Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 foe1000
Msg: 1
For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
So I read about this survey that asked women how long they like intercourse to last. This did not include foreplay or anything else. This was just length of time they enjoyed intercourse. The outcome was women wanted sex to last at least 7 minutes, but most did not want it to last more than 13 minutes on average. I'm curious about what the women on POF think about this. Do you agree that it is somewhat accurate or not?
 munki 0
Msg: 2
For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:11:28 AM
lol More than 2 min.. which was what my ex did start to finish....( he didnt like forplay)
I cant really speak tho, havent had for years
 CaramelSweetness2
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:14:58 AM
OMG! I want it to last forever!!! lol
Seriously for me, 13 minutes is not nearly enough. I like lots of variety, lots of different positions. This survey may be assuming the guy is doing all the work so it may be the women who answered thought that way. I usually like to take turns. He does some of the work, then we change up and I do my part. So, I'd say put me down for a minimum of 30 minutes of actual intercourse / 1 hour or more of foreplay and afterplay. That would make a good night - where we both fall off into a comotose type sleep til morning and then start all over again!
 HenXX
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:45:49 AM
Its something I have never really taken notice of to be honest.........how time flies when you are enjoying yourself!........depends on the amount of orgasms I can or cannot take at the specific time? So longer than 2 mins for sure.You have me thinking now! ...... must start watching the clock.
 Zebra Circle
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:50:23 AM
As Richard Pryor used to say: "I need three minutes of serious fcuking, and then eight hours of sleep. And a bowl of Wheaties in the morning."

OneMoreNutt
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:54:01 AM
Well now that really depends on how long the meatloaf has been in the oven, now doesn't it? I mean, nobody wants burnt meatloaf, right? :rol

For me, it depends on how good it is, honestly. A bare minimum of 30 minutes, up to an hour...followed by a short 10 minutes rest period...then get right back to it.
 LovinLife_01
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:28:02 AM
Long enough that I'm waving a "white flag"!
 *Respited*Heart*
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:40:58 AM
I would think that is an accurate assumption for the average woman, taking a mental poll of some women I know.

My thinking is that women that do not like sex, that can take it or leave - do not respond to threads such as this, nor do they put in their profiles that they have low to no sexual interest whatsoever. What you will get is a lot of "Not me! I want it a long time!" answers. I wouldn't take the answers on this thread as any standard to what the percentage of women on this site want. It could be a good indicator who to contact, though.
 tnrose
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:52:37 AM
It's been a while for me, but foreplay would last around 30 to 45 minutes, and intercourse around 20 min, if timing , slow breathing, him thinknig about that carburator he needed to build, to keep from getting too excited.it would last a little longer, sometimes.
 wintersucks63
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/15/2009 8:33:34 AM
7-13 min???? holy crap, I'm just gettin warmed up then. I like at least 30 min to an hour. 10 min is a quickie for me I guess these women ain't gonna cut it for me now are they??
 Maximo34
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/15/2009 8:45:19 AM
It depends what you are talking about here - do you mean how long a man needs to last so a woman can cum? Or just how long we prefer to have intercourse? It probably takes me about 15 mins to cum via intercourse....so anything less than that I might fake it haha......but as long as I am enjoying it I am happy to mess about all night.
 leglover
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 11:19:59 AM
it must not be long, most of the time i get about 20min into it and the girl is asking me if i ever take a break and yes i`m sure it`s because i`m so bad she can`t take it anymore
 blue-eyed man
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/15/2009 11:54:21 AM
One would think that she would want to be "Drilled" to a state of silliness, “Poked and Prodded” until she was all but “Blue”, but I am a guy and this is a question for only a female to answer. And reading the Threads here from the others fishes that swim in this sea, it looks as if some gals like a little, most gals like a lot, and I feel that there are several stages of sexual intercourse that deal within that “Sliding Sweetly” for quite some time, to that relentless pounding that will come in due time, but needs to be held back until she is fed well, and I am not talking about cheese and crackers, I am talking about feeding “Her” animal appetite.
 TooShadows
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 1:16:16 PM
There was a time when I was very long-lasting,and could go for over an hour. Some women loved that and wanted to go again right after I'd finally gotten off,and I had a few ladies who asked if they could finish me off another way after less than 10 minutes. With my girlfriend I'll go anywhere from 5 minutes(this morning,after some really great head)up to a half hour or more. Luckily she's multi-orgasmic,so even a few minutes gives her several orgasms.
 nobones
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:03:39 PM
Two pumps and a dump.
 Shell225
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:14:55 PM
7-13minutes??? geeze that doesnt seem very long.

I like it to finish when my legs are shaking from exhaustion and Im no longer capable of rational thought...
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:21:47 PM
The whole afternoon or all evening or a couple of hours in the morning. Making love is NOT straight intercourse without breaks of laughter, food, drink, cuddling, soft words, caresses and sighs.
 13karat
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:35:32 PM
7-13 min???? holy crap, I'm just gettin warmed up then. I like at least 30 min to an hour.

I can't help but agree with this sentiment ... 7-13 minutes... I think the study must have been done by a male....
Hmmmm.... I am a big believer in the 3-minute rule (an adaptation of the 3-second rule).... if it doesn't last at least 3 minutes, it doesn't count as sex....
 whytwater
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:40:59 PM

Making love is NOT straight intercourse without breaks of laughter, food, drink, cuddling, soft words, caresses and sighs

A catered event!!???? I mean, it sounds wonderful, but who do you use for the food and drink? (Visualizing card table loaded with bottles along one wall and bartender trying to look busy).
 Erinlove
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:51:07 PM
Yeah I like it in 5-10 minute bursts, lasting no longer than 20 minutes. But FREQUENTLY. Like breaks, I thought I was boring or wrong for wanting that. Anything over 20 minutes just feels like being bumped around.. But if there is a short break, here comes the renewed sensations. To me "all night" means 10-20 short bursts.
 sweetsdebbi
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:06:20 PM
I would like to say 30 for foreplay and then at least 20 for sex- then cuddling- then start again
 crism231985
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:13:25 PM
Well for me it usually takes me at least 30 min or more to get started to feel real good, including foreplay and during. So I'd say at 30 minutes. Unless however we both reach the max prior to 30 min than need to take a break than get back to it.
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:28:56 PM
I'm really not worried about how long the intercourse lasts. If it's with the right guy, it's amazing at any rate and for any length of time. As long as we feel satisfied and have validated each other's needs, I'm good.

It's not like there isn't some more coming right behind it tomorrow, or the next day or the next day.

Leeanne
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:46:15 PM
Long enough to break a sweat and scream for mercy!!! Anything short of that is not worthy! I mean it just feels soooo goooood!!
 CaRo78
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:22:27 PM
depends on my mood, the time of the day and if ive got to be elsewhere!

but definitely not 7-13 minutes!!!

MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?