Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > are all young women stuck up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jester08
Msg: 1
are all young women stuck up?Page 1 of 1    
Hey Ladies,
First im not critcizing anybody. I just have noticed lately that women around my age, give or take 2 years, seem to be so stuck up that it is ridiculous! Why is it that young women think that they are so hot and too good to conversate? I try not to laugh when it happens but I can't help it. What does a guy have to do in order to conversate with a woman he thinks is good looking? I can be too honest, but Im not going to lie to somebody to make them think i am something im not.
 1happyman
Msg: 2
are all young women stuck up?
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:43:56 PM
You hit the nail on the head man. Maybe that’s why they are on the site. Or maybe it could be fear? But I understand I am having the same problem. I bet they are holding out for all the Bodybuilding supermodel millionaires to ask them out..... Good luck to them.
 Porckchops
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:44:52 PM
Some of them may just be playing hard to get as well. Some probably are stuck up as some think think it makes for a better game if they make you work for it.

You may find that the ones who seem stuck up aren't that bad once you get to know them.
 jester08
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:51:23 PM
LOL I didn't think id be alone on this one! So lets hear it from some younger women! What makes a young woman so stuck up these days?
 ThePurpleMarker
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/1/2009 1:10:34 AM
I've come to the conclusion most young women, those being in my age maybe a bit younger or older. Tend to give themselves more self-worth then they actually deserve. A lot of them are still getting out of the high school mindset. Most of the females that are like that, were usually at one point rather popular in school. And can't seem to move past the fact that this isn't high school anymore. That and lets face it, on and off here they probably have many guys closer to there 30s hitting on them on a constant basis, which just feeds that self-worth they have. Not all young women are stuck up, you guys just seem to be finding the one's that are.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 1:24:38 AM
Hate to break it to you guys, but women age 18 and up are getting hit on by men 18 to 80, they are prime arm candy for older men, and that makes it harder for you to get in the game with them. Add that to the fact that there are a lot less females than males on here, well, that makes it even more difficult.
Try looking toward women a bit older...you may have a bit of luck in finding someone willing to recapture her youth with a little bit of young love.

But who knows, it all depends on your personality, intellect, and overall looks and charm.
Much luck!
Beth
 jester08
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/1/2009 1:35:08 AM
I usually date women older than me, i just thought it was a good question. And thanks for the advice. Never thought about the older creepy dudes!
 tarotdream
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 2:34:30 AM

First im not critcizing anybody.

Yes you ARE! It's exactly what you're doing! Your headline leaves no doubt that's what you're going to do.
 mikkiemaus
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/1/2009 3:10:11 AM
Someone called them "entitlement princesses"....you can recognise them from a mile off, profile full of what they "expect" from a man and what they are "entitled to" but very little about what they have to offer.
 trekker013
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/1/2009 3:16:42 AM

I usually date women older than me, i just thought it was a good question. And thanks for the advice. Never thought about the older creepy dudes!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

By your own statement aren't you basically saying that you're a younger creepy dude?
 PunkJesster
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 3:21:01 AM
Well, I'm not exactly your age - 27 - but my little sister is 19 and she is so awesome to approach for guys. She's really laid back, funny and sweet - mind you, if she's not attracted to you, she'll let you know immediately. She's no dog either - so don't think that by looking at my picture as we're very different in appearance. I just think maybe you're attracted to & are attracting the same girls over and over again.

"Try a different supermarket if the produce in your current store is rotten."

Cheers.
 Browngreeneyes
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:30:55 AM
Stuck up?

Stuck up what???
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:54:10 AM
They are not all stuck up. They are just not attracted to YOU. Your confusing women that are not interested in YOU as being stuck up? Yeah right... You have much to learn yet grasshopper.

Look when you hit on young gals your age they want to be attracted to you OK? I am sorry you feel ALL of them find you unattractive.

Not sure how you saying that ALL WOMEN YOUR AGE ARE STUCK UP can be taken any other way.

Cowboy
 undesiredheart
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:01:18 AM
I think theres a fine line between stuck up.. and generally have better offers than you could ever give them. Sure some of them think way to highly of themselves, but i bet a good 80% of your demographic look at you and decide your not worth the effort. Thats not them being stuck up, thats them considering there futures.
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:02:48 AM
Not this young woman that's for sure. Op, hmmm generalize much? Loose the negative attitude toward us young women and you'll be more successful.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:55:25 AM
Obviously the ones you go after don't find you attractive. They don't feel the need to talk to someone who they wouldn't date. Because let's face it you men only talk to girls you are hoping to fvck....why can't the women do the same>????
 Drue1
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:07:21 AM
I think its great for a girl to set the bar high! You only live once!I think maybe u should try to be more confident in urself.. girls love confident guys! Some people may mistake it for being "stuck up" but if you r smart, good looking, fun, out going, and an over all great catch then u have every right 2 be. I find that people dont join this site because they cant get a date but because they r picky. Finding a bf/gf is like an interview process lol you have to be picky.
 oblivion77
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:28:58 AM
Women in the age group you're talking about can usually afford to be picky. And why shouldn't they? As someone already said, women from 18-ish to 25-ish have every age group of men hitting on them, because they look the best they will ever look.
They are not at all being stuck up, it's that they have a LOT of guys to pick from.
This is their time to date anyone they want, not anyone they can get.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:53:34 AM
Oblivion I'm 44 and I can afford to be picky too. I have men from every age group hitting on me. LOL. Whether I want it or not.

It's because of the mistakes made in my youth, that I am now so damn picky.
 oblivion77
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:27:36 AM
Wow, bellydanza, you are lucky then, because I've noticed that between the time I was 27 or 28 and now (almost 32) the number and quality of guys asking me out has gone down considerably.
 Kixxie
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:41:56 AM

.....Until the next sentence....

I just have noticed lately that women around my age, give or take 2 years, seem to be so stuck up that it is ridiculous! Why is it that young women think that they are so hot and too good to conversate?
Obviously, at some point, you thought they were hot too, or you wouldn't have tried to email them.

I try not to laugh when it happens but I can't help it.
If you really think it's funny enough to laugh about, then what are you doing here complaining about it?

What does a guy have to do in order to conversate with a woman he thinks is good looking?
Change your attitude a little bit maybe?

You hit the nail on the head man. Maybe that’s why they are on the site.

Maybe that's why THEY are on the site? Are YOU not here TOO?

I've come to the conclusion most young women, those being in my age maybe a bit younger or older. Tend to give themselves more self-worth then they actually deserve.
Who's to say how much self worth a person deserves? If she's willing to get with anyone & everyone, she's a ho. If she's picky, she's acting like she's in highschool? Maybe she just has preferences like eveyrone else..... What a concept!
 Archer82
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:44:45 AM
I don't feel like I'm "too good" to have a conversation with anyone, but I am not a person who enjoys chit-chatting with strangers just for the heck of it when I'm out. Just because someone decides they want to come up and talk to me...it doesn't mean I feel like talking to them.

Before you just go up and start talking to a person, you should ascertain that they will be receptive to you approaching them. You cannot just swoop down on a stranger like a hawk and think that just because you decided YOU want to talk to them, that they should be friendly and available to you, someone they do not even know. If you want to approach a girl you should try catching her eye first. Does she stare back, smile, act flirty? You have to establish SOME kind of groundwork before just descending upon someone.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > are all young women stuck up?