Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's girls thoughts on a single 30-year-old male virgin?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 singleand30
Msg: 1
What's girls thoughts on a single 30-year-old male virgin?Page 1 of 1    
Is that attractive to girls or will that scare some people off? I'm ready to get rid of that title, but I want to find the right girl first to do it with. Should I use that to my advantage or keep it quiet? Also, how should I go about breaking the news to a girl?
 Silent Steel
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's girls thoughts on a single 30-year-old male virgin?
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:34:16 PM
Going up to a woman and asking her to starch your noodle is probably not a good way to end your 30 year dry spell.

Keep it for later, until you find one that you really like. Hell you waited this long.
 BoredGuy18
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:36:54 PM
It's all good as long as you're not a 40 year old virgin and plan on making a low grade comedy movie on your dating adventures.

In all seriousness, I don't think it's something you need to be overly eager to out yourself on. If the topic comes up, then mention it.
 CaRo78
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:39:09 PM
if you are the one to break in a virgin then you teach them what their standards are (if you are experienced!)

this can set a a standard for their future sexual experiences. spread the good love if the training is good!

i like a virgin! xx
 zxr7900
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:46:50 PM
confused note to the guys on here , is this not ask a girl ?
 BoredGuy18
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:52:03 PM
To zxr7900,

Yes, but it's generally accepted practice for guys to respond as well. Heck, you're posting here
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:52:37 PM
OP, I'm way outside of your age range, but for the purposes of this response, let's suspend reality and pretend that I'm close to your age.

The relevance of your virginity to me would depend on whether you were a voluntary or involutary virgin. If you are celebate for religous reasons, then perhaps you'd be best to find a partner who can truly value your virginity and perhaps can offer you the same. There are other reasons for remaining a virgin that would probably suggest to me that I should look elsewhere. For example, low sex drive or a difficulty forming relationships would be off-putting. Some people are very vested in the idea of virginity, while others feel shame that they are still virgins - neither of which is appealing. I have to say that I wouldn't be seeking someone who was either proud or ashamed of being a virgin. I would also not be looking for a partner who abstained because they think that sex should only be reserved for marriage.

My own impression of virgins is that they MAY be too shy, anxious, or lacking confidence. I'm not sure that I believe that true love should come along before one has sex. But that is only my opinion. That fact that you state in your profile that you "don't particularly enjoy social functions" SUGGESTS to me that you might have issues with intimacy or are overly anxious in a social situation. So, to answer your question, I'd probably be concerned about dating someone with those issues. Is that really something you want to put in your profile? That statement alone would cause me to abandon any idea of dating.

If one is "incidentally" a virgin, that would not be a huge obstacle however. I don't think I'd advertise the fact that I was a virgin, or even discuss it in great detail until such time arises that it seems important. I think you'll probably know when that time is......

Good Luck to you in whatever path you choose........
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:02:38 PM
I, personally, wouldn't want a virgin.
 Elegabalus
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:05:20 PM
Chances are... she'll know fairly quickly.
 BoredGuy18
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:10:15 PM

Chances are... she'll know fairly quickly.

You're doing it wrong man. You gotta put puns in italics.

"Chances are... she'll know fairly quickly."
 Bubbais51
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:10:57 PM
I can't answer this based on a 30 year old male virgin but i can on a supposed 30 year old female virgin. If i met a woman that was a virgin at age 30? I would think she is nuts and have a healthy fear of her. Because for any human male or female to never share that function with their counter part at or by age 30,,something happened or is missing. What i mean by missing is the fact i would think they had been cared for by other adults for not being able to toilet by themselves or eat by themselves or something like that. I am not a paranoid type by nature, but something is seriously messed up you aren't telling us about.
 roseyn
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:24:23 PM
Honestly at that age all you have to do is make sure that the girl you do it with is someone you truly love and someone you know loves you.
I had a boyfriend who was a virgin. He was like 27. We knew each other about a year before he told me! I was shocked but not necessarily in a bad way. I was just not sure if I wanted to take a way someone to precious lol but I wasn't turned off.

