Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > "online now", "Online in the past week", "Online in the last 30 days"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoredGuy18
Msg: 1
"online now", "Online in the past week", "Online in the last 30 days"Page 1 of 1    
When I use the search function, some users have no "Last Visit" status (e.g. it doesn't say when they were last online). Does this mean these users quit?
 the_humormonger
Msg: 2
view profile
History
online now, Online in the past week, Online in the last 30 days
Posted: 7/15/2009 3:00:17 PM
it means they haven't signed on to pof in MORE than 30 days. how much more, or whether they'll return, is anybody's guess.
 gardenpixy
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:31:23 PM
is there a chat somewhere on line to tlk to these people?
 Fishlady5
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 12:09:53 PM
how do you remove yourself from showing online now since chat was removed. I know someone who did it and he won't tell me how. He did it this past weerk after IM stuff was removed.
 Fishlady5
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 12:11:06 PM
You don't show when online also if you removed yourself from IM messages, that function is gone now so how do you remove yourself now?
 the_humormonger
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 3:55:59 PM
here's how i understand it:

if your profile is visible, you will show up as "online now" when you sign in, and it shows that for up to 15 minutes or so after you have signed out. you can't remove it, or turn it off.

if you hide your profile, you will not show up as "online now" in searches, since no one who isn't on your favorites list or "who loves me" list will even see you, and those on said lists will just see when you logged in.
 Fishlady5
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 1:12:23 AM
There is a way if someone just did it within last 2 weeks. I think no one here seems to know.
 Fishlady5
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 1:14:58 AM

it means they haven't signed on to pof in MORE than 30 days. how much more, or whether they'll return, is anybody's guess.

that isn't true. If someone removes the IM feature, they show up without any "online" status showing anymore, in addition to those gone more than 30 days.
 SleepsInOttawa
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/10/2009 6:34:16 PM
"Online This Week" doesn't work for men.

Shows as "Online Today" and "Online This Month" only. Not a biggie, but we could get flack for that.
"how come you didn't respond to my email?"
"I wasn't on"
"Liar!"

Just trying to pre-empt a misunderstanding is all.
 SleepsInOttawa
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:56:20 AM
Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Online this week is showing up, BUT -You don't show up in the "week" list until you have been off for a week(??).

I tested it. I didn't logon for 3 days and it still said "Online Today". Now I know no one is logging on to my account because I just keept moving down the list towards the "online this week" people.

Create a new ID, then stay away for a day or two. Do your search again.

thx
 SleepsInOttawa
Msg: 11
 Kanata_girl
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/8/2011 7:49:05 PM
Wow, it would be great if this site was actually accurate ... don't ya think? Big difference between being "Online today" if it's been 3 days since you actually did log on.
Glad I read this .... started dating someone a couple of days ago and wondered why he was logging on everyday ... now it shows "online this week".
This info shouldn't be buried in a forum.
 MisterRiiight
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2011 11:04:13 PM
Maybe he was doing the same thing you were doing - just saying.
 katmandoo22
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2013 10:35:53 AM
I REALLY wish I had known about this sooner! I totally agree with you!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > "online now", "Online in the past week", "Online in the last 30 days"