Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Am I too eager?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dotnetnoob
Msg: 1
Am I too eager?Page 1 of 1    
I meet this girl, last weekend. Over the weekend, we hung out, talk and I think she like me. We exchange our cell phone number. I call her this Monday night and also email her. We talk briefly on Monday. Yesterday, I call her but she didn't return my call. I didn't leave her a message since she call me back on Monday so I figure she will call me back but she didn't and today I send her a email and I didn't get any reply back.

She is a student at Mississippi College. I don't think I can drive up there every weekend since I have to work plus I'm not sure if she is into me but her roommate said she like me.

Three questions:
1. Am I too eager?
2. Should I take it slow?
3. What should I talk about when I call her? (On Monday, our conversation is about 5 minutes or even less since I have no idea what to talk about. Can I get some pointers on how to make chit-chat with women?)

Thanks for your input.
 artist_48
Msg: 2
Am I too eager?
Posted: 7/29/2009 9:23:42 PM
Well, I'll be honest- the 5 minute or less phone call isn't great. Aren't there common interests to talk about? Ask people things and take something out of what they say and continue the flow of conversaton with that. I tend to think that if a guy doesn't talk about much that there isn't much interest. It sounds like she's not interested if she is not returning your calls or emails.

Are you too eager? IDK- You should just do what you want to do. No rules.

You should go at the pace that works for both people. Communicate.
 brad29483
Msg: 3
Am I too eager?
Posted: 7/29/2009 9:42:59 PM
Online dating lends itself to the most opportunistic... 20 zillion other guys trying to get her number, and get her out on a date. If you don't work fast, you are out!
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 4
Am I too eager?
Posted: 7/29/2009 10:45:14 PM
Give it time. If you're wondering whether you are too eager then you probably are. Extend allowances to the other person even if you haven't a clue what they might be doing.
Thereafter carry on with your life by dating others.
You got friends right? Family? What do you chat to them about? It isn't a big mystery. If she's compatible with you then it should flow naturally. Don't force it.
 ~pinkrose~
Msg: 5
Am I too eager?
Posted: 7/29/2009 11:14:46 PM
Ask yourself this, what is it about the girl that you like?
If you're into her, there should be loads of things you'd want to talk about.
And also, if you don't know what to talk to her about, why call her? Maybe she is feeling the same and that's why she hasn't returned the call, nothing to say...
 ~pinkrose~
Msg: 6
Am I too eager?
Posted: 7/29/2009 11:31:30 PM
to dotnetnoob,

on another note, you might want to rewrite your profile. You are listing your negative traits instead of your positives. Don't sell yourself short. Sorry, but noone wants to date a "dork". Shy guy is ok, which I believe you are, but don't try to be funny. Mixing shyness and humour does not work. It gets the wrong vipes. If you want to be the funny guy, you have to project a more confident tone.

cheers and good luck
 DharmaF
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Am I too eager?
Posted: 7/29/2009 11:57:15 PM
brad29483: Online dating lends itself to the most opportunistic... 20 zillion other guys trying to get her number, and get her out on a date. If you don't work fast, you are out!

Brad, actually dating itself is an opportunity period. I really wish more of your gender understood that. It doesn't matter whether "20 zillion other guys" are asking us out or not. What matters is, the one who asked us out needs to keep our attention. I'm not talking fickleness here either. It's a simple case of respect. We take our cues from you men. If we're receiving mixed signals or worse - NO signal (as in NO communication) we figure you are not interested & move on.

So my best advice to the original poster (and all men really) is if you really like someone, let them know. Don't sit around worrying about acting cool or if you are being too eager. Us gals need to know that you are truly interested & not playing a game with us. How else would we know unless you walked the walk, right?

I hope that helps.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Am I too eager?