Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > i think its racism that they don't want to bury michael jackson at ne      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GREATEST LOVER
Msg: 1
i think its racism that they don't want to bury michael jackson at neverlandPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
i think its racism that they're giving the jacksons a hard time about burying michael in neverland. in my opinion, some people don't want michael jackson buried in neverland because they don't want michael jackson to become bigger than elvis and graceland.
i think he's bigger than elvis anyway. michael been performing for 40 years and elvis died at 42....
 pink bows
Msg: 2
i think its racism that they don't want to bury michael jackson at neverland
Posted: 7/14/2009 1:39:16 AM
where does the racism come in?

is it because he is black that they dont want to bury him at neverland?

he may have performed for more years than elvis, but so have i.... that dont mean squat... does it mean i am bigger than elvis because ive outlived him...?

just out of interest.... is mj not buried yet?
 Mr_SmartFun
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/14/2009 1:43:38 AM
I haven't been to Neverland, or right by it, but I have been outside of Graceland. It's right in the middle of Memphis, on a busy road. A bunch of toursit traps have sprung up by it.

In contrast, Neverland is on a 2 lane road in an isolated area where some of the richest people in the country own homes.

Translation: it's not racism. The people who live there don't want to see Neverland turn into a tourist attraction at ALL. Besides, I've read that the Jackson estate wants to sell the place, so I don't see him being buried there.

And Elvis will always be bigger anyhow.
 nipoleon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2009 3:10:28 AM
In California it requires a special permit to bury someone on private property other than a licensed graveyard . That's why so many famous stars are buried in places like Forest Lawn rather than their own estates.
I have not heard that the state is giving them a particularly hard time more than they would anyone else.
 tamzin01
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2009 5:01:32 AM
They don't want him buried there as the place held bad memories for him. He was living there when his life started to go wrong.
 GREATEST LOVER
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:05:18 AM
elvis became bigger after death. he wished he were bigger than michael jackson. michael was an innovator and broke down racoal barriers, what did elvis do different? nothing!
 oblivion77
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:21:49 AM
Where the h*** did you come up with the idea that it's racism?!

And even weirder - why the hate on for Elvis?
MJ loved Elvis' music, he said so many times. He was even married to Elvis' daughter for a while!
Newsflash - you don't have to put one great artist down, to make another seem better. MJ was great, period, without needing to be compared to other artists negatively or positively.
Your ideas are bizarre.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:28:30 AM
soooo, let me ask you this.....

what's so bad about racism?

this is America. we can like or dislike anyone we want to.
 holby
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:09:02 AM
jacko was born a black boy but died a white boy where does racism come into it hes also got white kids
 rickxyz
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:36:03 AM
Pulling the racist card doesn't work anymore, our president is black. The Neighbors have had enough of his circus, they paid a high price for their privacy.

The only reason he WAS "the king of pop" (self proclaimed title by his publicist) is because he outbid McCartney for the rights to all Beatles royalties.
 best kept secret
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/14/2009 10:16:00 AM

elvis became bigger after death. he wished he were bigger than michael jackson. michael was an innovator and broke down racoal barriers, what did elvis do different? nothing!

It was a different time, in their own time....

Sounds like you just have an immovable chip on your shoulder about race. I very much believe it's about the neighbors not wanting their peace ruined.
 CKaifeng
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/14/2009 2:15:31 PM
wtf? how is this racism man?
 good guitar player
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2009 4:51:52 PM
Richmen told another Richman's family you cant do that ..... NOT RACISM

Cop pulling over a guy for DWB...that is , Stop being an idiot and focus on the real problems in America. Don't go hunting for them where they don't exist
 Bellydanza
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:03:56 PM
You are way off base. And trust me I'm one who points out racism when it is necessary. Like during the election.

But the issue is that the neighborhood this mansion is in is quiet, peaceful, and RICH. They can throw their money around. They want to keep their peace and quiet. Now if you were a neighbor, be you a fan or not. You might too be worried about the logistics and the ''tourist'' attraction this would become in your neighborhood.

Another problem is that Michael left Neverland and never went back after his trial. He was devastated by what the police had done...basically trash his house (and yeah I'd agree there was some racism involved there)....it ended up being a bad memory for him and he wanted nothing more to do with it. Many of his friends have stated that he would NOT want to be buried there.

Now one could argue you are making racist remarks about Elvis. I'm a much bigger Michael fan than Elvis fan...that's for sure. However, no one can take away Elvis' impact on the world. This was a man who yes did indeed take black music into mainstream radio. He made rock n roll acceptable to whites. It wasn't easy and a lot of white people did not like his music as it was too black and he was too sexual. However he persevered, and became hugely popular for his music and his movies and was loved the world over (especially by women). This was back in a time of vinyl albums, radio, and no music televison or computers.

