Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So why are a man's hands so attractive to women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 1
view profile
History
So why are a man's hands so attractive to women?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It's become obvious to me that other women, as well as I, find men's hands attractive. Hands??? I'm stymied! For me it's not a newcomers hands; it's the hands of a lover. I've known rough, workman's hands all the way to slender, artistic hands. When I look down and see/feel them on my body, I get a rush. Can anyone explain why a man's hands, no matter what they look like, are so darn attractive and disarming? I'm thinking that there has to be some Neanderthal connection.
 Lovinlifeat44
Msg: 2
So why are a man's hands so attractive to women?
Posted: 7/30/2009 6:26:08 PM
Oh, geez, I thought it was only me.

They can be calloused, smooth or just average. I find a man's hands to be so sensual.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/30/2009 6:34:24 PM
They're MAN'S hands - bigger than ours. It makes us feel girly to put our dainty paws inside their big man hands (have you started barfing yet, Lil B?)...
And of course we can look at those hands and know where they've been and where they're going, if you get my drift...very erotic..
 newname4metoo
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/30/2009 6:51:15 PM
Hands can be a symbol of so much. So many different kinds of work are done by hands; sometimes even the worker is referred to by his/her hands....farm hand, all hands on deck, and so on. Hands can be so very strong, and at the same time are capable of performing the most delicate maneuvers---I'm thinking of a surgeon or a musician. They can show such tenderness and love. They can tell much about a person,too-- are they smooth, rough, or covered in scratches and scars? Are they soft and pale or tanned and calloused? I don't know if men pay as much attention to hands as women tend to, but maybe one of the reasons women tend to admire them is because when we see a large, strong man's hand entwined with the smaller woman's hand, we think of protection. Or maybe it's much simpler.....maybe when we are feeling that vibe of attraction, we just naturally look at his hands and imagine them exploring every inch of our bodies...
 Farra
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:02:06 PM
I love hands, but I love necks, too.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:04:27 PM

maybe one of the reasons women tend to admire them is because when we see a large, strong man's hand entwined with the smaller woman's hand, we think of protection.

I think that's it! It describes the feelings I get when I look at his hands - I am safe. Who woulda thunk that three messages would give me my answer? I am no longer baffled. End of thread.
 stone_artly
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:23:24 PM
DISCLAIMER: Last time I wrote about evolutionary biology on this site I left with about 7 rectums. If you are not open to new ideas read no further.

One of the findings of evolutionary biologist when they asked "what do women find physically attractive in men" was symmetry. It's not something that is thought about its just years of evolution. The theory is that the more symmetrical a person is the healthier that person is; consequently that person is good choice for mating.

In one test pictures were taken of men and women were asked to "grade" their looks. Then these pictures were taken and were "photoshopped" so that the person was perfectly symmetrical. Again the photo's were graded and all of the male subjects were then considered better looking when made symmetrical.

The theory is that you look at hands (and feet too) to see if they match each other.

On the other hand the women that men find most physically attractive are "average". There are some 225 different geometrical measurements that evolutionary biologist have taken of human faces. The closer women are to being "average" the more attractive men find them. Examples of measurements are the bottom of the nose and the bottom of the ears should be lined up; the center line of the eyes and the top of the ears should match; when looking straight ahead the width of the mouth should proximate the width of the pupils.

You are all now allowed to yell, scream, and call me an idiot.
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:26:53 PM
**sigh** hands :-) Love em. Arms don't suck either...
 Dainty Beauty
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:28:47 PM
Man's hands...man's hands...well, you know what a man's hand can do for/to/at/grobe/violate you.
 varinia
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:28:53 PM
I never had a particular attraction for hands. I don't dislike them, but I don't really look at them when I meet someone.
 Farra
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:32:50 PM
Stone:

What does biology say about necks.
 stone_artly
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:43:53 PM
What does biology say about necks

I don't know but there are two t-shirt tests.

In one test women had their immunity systems tested to see what medical problems were more or less likely to affect them. They were then asked to smell t-shirts that men slept in for two nights and pick the smell they were most attracted to. The women tended to pick men whose immunity systems were different from their own. That would then result in healthier offspring.

