Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do guys show they really care about a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do guys show they really care about a woman?Page 1 of 1    
I am talking about before you become exclusive with each other but still have
some feelings and want a long lasting loving relationship with a woman.

How do you show the woman you really care about her and want her to
care about you and stick with you?
 Scratch off
Msg: 2
How do guys show they really care about a woman?
Posted: 7/28/2009 1:10:51 AM
Easiest question one of you ladies has ever asked in this forum:

By providing her with your time when you don't have time, and through quality conversation. By enjoying her positives, and getting over her flaws. And ++ by sharing yourself with her, as in whatever is most important to you. ... All the other sh!t is just gift wrap and window dressing.

++ Note: "Sharing yourself with her" does not mean taking the survey from that ridiculous magazine you bought when you were in line at the store.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 1:15:43 AM
^^^^^
By providing her with your time when you don't have time, and through quality conversation. By enjoying her positives, and getting over her flaws

How is this different from just wanting a close friendship with her?
 Scratch off
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/28/2009 1:21:54 AM
Second easiest question one of you ladies has ever asked. Damn, I should suffer from a bit of insomnia more often.

Because the window dressings/gift wrap formula is totally different for a friendship than it is for a romantic relationship. You always have a quality conversation with someone you give a shit about. You don't have a romantic physical relationship in any way with a friend. Doing so is playing with fire. I have never kissed anyone who was just a friend.
 abelian
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/28/2009 1:30:31 AM

I am talking about before you become exclusive with each other but still have
some feelings and want a long lasting loving relationship with a woman.

If wouldn't want a relationship with someone under those conditions.

How do you show the woman you really care about her and want her to care about you and stick with you?

By becoming exclusive.
 Minau
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/28/2009 1:54:38 AM
Not a guy...but I know I feel cared about when a guy makes time for you in his busy schedule.
 Write Time
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 2:01:01 AM
Being attentive is great -- keeping in touch via phone, email, texting, whatever. Making time during busy days. Sharing the bits and pieces of lives that unfold when you get to know one another.

But I think the thing that truly shows you care is proving that you've *listened*. Treat a woman to the foods and drinks she's identified as her favorites. Share a book or movie you think she'll like, based on what she's told you. Bring up some funny bit of trivia she's previously shared about her life.

Proving that you've paid attention shows that you're paying attention, and that more than anything demonstrates sincere interest.
 DocElffington
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 2:02:28 AM
OP: In the early stages..........

All lines of communication were wide open!

We had a great dialogue going before ever meeting in person.

That has never really changed.

I talk to her about EVERYTHING and include her in EVERYTHING.

Even on here, she has Carte Blanche access.

We discuss some of my posts, the threads, and I even sometimes include some of her thoughts in my posts.

What's amazing, is that, here, we often pick up on the same things and react similarly, yet independently.
 potsmoker2009
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/28/2009 2:41:57 AM
make her think you're too good to be true
 CChauncey
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 3:13:02 AM
I buy her a bowling ball.
 Tall, dark and cute!
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/28/2009 3:18:54 AM
It's very easy, be polite, open the door for women, listen carefully and treat them the way you would want to be treated!
 P.R.Handgrenade69
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/28/2009 4:04:11 AM
I buy her a bowling ball.

^^^^^^^^^
@CChauncey:

You're too much.

I was thinking a map, chewing gum, and some duct tape.
 gtomustang
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 5:07:34 AM
In all seriousness:

What do YOU do?

analyze your behavior. What exactly you do, and what's your intension for doing that exact activity (invading space, dropping verbal hints, testing the water, etc).

Then look at what he's really doing, not what you wish to see. You'll find that humans have the same goals. Men and women may go about reaching them differently, which is why I always say, forget the act, look at the reason.
 nakhia
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 6:02:46 AM
Tell her. If you can't communicate your feelings with her at this stage you never will be able too. As far as physical manifistations, flowers at work, mid day phone calls just to say hi and find out how her day is going. Letting her know she is on your mind constantly. Being available to her at all times.

If we want to be exclusive and in love we will come right out and say it. Most of us understand how dating works and know it's a helluva lot easier for you than for us.
 Zebra Circle
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/28/2009 6:29:09 AM
Just like you would show anyone you care or like them: by being nice to them. By showing interest in them. By listening to what they have to say. By getting closer to when they are talking. Blah, blah, blah.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 6:45:28 AM
While in a non-exclusive relationship?

Hmmm.....if you ask me to pick up a box of tampons for you and I do so without complaining/freaking out/thinking you're weird, I must like you an awful lot.

Romantic gestures....yeah, that's it....

56kingfish
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:31:50 AM
By listening to her....Not offering suggestions and solutions, just listening.
By doing unexpected nice things for her. By holding her hand in public. By opening doors for her. By going to sleep at night with her head on your shoulder. By giving her a gift certificate to a day spa. By taking her on a trip someplace warm on a beach. By taking the time to learn about her favorite food, wine, restaurant and flowers. By dancing with her. By holding her hands, looking intio her eyes and telling her how important she is to you........
 Blakkardaberry
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 9:43:54 AM
I am drawing a blank the only way I can think of showing her I really care is I wouldn't be around her if I didn't. I am unclear of the really care principal either you care or you don't. Showing it to me I guess is being attentive doing things she likes paying attention to what she perfers and enjoyment in her company. Hey I just say smile a lot and laugh at her jokes always makes me feel you care.
 Elegabalus
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/28/2009 10:05:50 AM
I think it was Cher who said:

If you wanna know
If he loves you so
Its in his kiss!

That aside, men tend to be more physical and let actions speak louder than words.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do guys show they really care about a woman?