Anyway as far my specific thoughts on a 30 YEAR OLD virgin? My immediate thought would be "he's probably gay"
i met a lot of oder virgins in college and i swear to you they all seemed GAY. just the way they acted. everything about them. they didn't sleep with a girl but m thoughts are just they didn't have a deep desire to do so . only anxiety. a lot of older virgins haven't come to terms with their sexuality so they're afriad to do what they think theyre supposed to do... sleep with a woman lol

some are just gay and don't know it yet or don't wanna face that fact
and some are just nervous and some serious form of anxiety over it
and some are just picky.

only you know your own story and reasons behind your decision..

all i can say is the 1st person you sleep with might not be your last and it might not be what you want, hope or expect it to be so just focus on findin the right person and don't worry too much about the act
 singleand30
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:26:59 PM
Actually, nothing unusual with me. I'm a down-to-earth, laid-back, and very independent person. I was always shy growing up, but came out of that several years ago. I've just never dated a whole lot and kind of stuck to sports and myself. So, nothing is messed up with me. I'm just searching for a good girl...that's all. By the way, thanks for all the responses. They've been very helpful.
 brynn005
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:29:22 PM

I can't answer this based on a 30 year old male virgin but i can on a supposed 30 year old female virgin. If i met a woman that was a virgin at age 30? I would think she is nuts and have a healthy fear of her. Because for any human male or female to never share that function with their counter part at or by age 30,,something happened or is missing. What i mean by missing is the fact i would think they had been cared for by other adults for not being able to toilet by themselves or eat by themselves or something like that. I am not a paranoid type by nature, but something is seriously messed up you aren't telling us about.

Not necessarily, Bubba. Some people just feel strongly about keeping their virginity until they've found the right person. I have a friend who is near my age (late 30's) who is still a virgin.. mainly because he says he hasn't met the right one yet. It can and does happen and doesn't necessarily mean the person has a 'problem'.

OP, don't worry about being a virgin, but I would agree with some other posters about not advertising this fact. I also wouldn't go rushing out to change your sexual status because one day you might find ms. Right and might really regret it if you didn't save your virginity for her. Just my two cents.

Hi Egelebus :)
 Lori922
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/18/2009 7:31:42 PM
30 yo virgin?? No thanks
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 8:16:21 PM
I can never figure why people explain it on "shyness"...I have seen all kinds of reasons why guys/gals cant get a relationship going and shyness has NEVER been the core reason....
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:04:46 PM
I don't find it attractive or unattractive. It's a sign that something is different about you though. I would definitely tell women up front. There are some that will leave you as soon as they know that and you want to weed them out quickly.
 brad29483
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:10:35 PM
Bah, being a virgin isn't that bad, I was a virgin all through my 2nd marriage.
 eschec mat
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:26:41 PM
I hope you find the one and it is special even if it is just the first time and nothing else seems to go as planned. Just take everything slow with her and enjoy every minute, don't rush. Watch and listen to her and you should know how you are doing. Don't be afraid of asking her to show you anything she likes. Don't stress out, just relax and enjoy.
 PUA_Advice
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:58:34 PM
Being a virgin at 30 is not attractive to women..unless you have hardcore religious beliefs of not having sex till marriage, then that could be ok if the girl your going for is the same way...but if your not..then..that is not good..cause that pretty much shows you have not been chosen by any other girls to have sex with..and yeah..lol plus it probably means you won't be that stellar in bed either..but its not the end of the world, but it is something you should start working on for sure!

As for finding the right girl to lose it with..well maybe lower your standards for that type of girl OR find a way to increase your game so that way meeting, and seducing that "right girl" won't take forever, you know like you could go out this weekend, flirt with a girl either during the day or in a bar and Go on a date/one night stand and seal the deal..but I'm guessing that isn't an option at the moment (because you probably would have done it by now), soo yeah...hmm..

if you want to increase your game, you could always learn pick up artist stuff, like from David Deangelo or RealSocialDynamics..but it's not an easy road..because it involves you approaching a lot of women at bars/clubs to get that experience under you belt on how to approach and for the first while, your gonna get rejected A LOT of times and being rejected is something that most people fear, but it is worth it if you truly want to transform yourself in a man that is "naturally attractive to women". No man is born confident, no man is born charismatic, they just happen to learn the right mind sets as they grow up from friends, or from life experience, or their parents etc, but getting good with girls is definitely is something you can get better at proactively.

You will still "be yourself" but you learn how to be your "best self"... like you will become more confident, positive, charismatic, dominant, playful, sexual, etc, plus the shear fact of you approaching thousands of girls helps you develop all of those characteristics naturally, and makes you a more centered man.

I'm sure a lot of people have different views on this, but of course this is only a suggestion, you are free to do what you want, I'm just letting u know its out there...cause your 30 and yeah..this is something that could clearly help you :) and it will befit the girl you eventually start a relationship with too.

As for should you tell a girl your a virgin, I think you should keep it more on the down low..

How should u break the news to a girl..well if I were you, I would just pretend like your not a virgin, then have sex with her and then after that you could mention it lol..on the flip side a girl could like the fact that your being honest..but unless she asks you, I would keep it more on the down low..

Oh and delete that last picture of you sitting on Santa's lap..that is definitely not a good idea lol!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's girls thoughts on a single 30-year-old male virgin?