The second one is really spooky. A group of women were asked to grade men by their physical appearance. These men were then asked to sleep in a t-shirt for a few nights and then the group of women were asked to smell the t-shirts and try to decide what smell was most attractive. The women ranked them exactly the same both times.
 Touchdown Bundy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:48:32 PM
I figure it's a daddy thing. As a little girl your father would pick you up with his big, strong hands. You would hold his hand, etc. There's probably a feeling of security, that comes from that as well. Don't get too grossed out by that, it's just a theory.
 starry_night
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:49:51 PM
Hands are attractive because they contain lots of sensitive nerve endings. Hands project an electricity that emanates from the energy of their owners. They tell stories sometimes without words. Hands are expressive.
 Me Leona
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:52:45 PM
To me the hands come into play when they are a man I love. When they belong to a man who I've been intimate with. The thought of those hands on someone else is upsetting to me. Those hands are his but they're what touch me in ways no one else will if I'm in love. I cherish those hands as I do the love for the man and if I know they've strayed elsewhere they lose their appeal.
 Farra
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:53:06 PM

The second one is really spooky. A group of women were asked to grade men by their physical appearance. These men were then asked to sleep in a t-shirt for a few nights and then the group of women were asked to smell the t-shirts and try to decide what smell was most attractive. The women ranked them exactly the same both times.

That's really interesting considering the importance of smell and sexual attraction. Body language is fascinating as well, especially when you're not 100% sure if someone likes you or not - even though you've picked up their 'scent'. LOL.

I think hands are important because they are going to touch you, they need to be inviting, to you.
 JoeLooks
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 8:03:50 PM
In my line of work ... beauty being subjective, is easier described in averages.
I guess biologist take averages of measurement and consider it as optimal.
Does that make sense.

About the mans hand....I guess its to do with the tactile sense centre in the brains being switched on.....which programmed on the basis of past experiences...... gets some help from the erogenous centres as well.

The woman knowing what a man get up to ...up close and personal... have all these centres switched on.

Wish science was so easy in reality!!
 northernbill
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 8:07:27 PM
All at once...jkjk But it's true, all my spouses have said that
Oh you can see my hand in my profile
 dardika
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/30/2009 8:17:25 PM
The touch of a man begins with his hands so to find them attractive, knowing that they may be on you, around you and inside you, is exciting.

Love mens hands
 rune3
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:13:59 PM

maybe one of the reasons women tend to admire them is because when we see a large, strong man's hand entwined with the smaller woman's hand, we think of protection.
Absolutely. The protection thing speaks to us at a primitive level, the level of attraction that tracks back to cave-dwelling days when roles were very defined and protection was hugely desirable. Nature needs women to feel attracted to men, else as a species humans would die out.

I think men totally under-rate this element. They know that money and power are attractive: these too appear like strength to many in our world, they know that height and muscles are attractive to many too. Most of them seem to have yet to figure out that behaving in a certain way: protectively, can also be very attractive at an instinctive level. And these days that protective behaviour has to be blended with respect too, but the need for respect is not connected with that primitive attraction, just with modern values. This may help to explain why the thuggish/jerk types can appear more attractive than the 'I'll put you on a pedestal' types -- to women ruled more by primitive attraction and not balancing it with the more recent societal-type values.
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:18:52 PM
No clue why a man's hands turn me on so much. They just do. But only certain hands. And I can't define those either. LOL!

Sorry.

All that matters is that he has them all over me once in a while.
 *MisKa*
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:26:46 PM
I think for me it is the one body part on a man that can show compassion, tenderness, love, strength, humor, sensual, and sometimes a little kinky. The hands of a working man, or an artistic man. The way he gestures while he talks. Hands are a great way to see a lot of facets about a man. Or woman if you're so inclined.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:30:49 PM
I've been told I have "magic hands." All I did for one woman was take it slow and not rush her. But to enjoy foreplay. Another woman I liked to give backrubs and she said
the same thing about my hands? I guess we all give off energy, both cold and warm energy. Some people can calm you down with their touch.
 lbiker
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:35:59 PM
They are so warm pressing in the small of your back.
They can be so gentle, for being so large.
They can hold us to comfort us, so tender.
They connect us.
They completely wrap around our necks, with such gentleness.
They pull our bodies into theirs with direction and love.
They pick us up off the ground, and never leave a mark,
The most comforting, needed, warmth..The hands of love.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:37:12 PM

the majority can't hide to become detectable is the slight flexing of the left thumb in the hand in both men/women (more so for women) at the moment they lie.

I think we need to test that theory on the Hold 'Em tables in Vegas. Could be the ultimate "tell". :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So why are a man's hands so attractive to women?