be more of a concern for defensive coordinators. so yes curtis did very little last year.
 dennyden
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2009 11:00:21 AM
well the eagles run the west coast offense making there running game actually just a collection of high percentage short passes. not enough practice is why they sucked on 3 and 1's

i agree, when a team passes the ball as much as they do its hard to line up and get a coupleof tough yards when they need it, i no watching my colts play they have the same problem because they run that stretch kinda running game.
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/8/2009 11:52:31 AM
perhaps not, but weaver can block alot better then celek.
 Single_in_ H_town
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/8/2009 11:53:44 AM
you forget curtis was hurt last year for about half the season and didnt play

when curtis is heathy, he is very good in the slot and with jackson on the outside.
 uahoops
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/9/2009 12:49:19 PM
Could win the east.. I think their chance is as good as any. I don't see them in the nfc title game though
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/9/2009 12:58:40 PM

Could win the east.. I think their chance is as good as any.

Yeah and I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn, really cheap!
 dennyden
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2009 1:02:16 PM
Yeah and I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn, really cheap

that would be good for the state arent they dead broke,lol, anyway i think the giants will win the east again.the only worry i have a bout them is that they have to depend on a rookie wide out.
 uahoops
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/9/2009 1:59:39 PM
I think they have the best offense in the division.. They have issues defensively but I really think they are as good as the skins, giants and cowboys.
Sadly I'm a 49ers fan so it really doesn't matter to me..
And you can keep your bridge, I live in the desert.
 dennyden
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2009 2:00:54 PM
Sadly I'm a 49ers fan so it really doesn't matter to me..

atleast you have patrick willis, what a beast that kid is!!!!
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/9/2009 3:14:44 PM

And you can keep your bridge, I live in the desert.

I could sell you a bunch of sandals. See if you had a bridge than you would have water under the bridge. Then you would be enjoying the summer with your pail and shovel. making mud pies.

Ask Yeswho he loves his Philly teams a good fan and great guy. I am sure he will show up.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > How well will the Philadelphia EAGLES do in 2009?