Michael did indeed break down racial barriers. One black comentator noted that when Michael hit it big whites realized ''black people are ok'' and that is very true. Michael also became popular worldwide and the technology and media available catapulted him to an even higher level than the Beatles or Elvis. But, it also tore him apart. I can imagine if Elvis' time was now and not back then, he'd be ripped apart in the media for his eccentric lifestyle just as much as Michael has been.
 GREATEST LOVER
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:42:13 PM
You are way off base. And trust me I'm one who points out racism when it is necessary. Like during the election.

raiderfan.............i'd like for you explain how racism existed during the election. i hope you're talking about the derogatory comments made by bill and hillary clinton.

cyke............you claim michael jackson wasn't that good, hmmm can you explain why many fans fainted and passed out at his concerts or while out and about? michael jackson might have had strange ways but the man was the greatest entertainer of all time with the biggest selling album of all time. i doubt if that record will ever be broken. you need to face reality cyke
 Some random name
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:43:56 PM
Elvis didnt die 400 million in the hole . Neverland may not be in the Jackson family when they finally sort out this mess.
 GREATEST LOVER
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:24:33 PM
Elvis didnt die 400 million in the hole . Neverland may not be in the Jackson family when they finally sort out this mess.

nobody knows how much michael actually owed, everybody talking all of this nonsense about what he owed, i wanna see facts. the media half of the time don't know what they're talking about.
cyke......that ac/dc album you're talking about will never catch thriller. its still about 40 million behind, as ac/dc's album continue to rack the sales, so is thriller. in all honesty i felt janet jackson's music was better than michael's in the later years especially after michael started singing all of that heal the world humanitarian type stuff. janet kept up with the times with her jams.
but michael's video's captivated me more than his actual albums
 Some random name
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:34:42 PM
100 million ,400 million, whatever....he still owed way more than he had. Its just not a good idea to bury a guy in a place thats going to be fought over.....probably for years. As for Thriller vs Back in Black sales, the boost MJ just got since he died will push it past the point where it no album will overtake it.
 GREATEST LOVER
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/15/2009 2:23:00 AM
The biggest selling album of all time in the US is not Thriller though, it's The Eagles: Greatest Hits. Both those bands are a thousand times better than MJ but as I said, that's subjective.

cyke.............saying the eagles and AC/DC is far better than michael jackson is not considered subjective, its an opinion. the word subjective doesn't apply to michael jackson. michael is a global icon and thats a fact, not just another singer or band.
saying you don't care for michael jackson is your personal opinion and thats ok. his thriller is the best selling album of all time....not subjective, thats a fact!
 bipolarintense
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/15/2009 2:45:45 AM
msg 6
michael was an innovator and broke down racoal barriers
oh he did? What racial barriers were those?
 GREATEST LOVER
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:04:15 AM
michael jackson was the first black singer to have a video played on mtv. before michael jackson mtv was strictly a white rock channel. he changed everything, he was the first to feature big groups of dancers in his videos.
video's before michael was basically promotional video's of live or studio performances by the artist. michael was the first to spend millions of dollars on a video, the most expensive video before michael was only $10,000.
 bipolarintense
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:47:31 AM

michael jackson was the first black singer to have a video played on mtv. before michael jackson mtv was strictly a white rock channel.
No mj wasn't the first black person to have a video on MTV. There were actually several others. MTV was a rock/new wave station when it first began. That is why there were very few videos by blacks on it. Few blacks were rock or new wave nusicians. What michael did in fact was change their playlist to anyone who put out a video by making thriller.
 shmodzilla
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/15/2009 11:54:28 AM
And we all know Michael Jackson invented the internet
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/15/2009 2:05:27 PM
i think its racism that they're giving the jacksons a hard time about burying michael in neverland. in my opinion, some people don't want michael jackson buried in neverland because they don't want michael jackson to become bigger than elvis and graceland.
i think he's bigger than elvis anyway. michael been performing for 40 years and elvis died at 42....
This is got to be the one of the most laughable threads of the year so far! First off Michael Jackson did not want to go back there. The discussion on Neverland was between his own family and they his family fought about it! His mom said "NO" to burying her son there. Because Michael never wanted to go back there. But his dad and Jermaine wanted to bury him there because of "$$$$$$$$" signs floating in there heads. A money making idea so they can make money off their dead son and brother. So you can see why Michael left years ago it was always about "Them" His mother was the Saint in the family and knew her son well enough to understand. His own sister Latoya would say negative things against her brother so she could make money off him.

And Racist? How do you come to that conclusion! Is it the "white" people denying him to be buried there? Now your statement makes me think "who is the real racist here"?

But get this, I am hearing that he will now be buried in an Egyptian tomb under a pyramid! LOL
 norcal82
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/15/2009 2:19:23 PM

Richmen told another Richman's family you cant do that ..... NOT RACISM

Cop pulling over a guy for DWB...that is , Stop being an idiot and focus on the real problems in America. Don't go hunting for them where they don't exist
I totally agree with this statement. However much people would like to believe that racism is over and done with, IT IS Not. There is still a whole lot of racism going on right now. However, when people claim racism when it is obvious that there is none, it makes people who never have to experience it for themselves much less likely to believe that there is any still going on. Bad things happen to people of all colors everyday and it is not always attributed to racism.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > i think its racism that they don't want to bury michael jackson at neverland